SIGNED ATH Daniel Davie

Kid was on Schick and Nick, and was pretty dang funny.

Will grades or qualifying be an issue? I hope not, we really need some guys in this class for the WR/DB positions.

When asked if Bo was a down-to-earth kind of guy, Davie said, "He used our bathroom, so that was pretty cool." Also, when asked if he was tempted to call NU and tell them he was having second thoughts and might need to negotiate, he responded, "Nah, I'm no Mr. Cam Newton."

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Kid was on Schick and Nick, and was pretty dang funny.

Will grades or qualifying be an issue? I hope not, we really need some guys in this class for the WR/DB positions.

When asked if Bo was a down-to-earth kind of guy, Davie said, "He used our bathroom, so that was pretty cool." Also, when asked if he was tempted to call NU and tell them he was having second thoughts and might need to negotiate, he responded, "Nah, I'm no Mr. Cam Newton."

Nice.

This made me laugh very hard.

I actually take back quite a bit of what I said about this kid in the beginning. After watching his highlights a little more it's clear this guy has flat out breakaway speed. I'm pretty excited to see what this kid can do in the coming years.

Yeah, dude can fly. Still a little raw, but could be a nifty player at WR given some time to develop.

• 2 months later...

So we know Charles Jackson has some work to do to get here, now does this pretty much confirm the other signee that I had heard needed to do some work to get here?

Ruh- Roh Raggy

Let's hope Daniel gets his stuff together academically. be a shame if he isn't able to defend his golds at the State Track meet. The guy is fun to watch when he runs.

• 2 weeks later...
There was no word on whether last year’s gold medalist in the 100 and 200 meters will be able to accept his NU scholarship. A Beatrice school official said Monday that federal student privacy rules preclude him from being specific about Davie’s academic status.

“He's coming to school every day and I think he's working hard to do his best,'' said Neal Randel, the school's athletic director. “Beyond that, I'm not able to detail where he's at.''

Davie missed the season's first two meets while recovering from surgery to repair a dislocated shoulder from football season. His absences since then have been for academic reasons. He cannot fulfill the Nebraska School Activities Association requirement of competing in 30 percent of his school's scheduled meets for postseason eligibility. LINK

Sounds to me like his scholie is circling the drain. For academic reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...