BIG NEWS

You really can't talk that much sh#t on the big 10 after last year. They had Ohio state and Iowa win bcs bowl games, the big 12 had nobody...

By beating Oregon and Georgia Tech?

Impressive.

Everyone on this board was circle-jerking over Georgia tech all year...

it was impressive. and penn st beat lsu. that is pretty good, and more than big 12 could say for itself. it seems like the big 10 could never impress you with a victory because whoever they beat you instantly dismiss as being bad by the very fact they lost to a big 10 team. look, i believe the big 10 is overrated just like everyone else, but that doesn't mean they aren't the 3rd best conference and it doesn't mean that when they get a quality win they don't deserve due credit. their top three did much better than our top three.

Competition wise, it's still about the fourth or fifth toughest conference.

Lately. Again, too often people ignore the cyclical nature of college football, where each new recruiting class or each coaching change brings with it a potential to falter. The fact is that three of the top seven teams with the most wins in college football history are from the Big 10 (Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State). This is a conference of teams with extremely stable bases. They are not immune to the fluctuations of victory and loss that all schools fall prey to, but they are less prone than most to stay down for long based on the huge fan bases, traditions and money they have.

Did you really think Nebraska would stay down very long when we sucked a few years ago? Of course not. You knew what kind of program we have, what kind of fan base we have, what kind of overwhelming support we have. You knew that we'd right the ship, most likely sooner rather than later.

Did you really think Oklahoma would stay down very long when they sucked after Switzer left?

Do you really think the football structures supporting the Big 10 schools will allow them to remain below the Pac-10 or the ACC? Really?

Yes really. Joining the Big 10 will have ZERO impact on NU's recruiting.

Zero impact? :laughpound:laughpound

We'd be getting most of our talent from the rust belt as opposed to Texas or in the case of PAC-12+4? the warmer climes of all year football out here.

It's true almost all teams go through cycles. But in addition to that, there's a large migration of people moving to Warmer climates and I don't see the Big-Televen area making a comeback other than the sacrificial lambs of OSU getting through unscathed only because the rest of the conference is too slow to get many of their players from the south...Or maybe because they're all having the same menstral cycle.

Sorry to be dragging my heels, but I've despised the Big-10 for so long..it's hard to do an about face with a smile just because there's money involved.

I feel like we're being forced into an aranged mariage with a really UGLY transvestite with a rich Dad and an ironclad pre-nup that doesn't allow us to play with any of our old friends anymore.

I didn't learn to hate our rivals yet...but at least I respected them.

With all do respect Its not like OU hasnt embarassed itsself on the national stage on multiple occasions.... I travel to SEC country all the time they are not singing big twelve praises.... You can talk about the rust belt all you want but truth is the mid west (Chicago, Indi, the three large cities in Ohio ect) have a large television market... I never understood the argument that towns in states like Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama ect have more appeal than the north.... EXPOSURE and money build recruiting you will have more of it over here... I didint realize Nebraska fans fell under the same delusions about the Big 14 that people in Lexington are under... come on man...I have a great amount of respect for NU, its fans, and tradition... I for one hope this happens

• Fire 1

Lately. Again, too often people ignore the cyclical nature of college football, where each new recruiting class or each coaching change brings with it a potential to falter. The fact is that three of the top seven teams with the most wins in college football history are from the Big 10 (Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State). This is a conference of teams with extremely stable bases. They are not immune to the fluctuations of victory and loss that all schools fall prey to, but they are less prone than most to stay down for long based on the huge fan bases, traditions and money they have.

Did you really think Nebraska would stay down very long when we sucked a few years ago? Of course not. You knew what kind of program we have, what kind of fan base we have, what kind of overwhelming support we have. You knew that we'd right the ship, most likely sooner rather than later.

Did you really think Oklahoma would stay down very long when they sucked after Switzer left?

Do you really think the football structures supporting the Big 10 schools will allow them to remain below the Pac-10 or the ACC? Really?

We'd be getting most of our talent from the rust belt as opposed to Texas or in the case of PAC-12+4? the warmer climes of all year football out here.

It's true almost all teams go through cycles. But in addition to that, there's a large migration of people moving to Warmer climates and I don't see the Big-Televen area making a comeback other than the sacrificial lambs of OSU getting through unscathed only because the rest of the conference is too slow to get many of their players from the south...Or maybe because they're all having the same menstral cycle.

Sorry to be dragging my heels, but I've despised the Big-10 for so long..it's hard to do an about face with a smile just because there's money involved.

I feel like we're being forced into an aranged mariage with a really UGLY transvestite with a rich Dad and an ironclad pre-nup that doesn't allow us to play with any of our old friends anymore.

Again - zero impact. Here let me point out the obvious and what will happen. NU will be so entrenched in TX that by the time NU makes the move the impact will be zero. Add the fact the kids we have from TX will continue to develop and help with recruiting the impact of th Big 10 move will be zero.

Before the Big 12 NU did better than really well in recruiting TX. To assume their recruiting success in TX will end because of a conference move is unarguably wrong.

Well..Since you branded it unarguably wrong, I'll try to convey my concerns in a whisper.

I believe more of our current Texans on the team wanted to get away from home, but still wanted their friends and family to be able to see them play at least one game a year at home.

Nebraska was a great compromise because they were guaranteed to have at least a couple of games each season in Oklahoma or Texass.

Zero impact? :laughpound :laughpound

With all do respect Its not like OU hasnt embarassed itsself on the national stage on multiple occasions.... I travel to SEC country all the time they are not singing big twelve praises.... You can talk about the rust belt all you want but truth is the mid west (Chicago, Indi, the three large cities in Ohio ect) have a large television market... I never understood the argument that towns in states like Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama ect have more appeal than the north.... EXPOSURE and money build recruiting you will have more of it over here... I didint realize Nebraska fans fell under the same delusions about the Big 14 that people in Lexington are under... come on man...I have a great amount of respect for NU, its fans, and tradition... I for one hope this happens

People tend to forget that these things are cyclical. Wasn't long ago OU was a non-factor in the 90s. Nebraska fell into a slumber in the 00s as well.

Don't worry though, if and when Nebraska becomes official in the Big Ten, the fans will sing the Big Ten's praises once they get acclimated in the conference. By then they'll downplay the Big 12 the same way they're downplaying the Big 10 right now. Homerism at its finest. Of course I'm speaking generally here, because not all Nebraska fans look at these things the same way.

i agree i think it will be a good thing... we recruit kids from the same plaeces we have worked so hard to.. but now have the TV explosure and what not..... including NY with Rutgers in the mix....

like i said this a golden chance... you know i'm all in favor of the tradition and what not but lets be real change is gonna happen and what good does tradition get you if you sit on your feet in the name of tradition while everyone else bolts at the chance we find our selves in.... i think Husker fans are purists but we need to be realists... its a good academicly, competition and will bring in lots of $$$... remember how bummed and pissed we were when mere months ago we thought we would be like ISU and left out in the cold with no where to go playing in a conference with teams like UTEP, Airforce WYoming or whomever... now this and we still bitch!?

we gots to realize we cant shoot ourselves in the foot... its not our doing.. its not ideal perhaps but hey atleast we are getting the call right?!!!

just REMEMBER: ITS SUCKS TO BE EVERYONE ELSE RIGHT?!

Again - zero impact. Here let me point out the obvious and what will happen. NU will be so entrenched in TX that by the time NU makes the move the impact will be zero. Add the fact the kids we have from TX will continue to develop and help with recruiting the impact of th Big 10 move will be zero.

Before the Big 12 NU did better than really well in recruiting TX. To assume their recruiting success in TX will end because of a conference move is unarguably wrong.

Well..Since you branded it unarguably wrong, I'll try to convey my concerns in a whisper.

I believe more of our current Texans on the team wanted to get away from home, but still wanted their friends and family to be able to see them play at least one game a year at home.

Nebraska was a great compromise because they were guaranteed to have at least a couple of games each season in Oklahoma or Texass.

Whisper it or yell it, you're still wrong with your opinion. To assume NU leaving the Big 12 will have a negative impact on recruiting to a level it will be noticeable is just unarguably wrong.

You really can't talk that much sh#t on the big 10 after last year. They had Ohio state and Iowa win bcs bowl games, the big 12 had nobody...

Impressive.

What? they were? why was i not informed?

but if we join the big 10 they can watch them on tv every game....

Impressive.

What? they were? why was i not informed?

Oh my God. That was funny.

I think that recruiting would cancel out. Before I was scared that we would lose a lot in Texas and the states down South but now im settled down. I think it helped us in the Northern states especially Ohio.

I think I read last year or the year before that Ohio was the fourth leading state for Div-1 talent, but if you could choose up sides, which would you rather have?

A group of Ohio all stars, or the second string of all stars from Texas, California, or Florida?

What, we're going to lose California and Florida recruits by leaving the Big 12 too? And are we not going to get any more from Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, or Indiana? And maybe New Jersey and New York if Rutgers and Syracuse join?

I think that recruiting would cancel out. Before I was scared that we would lose a lot in Texas and the states down South but now im settled down. I think it helped us in the Northern states especially Ohio.

I think I read last year or the year before that Ohio was the fourth leading state for Div-1 talent, but if you could choose up sides, which would you rather have?

A group of Ohio all stars, or the second string of all stars from Texas, California, or Florida?

What, we're going to lose California and Florida recruits by leaving the Big 12 too? And are we not going to get any more from Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, or Indiana? And maybe New Jersey and New York if Rutgers and Syracuse join?

Big Ten schools recruit from Florida just like everyone else..... (stay out of Ohio by the way).... If I could point out as a tOSU homer we have played three big 12 schools in bowl games not to mention a home and home series with Texas and an early season game against Texas Tech over the last decade... We did pretty well only losing two close ones with Texas and winning at Texas pretty big (beat k state Big twelve champs 03).... so from my perspective the talent level is not that much different.

Whisper it or yell it, you're still wrong with your opinion. To assume NU leaving the Big 12 will have a negative impact on recruiting to a level it will be noticeable is just unarguably wrong.

Ok so I've read enough already. Vince it never seems to amaze me how your "opinion" is the word of gospel and as soon as someone has an "opinion" that isn't the same as yours it is instantly "wrong". Little piece of advice.... Opinions are like a$$holes, Everyones got one and I hate to break it to you, but yours is no more important than anyone else that chooses to voice theirs!!!

• Fire 1

Ok so I've read enough already. Vince it never seems to amaze me how your "opinion" is the word of gospel and as soon as someone has an "opinion" that isn't the same as yours it is instantly "wrong". Little piece of advice.... Opinions are like a$$sholes, Everyones got one and I hate to break it to you, but yours is no more important than anyone else that chooses to voice theirs!!!

You've read enough already? :laughpound

When people speak in opinions without logic they are more wrong than right. I just point that out and post corrctly.

You've read enough already. :facepalm: Man that's rich :laughpound

Vince has a point that's being overlooked because of his reputation. We recruit in New Jersey and don't play games against Big East opponents. We recruit out of California and we don't play against the Pac-10. We recruit out of Florida and we don't play in the SEC.

This argument that if we go to the Big 10 that our Texas recruiting will dry up has no basis. Show me a region of this country where NEBRASKA can't recruit and I'll show you a region that has never heard of football.

Big Ten schools recruit from Florida just like everyone else..... (stay out of Ohio by the way).... If I could point out as a tOSU homer we have played three big 12 schools in bowl games not to mention a home and home series with Texas and an early season game against Texas Tech over the last decade... We did pretty well only losing two close ones with Texas and winning at Texas pretty big (beat k state Big twelve champs 03).... so from my perspective the talent level is not that much different.

BTW, welcome to HuskerBoard!

It's nice to get an outsider's perspective around here, so I hope you'll stick around.

I chuckled at your "stay out of Ohio by the way" comment. :lol: Good luck trying to stop Bo Pelini from dipping into the Ohio recruiting pipeline. That man is a beast. ;)