Nebraska needs to stop sitting on their hands!!

For crying out loud. Get over it and offer Millard South all state QB Bronson Marsh a scholarship before Kansas or a DII school snatches him up. The kid has plenty of talent and enough heart to make a huge impact on the football team and become the next Eric Crouch or Scott Frost. This kid has the kind of stuff those two guys were made of, to deny him the opportunity would be a tradgedy and a slap in the face to what today is known as the "theory" of in state recruiting. Talented players like this come out of Nebraska once in a while, a diamond in the rough. I don't care how many stars rivals gives the kid. He has proven his ability on the field! COACHES! QUIT DRAGGING YOU"RE FEET!

Take it from former Husker Andy Means, he knows a thing or two about what it takes to win in the game of football.

OWH Article on Marsh with comments by Andy Means

Kanas is ready to pounce on Nebraska's potential recruiting error in judgement

Nebraska "needs" to offer Marsh? How many D1 offers does he have? Zero. Will Marsh walk on at Nebraska if he doesn't get any D1 offers? Probably. So Nebraska doesn't need to do anything right now except go after the elite national players (Owa, Cooper, Carnes) and see how that plays how. If Kansas or Ohio offers Marsh, then Nebraska needs to consider offering him. Until then, they don't need to waste a scholarship on him. I know it sounds cruel, but that's how the game is played.

I'm with HuskerBruin...we don't NEED to offer anyone that doesn't have any other D1 offers. Just bc he's from nebraska doesn't mean that we have to keep him here. I do think that its always best to keep your talent in state but in a year where we just don't have a lot of schollies to give out why give one to a recruit over someone else who is more deserving just bc the kid is from Nebraska? If we are looking at Marsh as an athlete and will probably end up at safety why wouldn't we try to get Cooper first? It's almost like people want Marsh to get an offer bc he's a nebraska kid but everyone was upset about the cotton offer. What's the difference? Marsh's stats?

Seems to me that NU did pretty well with a 2 Star QB recruit with 1 other offer once upon a time. Bronson's potential could be tapped at a few positions, which makes him more valuable than that other 2 Star QB. On the other hand, if the staff took Bronson as opposed to Owa, Cooper, or Carnes then I wouldn't be happy.

Anyone else seeing this turn into a Allan Evridge type of situation?

He's going to Wisconsin?!?! :nanalama

Yes exactly! No, I mean a talented QB under recruited by NU, leaves for a Kansas school and winds up starting early and putting up good numbers. Stranger things have happened, and it's not as if KU's roster is overflowing with blue chip QBs. Who would he have to compete with......Jordan Webb? Kale Pick?

The end to this recruiting process is going to be one of the more fun ones in my three years following NU recruiting. So many different scenarios to think about. I am sure that the staff knows what they are doing.

:yeah No reason to get all fired up about it. If Bo thinks he deserves an offer, thats fine with me. If he doesn't, thats fine too.

The end to this recruiting process is going to be one of the more fun ones in my three years following NU recruiting. So many different scenarios to think about. I am sure that the staff knows what they are doing.

:yeah No reason to get all fired up about it. If Bo thinks he deserves an offer, thats fine with me. If he doesn't, thats fine too.

if we had more space, i'd be totally OK with offering this kid, which is why i wouldn't mind seeing a gray shirt to add him to next year's class. at this point, i think the gray shirt is the most he can expect, as he appears to be a back-up plan for missing out on our top remaining recruits (and things are looking promising there).

either way, i think this kid will be playing D1 ball and i hope it's in red.