BIG NEWS

It depends on how much notice we want to give the Big 12. Assuming one year (that's the minimum), we could make the announcement on July 1, 2010, and start playing Big 10 conference games in Fall, 2011.

Im thinking its 2 or 3 years. But some of that could depend how longer the Big 12 wants us to be in the conference or how long the conference can stay a float. Assuming we see the domino effect, like what some are projecting to happen.

I just got a text from ESPN using the same WHB Radio source, FWIW.

Me too.

But, the old adage with reporting is that you need two confirmed sources to run with a story. Because at least three other news publications have taken the story, they will be going with it as well because now they're just reiterating what has been said.

I think the two year notice is more fiscally responsible. I believe that is the route we will take, if this all ends up being true. We give up less money with a two year notification.

I think that we would make more with the Big 10 contract, however, even after we lose part of our Big 12 conference share.

I think the two year notice is more fiscally responsible. I believe that is the route we will take, if this all ends up being true. We give up less money with a two year notification.

I think that we would make more with the Big 10 contract, however, even after we lose part of our Big 12 conference share.

In the long run, the money we lose from joining the Big 10 would be made up. But, would you rather lose 90% of revenue in one years or 50% spanned out over two years? And, considering we won't actually make money with the Big 10 contract until we join the conference, we don't want to put the athletic department in a hole like that.

It depends on how much notice we want to give the Big 12. Assuming one year (that's the minimum), we could make the announcement on July 1, 2010, and start playing Big 10 conference games in Fall, 2011.

Im thinking its 2 or 3 years. But some of that could depend how longer the Big 12 wants us to be in the conference or how long the conference can stay a float. Assuming we see the domino effect, like what some are projecting to happen.

Nope, we only have to give one year's notice. We'll lose 90% of our Big 12 revenue that year, but we'll recoup it in the next two years with the Big 10. Same goes for Missouri.

Nope, we only have to give one year's notice. We'll lose 90% of our Big 12 revenue that year, but we'll recoup it in the next two years with the Big 10. Same goes for Missouri.

Do we really only have to give a one year notice??? Doesnt the Big 12 have a right to kick us out. I remember thinking the Big East kicked out Boston College after the first year of their two year notice, but i could be wrong.

Just heard on College Football Live that the Big 10 has made "initial offers" to Nebraska, Missouri, Notre Dame, and Rutgers. I can't find a link for College Football Live for today on youtube or anything, but here's another link I found that is not related to College Football Live stating the same information.

link

Sounded like an official invite on College Football Live... Thoughts?

Do we really only have to give a one year notice??? Doesnt the Big 12 have a right to kick us out. I remember thinking the Big East kicked out Boston College after the first year of their two year notice, but i could be wrong.

I would presume they could kick us out, but why would they? We make the conference tons of money, especially if they're going to get 50% of our revenue back.

In the long run, the money we lose from joining the Big 10 would be made up. But, would you rather lose 90% of revenue in one years or 50% spanned out over two years? And, considering we won't actually make money with the Big 10 contract until we join the conference, we don't want to put the athletic department in a hole like that.

Whatever is fiscally responsible would be the best. I thought that after 1 year, it was 50% loss. And that 50% would be made up with Big 10 revenue, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Whatever is fiscally responsible would be the best. I thought that after 1 year, it was 50% loss. And that 50% would be made up with Big 10 revenue, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know, one year notification means you lose 90% of your revenue. Two years is only 50%.

I can't find the numbers, but I think the Big 12 is worth something like $10M/yr, while the Big 10 would be worth $20M/yr.

Giving one years notice costs us $9M so we make $1M net the first year in the Big 12, and $20M the second year in the Big 10. $21M total.

Giving two years notice costs us $5M each year, so we make $5M both years in the Big 12, for $10M total.

That's a no-brainer. Take the $4M shortfall in year one for the big payday in year 2, and make the jump ASAP.

The only reason you might not is if the Big 10 doesn't give us a full share right away. And if the terms are bad enough, you might not want to take it at all. Wait for the details, if there's really an offer coming at all.

• Fire 1