BIG NEWS

Maybe somebody mentioned this, but I don't want to look through all of these replies. Clearly, there must be more than JUST Nebraska and Missouri being invited, right? But the OP's source only confirmed two?

It depends on the ultimate end game for the B10. A multi-stage announcement spanning the next several months could happen in order to try and get dominos to fall. If the ultimate goal is 16 and you want to give certain schools (Texas, ND) some political maneuvering room you go to 13 with the initial announcement. Obviously 13 isn't any better than 11 so you are signaling that you are in no way done. Now that the B12 is destabilized you can make a play for Texas and A&M to give Nebraska and Missouri some additional history (granted it might not be the history that you would prefer...) in the league. If Texas wants to finalize the expansion with 5 B12 teams you add Kansas and the 2 Texas schools and count on the 3 new national names (Texas and Nebraska in football and Kansas in bball) to boost the BTN. If Texas is OK with 4 B12 teams then you are at 15 and you give ND one last shot. If they say no you add Rutgers and are done. If Texas still isn't interested then you add Rutgers and either Syracuse or Pitt to go to 15 and still give ND their one last shot. In both cases if ND still says no then you add 1 of Kansas/Syracuse/Pitt and be done.

Maybe somebody mentioned this, but I don't want to look through all of these replies. Clearly, there must be more than JUST Nebraska and Missouri being invited, right? But the OP's source only confirmed two?

It depends on the ultimate end game for the B10. A multi-stage announcement spanning the next several months could happen in order to try and get dominos to fall. If the ultimate goal is 16 and you want to give certain schools (Texas, ND) some political maneuvering room you go to 13 with the initial announcement. Obviously 13 isn't any better than 11 so you are signaling that you are in no way done. Now that the B12 is destabilized you can make a play for Texas and A&M to give Nebraska and Missouri some additional history (granted it might not be the history that you would prefer...) in the league. If Texas wants to finalize the expansion with 5 B12 teams you add Kansas and the 2 Texas schools and count on the 3 new national names (Texas and Nebraska in football and Kansas in bball) to boost the BTN. If Texas is OK with 4 B12 teams then you are at 15 and you give ND one last shot. If they say no you add Rutgers and are done. If Texas still isn't interested then you add Rutgers and either Syracuse or Pitt to go to 15 and still give ND their one last shot. In both cases if ND still says no then you add 1 of Kansas/Syracuse/Pitt and be done.

Interesting scenario. To be honest, I always thought the if Texas went anywhere in a conference shake-up, it would be to the PAC 10.

Interesting scenario. To be honest, I always thought the if Texas went anywhere in a conference shake-up, it would be to the PAC 10.

I always figured they would 1) Join the SEC, or 2) form a new conference in which they are, once again, the King.

They could form the All Texas Conference and, with the other schools in Texas, lock-down all the homegrown talent. :sarcasm

I always figured they would 1) Join the SEC, or 2) form a new conference in which they are, once again, the King.

They could form the All Texas Conference and, with the other schools in Texas, lock-down all the homegrown talent. :sarcasm

They had that - it was called the SWC and it failed :woo

The problem with the SEC and Texas that I have been seeing is the academic issue. Texas sees itself as a major academic/research institution and at the administrative level probably wouldn't accept going to a conference where there were only 2 AAU members/research schools.

I have never talked about big 10 teams being overrated. I've always thought that conference was a power conference. I think the long delay between their last game and bowl game puts them out of the spotlight for too long. Every one then asks why OSU gets to be in the title game when they haven't done anything lately. And who cares about Northwestern and michigan state games....we play teams like ISU and baylor here. I think games against Michigan, ohio state, penn state would be a lot more exciting than texas, missouri, colorado....the only games I'll miss are OU and maybe some kansas games from a history standpoint.

I haven't heard much of anything about Kansas going to the Big 10. You think that's a possibility? (just curious, cause I have seen literally nothing about them)

I haven't heard much of anything about Kansas going to the Big 10. You think that's a possibility? (just curious, cause I have seen literally nothing about them)

If the B10 ends up with 3 B12 schools and none of them are from Texas then Kansas is the logical 3rd school to solidify the midwest and get a national basketball school. I would consider them to be an extreme long shot though (just a gut feeling from all the reading I have done on expansion)

Since TO has said that there has not been any contact between NU and the Big Ten I'm curious on how there is going to be an anouncemnet this week.

If I had to take a guess I would say that this discussion will be going on until Fall camp starts. And we wont hear anything from the Big Ten until after we win the Big 12 CCG this year.

Since TO has said that there has not been any contact between NU and the Big Ten I'm curious on how there is going to be an anouncemnet this week.

If I had to take a guess I would say that this discussion will be going on until Fall camp starts. And we wont hear anything from the Big Ten until after we win the Big 12 CCG this year.

T.O. is not guy that would jerk us the fans around on something like this. So when he says the Big Ten hasnt contacted the university, but if did he have to look into it, then i tend to believe it. It will atleast be the middle of football season before we hear anything,IMHO.

Other posters, who say they have a source, it better be something good. Until I see something on ESPN.com or any other legit website, Im not believing it.

T.O. is not guy that would jerk us the fans around on something like this. So when he says the Big Ten hasnt contacted the university, but if did he have to look into it, then i tend to believe it. It will atleast be the middle of football season before we hear anything,IMHO.

Other posters, who say they have a source, it better be something good. Until I see something on ESPN.com or any other legit website, Im not believing it.

that's what i was looking for. you only know what you can prove.

that's what i was looking for. you only know what you can prove.

Exactly!

I'm with those that prefer to stay in the the Big XII. BUT, change is coming whether we like it or not. I would rather see us move and solidy our position in the Big 10 than be left sorting out the mess left behind after the Big XII is raided.

No offense to the TC, but I just can't see any kind of announcement coming this soon. I would guess late summer at the earliest.