BIG NEWS

I'm sure Nexus knows whats really going on. He's just stringing us along for his entertainment, having bunches grapes fed to him.

:laughpound

On a side note, IF we do end up in the Big 10, look at the bright side and think of the possibilities of playing against UT and OU in future bowl games? So not all is lost because there is a very good chance of that happening.

count me as someone that hopes youre right. Something is going to happen. And frankly the big 12 is behind the eight ball. Sec has clout and prestige. Big 10 has the network and eyeballs. I dont want nebraska left in the rubble of a scrambling conference. Its all about looking out for #1.

If this is true I am going to be pissed. I HATE the big 10.

you have to realize that its not really going to be the big 10 anymore. just adding a team with Nebraska's caliber improves the conference greatly. you have OSU, Penn St, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan. I think that more powerful than Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Okie State

agree 100% +1

:facepalm: As far as high caliber teams, I dont think the afternoon nap confrence has half of what th big 12 does. They pound on each other and get high into the rankings. Then they play a confrence with teams that know more than 2 passing plays and get schlacked. I.e. Ohio State...year, after year, after year.

• Fire 1

you have to realize that its not really going to be the big 10 anymore. just adding a team with Nebraska's caliber improves the conference greatly. you have OSU, Penn St, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan. I think that more powerful than Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Okie State

agree 100% +1

:facepalm: As far as high caliber teams, I dont think the afternoon nap confrence has half of what th big 12 does. They pound on each other and get high into the rankings. Then they play a confrence with teams that know more than 2 passing plays and get schlacked. I.e. Ohio State...year, after year, after year.

well that's not going to affect how good we are. you're saying the big ten keeps getting respect and good bowl bids even though they don't deserve them? that is true. so basically we're going to run through the conference every year and get respect for it. just because Ohio State can't win BCS games doesn't mean we wont be able to

agree 100% +1

LMFAO at Afternoon Nap Conference!!

You have to admit though, the addition of NU, and Pitt ads some big time traditional winning programs. Just by depth the conference will be better. Year in and year out the big 16 or whatever could have 6-9 teams ranked in the top 25.

There would be 52 national titles between 10 teams in that conference.

Michigan - 11

Pitt - 9

Ohio St. - 7

Minnesota - 6

Nebraska - 5

Illinois - 4

Michigan St. - 4

Penn St. - 4

Iowa - 1

Syracuse - 1

You have to admit though, the addition of NU, and Pitt ads some big time traditional winning programs. Just by depth the conference will be better. Year in and year out the big 16 or whatever could have 6-9 teams ranked in the top 25.

So, in this speculated conference we might get the chance to keep a FADSP team out of any type of championship...I like that.

There would be 52 national titles between 10 teams in that conference.

Michigan - 11

Pitt - 9

Ohio St. - 7

Minnesota - 6

Nebraska - 5

Illinois - 4

Michigan St. - 4

Penn St. - 4

Iowa - 1

Syracuse - 1

Well we have to throw out a couple of those . . . OSU claims 1970 and Michigan claims 1997 . . . but we all know those champions resided in Lincoln, NE.

If this does happen does anyone think that Bo's contract will get revised to not allow him to skip out to Ohio State since we'll be in the same conference? If this is going to happen I hope TO has thought out every scenario possible. This one decision will shape NU football for the rest of time pretty much. I'm also curious as to how this would change our approach on recruiting. Texas has so much talent and we have really good relationships there but I wonder if they will still want to come to NU if we don't play any games there. We also do a lot of recruiting from California and pretty much the only team in the big ten that did a good job of recruiting cali was Michigan when Carr was there, but not really a lot anymore.

• Fire 1

agree 100% +1

I guess Ohio State didn't beat up on Oregon this past year huh? or was just 1 breakdown away from beating Texas the year before. Just because Ohio State got beat up by a Florida and LSU team in consecutive national titles. Everyone says they don't deserve a shot. Get a clue people. Ohio State is the same Ohio State that took down the almighty Hurricanes in 2002. As far as I'm concerned they only got blown out in those title games by an SEC school. But isn't that kind of happening to everyone? Getting beat by the SEC powerhouse of that respective year? It really doesn't take much thought to really know what your saying, so just put a little bit of thought into it before going off on how Big10 has no merit in bowl games.

• Fire 2

agree 100% +1

I guess Ohio State didn't beat up on Oregon this past year huh? or was just 1 breakdown away from beating Texas the year before. Just because Ohio State got beat up by a Florida and LSU team in consecutive national titles. Everyone says they don't deserve a shot. Get a clue people. Ohio State is the same Ohio State that took down the almighty Hurricanes in 2002. As far as I'm concerned they only got blown out in those title games by an SEC school. But isn't that kind of happening to everyone? Getting beat by the SEC powerhouse of that respective year? It really doesn't take much thought to really know what your saying, so just put a little bit of thought into it before going off on how Big10 has no merit in bowl games.

this x500. the Big Ten may have more boring styles of play, but it isn't as bad as people say. i'm crossing my fingers for the change