OL Mike Shoff

HuskerEric

This year in wrestling, he is undeafeated and has pinned EVERYONE, His longest match has been ONE minute and FOUR seconds. He has five or six wins in UNDER 10 seconds. Manchild on the mat. If he hadn't been penalized in overtime in the finals his freshman year, he'd be an undefeated four time champ.

His footwork is amazing as is his agility and quickness for his size,

Schoff is scholly worthy. I pray to Leodis Flowers his talents do not ended up wasted in Lawrence under Charlie Weightwatcher.

I don't have a clue about Husker wrestling or wrestling scholarships, so maybe this a dumb question, but if he's that good a wrestler is a wrestling scholarship not an option? He might make sense as a duel sport option. For all I know Nebraska may have canceled its wrestling program so please forgive me in advance.

If you're asking can he get a wrestling scholarship and it not count against the football numbers the answer is no. If he has an athletic scholarship in any sport and he plays football, he counts against the max number of scholarships for both sports.

Yeah that's what I was asking, thanks. I guess the NCAA is a little smarter than I thought.

This year in wrestling, he is undeafeated and has pinned EVERYONE, His longest match has been ONE minute and FOUR seconds. He has five or six wins in UNDER 10 seconds. Manchild on the mat. If he hadn't been penalized in overtime in the finals his freshman year, he'd be an undefeated four time champ.

His footwork is amazing as is his agility and quickness for his size,

Schoff is scholly worthy. I pray to Leodis Flowers his talents do not ended up wasted in Lawrence under Charlie Weightwatcher.

I don't have a clue about Husker wrestling or wrestling scholarships, so maybe this a dumb question, but if he's that good a wrestler is a wrestling scholarship not an option? He might make sense as a duel sport option. For all I know Nebraska may have canceled its wrestling program so please forgive me in advance.

He has said he will not wrestle in college. Originally it was thought that he may do both, which is why Iowa was an early favorite.

Shoff might be a project due to his focus on wrestling in HS and the time he lost to injury, but his measurables are so elite I think he's the sort of player you take and hope you can coach up. With the speed and agility he has for his size I would also switch him to d-line, where he could probably succeed a little more easily purely on his physical gifts and depth seems to still be more of an issue.

Wow, really? His measurables as a sophomore had scouts drooling. Okay, here are some numbers from rivals:

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 275

Press: 340

Squat: 420

40 Time: 5.1

Vertical: 30

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 280

Press: 420

Squat: 450

40 Time: 4.8

Vertical: 29

One of those is Mike Shoff, and the other is 5 star OT prospect Kyle Murphy, rivals' third ranked OT in the country. Can you guess which is which?

If Shoff was as good as his measurables claim then he would have more schools than just Iowa knocking down his door. We aren't dumb... there's a reason other schools aren't jumping on board either. If we were stupid then it would reflect in his offer list.

Bronson Marsh

If Shoff was as good as his measurables claim then he would have more schools than just Iowa knocking down his door. We aren't dumb... there's a reason other schools aren't jumping on board either. If we were stupid then it would reflect in his offer list.

His injury has a great deal to do with the amount of offers that he has received. I think he is well worth the gamble especially since we only have 11 kids committed to this class.