S Wayne Lyons

Nexus

I herd from some where (I cant remember the link right now)but I herd he was a Notre Dame commitment has any one else herd any thing like that? :dunno

maybe he is a silent committ but he hasn't said anything..... he has trip planned to ND and a few other schools (nebraska included)

dont know why he would want to go to ND with its crap defense.....

i just understadn ND at all... how long can they be proped up by ESPN NBC and the powers that be... the program has been down for how LONG?? i mean not even a rebound here or there for a glimmer of hope and they still manage to pull in some big names... makes you wonder......

I herd from some where (I cant remember the link right now)but I herd he was a Notre Dame commitment has any one else herd any thing like that? :dunno

maybe he is a silent committ but he hasn't said anything..... he has trip planned to ND and a few other schools (nebraska included)

i just understadn ND at all... how long can they be proped up by ESPN NBC and the powers that be... the program has been down for how LONG?? i mean not even a rebound here or there for a glimmer of hope and they still manage to pull in some big names... makes you wonder......

I've been saying that for a while too, ND has been down for what? 22 years? what makes them appealing anymore? I can only see him going because of the academics but other than that what do they have? crappy D at best? wouldn't be suprised if they get caught with a major ncaa violation, and throw ucla with them too

I've heard "silent commit" thrown around a bunch of times on the board. Have any of our past recruits come out and said that they were "silent commits"? That just sounds pretty elementary school to me, like a friend that you have that cannot tell anyone else you two are friends.

More importantly, I hope we get a chance for Lyons to come for a visit. He seems like he has his head on straight, and we need more of those.

I've been saying that for a while too, ND has been down for what? 22 years? what makes them appealing anymore? I can only see him going because of the academics but other than that what do they have? crappy D at best? wouldn't be suprised if they get caught with a major ncaa violation, and throw ucla with them too

Agree, this would be an academic decision as much as a football decision. IMHO - if you want both academics and football...ND is about as good of a place to go as any. And, while we have to go 12-1 to get to a BCS game...a 10-3 or 11-2 ND team will almost always get there.

Personally, I can't bash ND too much as they are in a VERY similar position as we were just a couple short years ago. To put them down too much for a bad coaching decision would be hypocritical. And frankly, if you judge relevancy on MNC, then we haven't been relevent for what, since these kids were 2? I don't think our dominance over the last 9 years (or the entire football careers of these recruits) is anything to brag about. :)

As for major NCAA violations - if there is 1 place that will probably never get sanctioned, it will be ND. The NCAA can't go in there and get records like they can other institutions. While they can push around major public universities, where the media can use open records laws and dig deep, and AG's can threaten probes...that just won't fly with ND. Most of the ammunition they use against these schools is worthless up there. Add that to their trillion dollars (exaggeration) endowment and threatening to take a little bit of research money away isn't that big of a deal to them.

• 2 weeks later...

He got banged up this week. Some sort of knee injury and will miss 4-6 weeks, MCL tear I think.

oooppss that sucks............. i hope we still show him love

Injuries haven't stopped us before, although I shudder when I think about the potential Chris Williams had and how much his derailed his football career. Although, IIRC, Williams was already a commit when he got hurt. Oh well... let's hope this injury isn't as devastating to our boy Wayne.

He got banged up this week. Some sort of knee injury and will miss 4-6 weeks, MCL tear I think.

oooppss that sucks............. i hope we still show him love

Injuries haven't stopped us before, although I shudder when I think about the potential Chris Williams had and how much his derailed his football career. Although, IIRC, Williams was already a commit when he got hurt. Oh well... let's hope this injury isn't as devastating to our boy Wayne.

Williams was committed to Nebraska for a while when he was injured. He tore the "Terrible Triad" the ACL, MCL, and PCL as well as his miniscus. That is an injury that takes a very long time to heal and the success of players returning to near prior performance is small.

Thankfully it sounds as if Wayne's injury is only the MCL, not near as important of a ligament when it comes to planting and change of direction as the ACL. Hope the recovery goes well and isn't rushed to prevent further damage.

• 2 weeks later...

this is the kind of kid who wouldnt have looked at us in the past... with that offer list getting this kids to come to visit is a huge step in the right direction and pretty soon as i've said most of these kids will be coming here REAL soon!!!

I am actually hoping Wayne's recent knee injury maybe scares off some of those offers. There is no doubt in my mind that Bo and company will continue to work on this kid. Afterall we could have bailed on Chris Williams, but we gave him every resource he needed to rehab and get back to condition, he just failed to hold up on his end of the deal. Pass it to the left brotha

• Fire 1

has had official visits to ND on 9/10, UCLA on 9/17, NU 10/29. Has mentioned an official to Stanford in Nov. Id bet hes also made some unofficial visits, I think his sister is at Florida.

Im starting to become excited about Wayne.

seems like Nebraska is becoming a lot of guys last visit on their officals... coincidence or global plot for Nebraska recruiting domination?? you be the judge

:koolaid2::bigredn::bonesflag: