OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

I couldn't stomach him going to UT much more than FSU. Anyways, if AP is worried about the depth chart, if he would probably be the best tackle we have from a talent standpoint as soon as he steps in, so he'd get PT. I don't mean that as a slam to our current guys. But, I really hope our offense can move the ball and show consistency.

Great news. That's some stiff competition though. I would have felt better about it if Notre Dame was in his top 3. Wonder what what happened there. At any rate, glad we're still in it, come play with your brother Andrus!

So let me get this straight... Andrus has narrowed all his schools down to a final 3... Texas, Nebraska, & Florida State.

Let's look at each based on Andrus statement that he wants to play early at a place with a lot of O-Line history (NFL).

Texas's OL Roster looks like this...

5 - High School Freshmen

3 - Redshirt Freshmen

6 - Sophomores

2 - Juniors

2 - Seniors

3 - 2012 Commits

21 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Two 5*, Fifteen 4*, Four 3*)

Nebraska's OL Roster looks like this...

8 - High School Freshmen

3 - Redshirt Freshmen

9 - Sophomores

3 - Juniors

4 - Seniors

1 - 2012 Commits

28 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Eight 4*, Six 3*, Walk Ons)

Florida State's OL Roster looks like this...

6 - High School Freshmen

4 - Redshirt Freshmen

6 - Sophomores

3 - Juniors

4 - Seniors

2 - 2012 Commits

25 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Seven 4*, Fifteen 3*, Five 2*, One NR)

What are your thoughts on this? Does it tell anything?

What does tell something is how many of our OLinemen got picked up by NFL teams in the offseason... Keith Williams to the Steelers, Mike Smith to the Saints, DJ Jones to the Dolphins, Ricky Henry to the Bears. Out of our 23 graduating seniors... 15 of them got picked up by NFL teams, that's roughly 65% of our team going to the pros and 100% of our graduating offensive linemen going to the pros. It doesn't get much better than 100% Andrus.

So let me get this straight... Andrus has narrowed all his schools down to a final 3... Texas, Nebraska, & Florida State.

Let's look at each based on Andrus statement that he wants to play early at a place with a lot of O-Line history (NFL).

Texas's OL Roster looks like this...

5 - High School Freshmen

3 - Redshirt Freshmen

6 - Sophomores

2 - Juniors

2 - Seniors

3 - 2012 Commits

21 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Two 5*, Fifteen 4*, Four 3*)

Nebraska's OL Roster looks like this...

8 - High School Freshmen

3 - Redshirt Freshmen

9 - Sophomores

3 - Juniors

4 - Seniors

1 - 2012 Commits

28 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Eight 4*, Six 3*, Walk Ons)

Florida State's OL Roster looks like this...

6 - High School Freshmen

4 - Redshirt Freshmen

6 - Sophomores

3 - Juniors

4 - Seniors

2 - 2012 Commits

25 Total Offensive Linemen consisting of (Seven 4*, Fifteen 3*, Five 2*, One NR)

What are your thoughts on this? Does it tell anything?

What does tell something is how many of our OLinemen got picked up by NFL teams in the offseason... Keith Williams to the Steelers, Mike Smith to the Saints, DJ Jones to the Dolphins, Ricky Henry to the Bears. Out of our 23 graduating seniors... 15 of them got picked up by NFL teams, that's roughly 65% of our team going to the pros and 100% of our graduating offensive linemen going to the pros. It doesn't get much better than 100% Andrus.

email this to Ron Brown stat!!!

Maybe I'm not all that familiar with our OL situation, but... the article makes it sound like here he has no chance at early playing time. We have his brother AND the chance of playing early. I don't see what else he might want... My only concern is FSU.

we are not exactly stacked at OT, but we are in pretty good shape. sirles was decent for a RSFR last year, but probably won't even start this year. moore obviously looks like a player to be reckoned with. sterup is a good recruit on paper, and that's about it for our tackles that will be competing with andrus. given that, he'd have a great shot at playing time early in his career.

(either jake cotton or qvale could end up at tackle in the future, but it appears that cotton will be playing guard and qvale might not have quick enough feet for any spot in the new offense.)

Maybe I'm not all that familiar with our OL situation, but... the article makes it sound like here he has no chance at early playing time. We have his brother AND the chance of playing early. I don't see what else he might want... My only concern is FSU.

we are not exactly stacked at OT, but we are in pretty good shape. sirles was decent for a RSFR last year, but probably won't even start this year. moore obviously looks like a player to be reckoned with. sterup is a good recruit on paper, and that's about it for our tackles that will be competing with andrus. given that, he'd have a great shot at playing time early in his career.

(either jake cotton or qvale could end up at tackle in the future, but it appears that cotton will be playing guard and qvale might not have quick enough feet for any spot in the new offense.)

Precisely... If Andrus decides to come to Nebraska he will...

1) Immediately contribute to a 2 deep OT lineup.

2) Be with his brother.

3) Be apart of an offensive line group that graduated and placed 100% of it's seniors in the NFL last year.

4) Be apart of "The Pipeline".

5) Have 2 coaches, thus more instruction for quicker development.

6) I'm sure there's more.

I'm not so convinced about Sterup. Sure, on paper he looks good, but I watched him play last year, and he's not much except for brute strength. I don't know how far that will get him against B1G defenses that are going to be barreling down on him.

Pretty sure Cotton is staying at OT, thought I read a tidbit saying Moore would play at OG some during the Qvale to OT experiment. Maybe I am all hosed up though.

heard that about moore, though i expect he'll be at OT in 2012 either way after yoshi and marcel graduate. i'd guess moore and cotton will battle for the RG spot this season though.

i would hope that one or both can be ready to play RT as well, as neither marcel nor sirles (assuming he's the swing tackle) make me think durable and talented. sirles is young though, and who knows, maybe marcel will suddenly be healthy and live up to his potential.

Pretty sure Cotton is staying at OT, thought I read a tidbit saying Moore would play at OG some during the Qvale to OT experiment. Maybe I am all hosed up though.

heard that about moore, though i expect he'll be at OT in 2012 either way after yoshi and marcel graduate. i'd guess moore and cotton will battle for the RG spot this season though.

i would hope that one or both can be ready to play RT as well, as neither marcel nor sirles (assuming he's the swing tackle) make me think durable and talented. sirles is young though, and who knows, maybe marcel will suddenly be healthy and live up to his potential.

I heard Sirles is moving to RT, Marcel to RG, which would put Yoshi at LT. Of course that could be completely false for all I really know.

I did see Marcel at walmart the other day and it looks like he dropped quite a bit of weight, which would make sense if our guards will be pulling a lot.

I heard Sirles is moving to RT, Marcel to RG, which would put Yoshi at LT. Of course that could be completely false for all I really know.

I did see Marcel at walmart the other day and it looks like he dropped quite a bit of weight, which would make sense if our guards will be pulling a lot.

Where does that leave Qvale? Is he not progressing? They trying to get their 5 best linemen out on the field?

Where does that leave Qvale? Is he not progressing? They trying to get their 5 best linemen out on the field?

Yeah the idea moving Marcel to guard is to get our best 5 out there. Sounds like Qvale isn't athletic enough to play guard in the new offense. Which I thought was odd, because they were always talking up his athleticism during his recruiting. What with him being a star basketball player and all.

• Mavric unlocked this topic