I would not have blamed Carnes for going to WKU

EZ-E

Jamal Turner IS the real deal. I am very high on this kid's game.

Are you kidding me. He might never not ever get here. Looking at our history of Recruit QBs changing there mind and going somewhere else. I think it a 50/50 chance he ends up here.

Well...

1. He took two unofficial visits up to Lincoln this year for games. Unofficials are all on your own dime.

2. He went to the CCG ON THIS OWN DIME.

3. He drove FROM ARLINGTON, TEXAS TO SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA FOR THE HOLIDAY BOWL ON HIS OWN DIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. We were his first offer.

So no I am not kidding you. I THINK there is a GREAT chance he ends up in Lincoln.

Have a nice day.

C'mon man, is that all you got :sarcasm

+1 for you

Jamal Turner IS the real deal. I am very high on this kid's game.

Are you kidding me. He might never not ever get here. Looking at our history of Recruit QBs changing there mind and going somewhere else. I think it a 50/50 chance he ends up here.

Well...

1. He took two unofficial visits up to Lincoln this year for games. Unofficials are all on your own dime.

2. He went to the CCG ON THIS OWN DIME.

3. He drove FROM ARLINGTON, TEXAS TO SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA FOR THE HOLIDAY BOWL ON HIS OWN DIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. We were his first offer.

So no I am not kidding you. I THINK there is a GREAT chance he ends up in Lincoln.

Have a nice day.

Didn't you know his middle name is Gabbert...which pretty much means he's never stepping on campus at Nebraska :P

• 4 months later...

I stand strong by my statement that Green will start the next 3 years. He is a man. He should have RS, but that is watoer under the bridge. Carnes will RS and backup Green and will have to fight off Turner. Turner will RS, and then he can battle Green for 1 yr and Carnes for 3 for the starting job.

Green 3 yr starter ( 2 at worst)

Carnes RS next yr, then backup to Green for 2, starts as a RS jr. for first few games, before Turner passes him.

Turner RS 2011, is c0 #2 in 2012 as RS fresh. , then takes over mid-season as RS soph. and starts 2 1/2 years.

See, I have it all figured out. Ha

What happens when Bubba gets here and then T Mart is running around like a madman? It is going to be exciting to see who grabs the starting job in one to 2 years.

I think a lot of us got jaded way too fast because CG was such a highly touted recruit and wasn't an instant star like Tom Savage or Tyrod Taylor.

But now we're going to have some awesome talent vying for the job in coming years...Green, Martinez, Turner, Carnes, and now Bubba. Are you serious?!?!

Also remember when Bobby Newcombe didn't work out so well at QB. He was moved to PR/WR and did one hell of a job there!

newcombe worked out fine at QB and would have had us running an offense with an actual passing game. the fact that he had a future heisman winner on the bench until he blew his knee out says a lot about bobby's ability. he did end up making a good weapon elsewhere though.

Carnes, Turner--who really knows? With any of these guys you can't be sure what you have until they've been on campus for a few months. And with the QB position you really can't tell how good a guy is until he plays a few quarters against meaningful competition.