OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

• 3 months later...

It was a double miss. We lose Peat which would have made this guy a nice get. And from his perspective you would think walking on at Nebraska and earning the scholarship would have been more attractive. He would have received two years of scholarship and had a chance at a title with the Huskers and probably gave himself a better chance at the NFL. Don't forget that a degree from Nebraska would look better that NSD. Bummer how it all worked out. Wish he would reconsider and walk-on.

• 9 months later...

Dang! Imagine if he had that extra motivation playing for DONU. I can't wait to see him play.

Right before spring break and at the end of winter conditioning, SDSU football team members endured physical testing as the team capped preparations for spring drills. Shoff said he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.87 seconds and recorded a 32-inch vertical jump. At 6-6 and 320 pounds.

"I was pretty happy with that -- I hope the coaches were," Shoff said of his off-the-chart test marks. "That was kind of the talk of the football team for a little bit."

Really thought we should of offered him.

Agree.

The 2012 class was too small. If he graduated in 2011 or this year, he would have gotten an offer.

It "could" have been small - but it wasn't...because Peat chose Stanford. We ended up with something like 4 or 5 scholly's for walk-ons. There was plenty of space for this kid. I'll take a 320 pound athletic wrestler out of Nebraska most days. I understand the "wait and see" approach the staff took. But they should have offered towards the end.

• Fire 3