Time for Trev?

You should probably stop letting Sipple get you into a frenzy. Texas is going nowhere and this conference will be fine.

Well if this thing didn't have legs as of this morning.....It does now! It is all ESPN has talked about today, how much better off Texas would be if the did move. More TV, more money and I even heard the comment that Texas would be headed for world domination if they moved. Sounds to me that Texas probably isn't just throwing this idea in the trash.

OP don't worry, Dr. Tom will make sure things are fine for NU. Believe me I was a little worried at first, a little panicky. because we all love NU, but now I feel better now after reading and rationalizing some things. TO isn't the only one looking after NU, I'm sure there are many more people that have the pulse on things.

Besides this guy883caaea-f007-11de-b467-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg, who doesn't necessarily love NU athletics, but he loves NU and respects TO greatly, is there for some muscle if needed.

OP don't worry, Dr. Tom will make sure things are fine for NU. Believe me I was a little worried at first, a little panicky. because we all love NU, but now I feel better now after reading and rationalizing some things. TO isn't the only one looking after NU, I'm sure there are many more people that have the pulse on things.

Besides this guy883caaea-f007-11de-b467-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg, who doesn't necessarily love NU athletics, but he loves NU and respects TO greatly, is there for some muscle if needed.

:yeah

If things get messy legally-speaking in this conference expansion deal, don't forget that one of Nebraska's biggest fans is current Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

clarence-thomas.jpg

IMG_5717.JPG

• Fire 1

I promise that there is not another man within the big 12 conference who garners as much respect as Tom Osborne. There is no better man to have in our corner than TO during this time. As a wise man once said (ok maybe not so wise) DON'T MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR MY WEAKNESS! TO is as fair and patient as any man out there, but he is a rock. He already has a contingency plan moving forward. He will be ready if the $hit hits the fan and he will do what it takes to put Dear Old NU in a winning situation. That's my take.

I promise that there is not another man within the big 12 conference who garners as much respect as Tom Osborne. There is no better man to have in our corner than TO during this time. As a wise man once said (ok maybe not so wise) DON'T MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR MY WEAKNESS! TO is as fair and patient as any man out there, but he is a rock. He already has a contingency plan moving forward. He will be ready if the $hit hits the fan and he will do what it takes to put Dear Old NU in a winning situation. That's my take.

:yeah If we need strength in our program, we need TO. Getting anyone else would be the weakest thing we could do.

Remember, it was then Coach Osborne, who predicted the conference would become Texas-centric, when UT received all the concessions they asked for when forming the Big 12. Back then, all those self professed "forward thinkers" were accusing Tom of being afraid of "change" when he raised these concerns.

This is why I trust Dr. Tom. He has the foresight and knowledge to navigate NU through this. I have no worries he will always put what's good for the university above any personal gain, as he always has.

Remember, it was then Coach Osborne, who predicted the conference would become Texas-centric, when UT received all the concessions they asked for when forming the Big 12. Back then, all those self professed "forward thinkers" were accusing Tom of being afraid of "change" when he raised these concerns.

This is why I trust Dr. Tom. He has the foresight and knowledge to navigate NU through this. I have no worries he will always put what's good for the university above any personal gain, as he always has.

:yeah

There is no other. This is not the time to start making changes, when so much may be riding on who gos and who stays in the B-12. Just started to feel comfortable again, after that "great" hire of S. Pud. :sarcasm

GBR!!!

Unlikely that Trev becomes our next AD. Maybe Trev will get his shot in a decade or so when the job opens up again. For now, our next AD might be a name that not many are familiar with—--a non-athlete administrator sitting a few doors down from TO’s office.

Great insight Redblooded. Texas has always tried to muscle people around. The difference now and back when the b12 was formed is TO has more clout and he has more input now on our school. He'll take care of us.

Despite what the news is reporting (it makes for an interesting read which is the point) there is no way Texas has more to gain by leaving. They have to split more of the revenue in the big 10. Now unless the Texas brass decide they want to take over another conference they'll stay put. I can only see an ego trip making this move. Texas had one situation two years ago that cost them a chance at the title. I'm sure this is a nice reminder (to the b12 head) who is running the show and next time there is a question as to who goes to the title game to just keep in mind there are other conferences interested...

Tom Osborne was a US Congressman...Trev Alberts was an ESPN stooge. That pretty much sums it up for me, as far as who would have the better skill set to navigate the backroom dealings and be heard in discussions.

I'm not saying you're wrong, cause you make an excellent point. But in fairness, would Tom have been a US Congressman if he hadn't just won three national titles? You can't say without a doubt that he would have been. But you are right, point taken.

Heh...yeah, three recent national titles didn't hurt. :-)

I have huge, huge respect for both of them and would love to see them "both" involved with NU cfb someway.

Tom Osborne was a US Congressman...Trev Alberts was an ESPN stooge. That pretty much sums it up for me, as far as who would have the better skill set to navigate the backroom dealings and be heard in discussions.

I'm not saying you're wrong, cause you make an excellent point. But in fairness, would Tom have been a US Congressman if he hadn't just won three national titles? You can't say without a doubt that he would have been. But you are right, point taken.

You would think that this would be the case; however, it didn't win T.O. a spot in the Senate. While most Nebraskans love T.O., I believe we are much smarter than voting him in to anything just because of his football success.

While you do make some interesting points, OP, I don't think Trev is necessarily the man for the job at this time. I remember a lot of people believing in Steve Pederson because of the type of person he was and the "business" like approach he brought to the AD position. While SP was a key factor in a lot of good things (like our jumbo-tron), he was still partially responsible for Nebraska taking a huge spiral downward.

Now, you might argue that Trev Alberts understands Nebraska and wouldn't make the same mistakes SP made. But, SP understoond Nebraska. If you have the 95 championship DVD set, you can see his smiling, jubilee face has the Huskers took the field to face Florida. He understood Nebraska just as well as anybody.

I agree with an earlier post. I personally hope that TO is our AD for many, many years to come. If you don't think he commands respect, you don't really have a clue on what is happening. TO is one of the most respected men in college sports.....nation-wide. I have traveled all over the USA and when you say Nebraska, many answer with "great move bringing TO back on board". I am assuming the OP is a young guy, with a "valid opinion" and "wrong observation".

I agree that Trev WILL be our next AD. He is doing his "internship" at UNO. Dr. Tom has made it obvious that he is not going to be around too long. He wanted to "right the ship", then he has stated he would step aside. I truly believe that he knows exactly when that time will be, and has had a hand in getting Trev the AD job at UNO, knowing that he will succeed him at UNL.