OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

Michael Rose might find himself a job on the staff before he evens plays a down...pretty unbelievable what he is doing! Quite the dedication and pride he is showing in his commitment to the Big Red! That's how you win conference championships and bigger things...the desire and effort to succeed and at the same time building relationships and coming together as team! Love what I hear! Cant wait till Saturday! GBR

I do remember a few years back that many of the verbal commits were good friends, then when the coaching went to hell they all jumped ship. I think Rippy, Mohler and Givens went to Colorado together, Gabbert and Hoch to Mizzou. I know we're not in the same situation here AT ALL with Rose. I'm exstatic we have him doing what he's doing. This is going to be a small, but GREAT class. It's great to have a recruit as a recruiter, unless you're sinking.

Off topic, looking back at that class, here's a few notables we lost: Trevor Robinson, Riley Reiff, Blaine Gabbert, Bryce Givens, Jonas Gray, Dan Hoch. If we had Robinson, Reiff and Hoch on our line, things could have been a lot different on offense. That year we brought in David Grant and Brandon Thompson as h.s. O-lineman.

I do remember a few years back that many of the verbal commits were good friends, then when the coaching went to hell they all jumped ship. I think Rippy, Mohler and Givens went to Colorado together, Gabbert and Hoch to Mizzou. I know we're not in the same situation here AT ALL with Rose. I'm exstatic we have him doing what he's doing. This is going to be a small, but GREAT class. It's great to have a recruit as a recruiter, unless you're sinking.

Off topic, looking back at that class, here's a few notables we lost: Trevor Robinson, Riley Reiff, Blaine Gabbert, Bryce Givens, Jonas Gray, Dan Hoch. If we had Robinson, Reiff and Hoch on our line, things could have been a lot different on offense. That year we brought in David Grant and Brandon Thompson as h.s. O-lineman.

We didn't technically bring in Grant per say. The kid never stepped foot on campus.

I was just reading a good article on it by Dirk C. this afternoon... in Husker Football section.

We didn't technically bring in Grant per say. The kid never stepped foot on campus.

I was just reading a good article on it by Dirk C. this afternoon... in Husker Football section.

True, but I think that reiterates the point. Grant wouldn't have been offered. He verballed in January after pelini came in. They just needed to fill the class.

Here's that article. It's a good read: http://www.omaha.com/article/20110908/BIGRED/709089760#chatelain-leaks-in-pipeline-callahan-s-folly

You wonder if Bryce had ended up here would he have still pissed his career away like he did. Jonas Gray would have been in the Niles Paul fan club amongst posters as he too has a mild case of fumblitis. I never figured Hoch would have turned into the player that he has, so mad props. And Trevor, oh what could have been for such a strong pushing daddy.

• 3 weeks later...

his tOSU visit might be an unofficial, with an official later.

many 'insiders' have speculated that we are way ahead with Peat2

I don't know if I would use the word "way". More like a leg up, becuase of Todd. Dennis Erickson is not helping the leg up one bit with ASU playing very well right now. Honestly the way ASU is playing now puts them very much in the picture. This MAY be heading to a two horse race. The best thing for NU right now is to keep winning. Winning will continue to breed success on the recruiting front.

I don't know if I would use the word "way". More like a leg up, becuase of Todd. Dennis Erickson is not helping the leg up one bit with ASU playing very well right now. Honestly the way ASU is playing now puts them very much in the picture. This MAY be heading to a two horse race. The best thing for NU right now is to keep winning. Winning will continue to breed success on the recruiting front.

I have a good feeling about this one. The coaches have had too much time in front of Peat's parents not to have had a huge impact on them. The Peat's trust us with their oldest son. I am going to say that they would feel comfortable with Andrus up here as well.

I have a good feeling about this one. The coaches have had too much time in front of Peat's parents not to have had a huge impact on them. The Peat's trust us with their oldest son. I am going to say that they would feel comfortable with Andrus up here as well.

And their youngest? :koolaid2:

And their youngest? :koolaid2:

Read my mind. :)

just sayin what the 'insiders' were reporting. A couple were saying that we are the clear front runner.

I heard he is, but it will be an unofficial visit. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

He was supposed to be an unofficial visitor this weekend, but I havnt heard for sure. He will be officially visiting for the Iowa game now.

• Mavric unlocked this topic