BIG NEWS

well apologies for at least half of my post being wrong. it was not announced last week, but for the record, i still stand by my source who says we are headed to the Big Ten, and as for a time slot, the above article from that radio station is what i'm going to base it off of. it says it will be announced no later than July. it's going to be a long summer

Does this kind of remind anyone else of the assassination preceding WWII?

The first shots have been fired, and now all hell is going to break loose as conferences begin scramble.

The question I have is what will the perception of Nebraska be if we are the ones that begin a total upheaval of college football (or are perceived that way by the general public)?

As soon as the denials start coming out, that's when you know it's the truth. Welcome to politics. A week ago I said that I was leaning towards the idea that Nebraska will end up in the Big 10; now I'm nearly certain. Things are starting to move and move fast.

Totally agree. I've always said I wouldn't get nervous about this move until the public denials started flowing. It's only a matter of time now. As good as the novelty of a new conference would be, I can't help but hope for something somewhere to break down.

As soon as the denials start coming out, that's when you know it's the truth. Welcome to politics. A week ago I said that I was leaning towards the idea that Nebraska will end up in the Big 10; now I'm nearly certain. Things are starting to move and move fast.

Totally agree. I've always said I wouldn't get nervous about this move until the public denials started flowing. It's only a matter of time now. As good as the novelty of a new conference would be, I can't help but hope for something somewhere to break down.

Why would you get nervous about NU moving to the Big 10? Compared to staying in the Big Texas Conference, it's the best move they can make and without question the best move for the university and the athletic department and all of the sthletic programs.

• Fire 2

Why would you get nervous about NU moving to the Big 10? Compared to staying in the Big Texas Conference, it's the best move they can make and without question the best move for the university and the athletic department and all of the sthletic programs.

I'm fine so long as we can preserve our rivalry with OU...and of course we have some unfinished business with UT. I have a lot of friends that went to Penn St and OSU, so that part would actually be kind of fun...to say nothing about how much EASIER it would be to see games. And of course it makes the most sense for the university as a whole in the big picture. I just want to make sure our rivalries are preserved.

I'm fine so long as we can preserve our rivalry with OU...and of course we have some unfinished business with UT. I have a lot of friends that went to Penn St and OSU, so that part would actually be kind of fun...to say nothing about how much EASIER it would be to see games. And of course it makes the most sense for the university as a whole in the big picture. I just want to make sure our rivalries are preserved.

At least we'd stand a good chance at playing OU and UT in bowl games.

Does this kind of remind anyone else of the assassination preceding WWII?

The first shots have been fired, and now all hell is going to break loose as conferences begin scramble.

The question I have is what will the perception of Nebraska be if we are the ones that begin a total upheaval of college football (or are perceived that way by the general public)?

Do you mean the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand that led to World War I?

FWWarchdukeMe.jpg

Who's the Archduke in this scenario? I vote Mack Brown.

The university's statement:

“We recognize the intense speculation about conference realignment and the possible impact it may have on Nebraska. Both Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Athletic Director Tom Osborne have indicated that the university would consider any opportunity that would advance the interests of the university.

“The University of Nebraska has not been offered any opportunity to move from the Big 12. We remain committed to the success of the Big 12 Conference. Until the Big 10 Conference makes and announces its decision on expansion, the University of Nebraska will have no further comment and we do not intend to continue to respond further to questions or speculations on this subject.''

To me this bold section is either poor word choice or carefully chosen words...and since it's a released statement and not some off-the-top-of-your-head comment I believe it is the latter....