OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

I dont know if this has been posted yet, but I saw on Scout.com that Mike Shoff committed to SDSU. Nebraska boy who was one of maybe 3 Nebraska players that have even been rated by Scout.com with 3 stars. I'm sure that the coaching staff was hoping for Mike to walk on.

I am happy for Mike that he has a full scholarship to pay for his education and will have the chance to continue to play football at the next level.

I am a little disappointed in the staff for not taking a chance with this kid, and wanted to know how many others out there are that are upset or are fine with the staffs decision.

discuss

I've been one of the posters who feels that he isnt scholarship worthy and hoped he'd walk on and earn one. Having said that I can't blame a kid and his family one bit for taking the free education because I don't know his financial situation. Until he signs I don't think its over here, if we miss on VV and Curry he could still get an offer.

Did I dream this up or didn't we have a transfer from SD St. when we played them last year? Maybe Shoff will go up there for a year or two then work south if he shows he's up to the job....

Edit: Found it: LB Jim Ebke. Originally from Lincoln East via SD St.

Edited by Mavric

Mr. Shoff

If a scholarship is available at the end because something fell thru on NSD ... I'm still a fan who would love to offer this kid. To me, it's worth it and it's the dream of every Husker kid to get a shot to play for Nebraska.

The University of Nebraska would like to formally apologize to you and at this time offer you an opportunity to play OL for :bigredn:

Mr. Shoff

If a scholarship is available at the end because something fell thru on NSD ... I'm still a fan who would love to offer this kid. To me, it's worth it and it's the dream of every Husker kid to get a shot to play for Nebraska.

The University of Nebraska would like to formally apologize to you and at this time offer you an opportunity to play OL for :bigredn:

I'd rather give it to a guy on the team. I know there are at least 3 that will most likly get one for their hard work as a walk on.

Mr. Shoff

I'd rather give it to a guy on the team. I know there are at least 3 that will most likly get one for their hard work as a walk on.

Long, Choi, and who else? I don't disagree with you, just wondering who you had on your mind.