Bob Stoops

I was just watching espn and they asked Stoops how he felt about not playing Nebraska the next two years unless we meet in the big 12 title game. All he had to say was that he was happy he didn't have to and that unless Texas does it too then he thinks it is fair competition. I know he doesn't want to lose games because we are good competition, but I wanted to hear something more about our rivalry. Apparently our rivalry doesn't matter enough to him. Sorry to hear that from the head coach of Oklahoma.

I agree that Texas has always been OU's number one rival, but after "The Game of the Century" back in 1971, the NU game was a close second. Each year this was the big game in the Big 8 -- it was always OU and NU and the little six. After Barry Switzer resigned and OU had that down-slide did the rivalry fell back.

No, I just don't like them...when you hear about how their fans think that their defense was better than ours regardless of stats its just naturally frustrating, or laughable...i'm not sure which yet. However I would just love to kick their butts year in and year out. Make an attempt at scheduling them every year please, cuz a switch in conferences it probably too unrealistic.

• Fire 1

if i may input my 2 cents here, i would say that the reason iowa fans annoy husker fans, is because they seem to believe that they deserve to be in the same conversation as the Huskers in regards to football prestige. that may be what causes some of the ire.

winner.jpg

Iowa's claims to fame:

1 National Title

1 Heisman Winner

61 Consensus All-Americans

11 Big Ten Titles

13-10-1 in Bowl Games

580-512-39 Overall Record (.530)

2 Maxwell Awards

2 Davey O'Brien Awards

1 Doak Walker Award

1 John Mackey Award

1 Lou Groza Award

3 Outland Trophies

• Fire 1

I was just watching espn and they asked Stoops how he felt about not playing Nebraska the next two years unless we meet in the big 12 title game. All he had to say was that he was happy he didn't have to and that unless Texas does it too then he thinks it is fair competition. I know he doesn't want to lose games because we are good competition, but I wanted to hear something more about our rivalry. Apparently our rivalry doesn't matter enough to him. Sorry to hear that from the head coach of Oklahoma.

Actually his quote was something like "I would be all for it, long as Texas had to play them to, ha ha..". I got the impression that he meant it a little more tounge and cheek than your giving him credit for.

IMO the worst part about losing an annual OU game was that the only school hurt by it was Nebraska. The fact that such a power player in the old Big 8 didn't hold on to such a historic annual match-up has been an embarrassing mistake for NU. One that should serve as an example for other schools and conferences now considering expansion just how important these rivalries are, how hard they need to fight to preserve them, and what it can cost a school when money and politics become more important than athletics and academics.

Iowa's claims to fame:

1 National Title

1 Heisman Winner

61 Consensus All-Americans

11 Big Ten Titles

13-10-1 in Bowl Games

580-512-39 Overall Record (.530)

2 Maxwell Awards

2 Davey O'Brien Awards

1 Doak Walker Award

1 John Mackey Award

1 Lou Groza Award

3 Outland Trophies

We've won as many bowl games as they've been in. I think that puts that prestige conversation to rest.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand....(flippin thread hijackers) ;)

The OU-NU rivalry is non-existent. Sure, it's nice to re-hash the memories of great games, great wins, and tough losses, but it doesn't really matter anymore because unless we meet in the Big 12 title game, beating the other in regular conference play doesn't really do much for us unless we get into tiebreaker situations.