BIG NEWS

The yearly OU game is a done deal. We need to move on from that.

Jayhawk, I cannot imagine Missouri and Kansas not playing every year. I have to believe that if Mizzou moves on to the Big 10 that they'll try to find a way to play every year. I'd love to keep Kansas as a yearly game for the Huskers, too. You all are good people, good opponents.

I would be surprised if we got to keep our yearly game with both schools though. I am sure the Mizzou game would go on, it would just matter a lot less. i would like to play the Huskers, but i don't know if he always would. It is not even for ceratin we would land with K-State, if we didn't, we would have to keep BOTH MU and K-State (that is a lot of non conf games to have to play each year) and that would amke it hard to play my men from lincoln :(

We will see, I not sure how this will all end up, and I wish it wasn't gonna end with KU being seperated from it's old confernece mates... But I am pretty sure that is how this story ends...

Jayhawk, I cannot imagine Missouri and Kansas not playing every year. I have to believe that if Mizzou moves on to the Big 10 that they'll try to find a way to play every year. I'd love to keep Kansas as a yearly game for the Huskers, too. You all are good people, good opponents.

I would be surprised if we got to keep our yearly game with both schools though. I am sure the Mizzou game would go on, it would just matter a lot less. i would like to play the Huskers, but i don't know if he always would. It is not even for ceratin we would land with K-State, if we didn't, we would have to keep BOTH MU and K-State (that is a lot of non conf games to have to play each year) and that would amke it hard to play my men from lincoln :(

We will see, I not sure how this will all end up, and I wish it wasn't gonna end with KU being seperated from it's old confernece mates... But I am pretty sure that is how this story ends...

Part of the blame can be attributed to the tiny population footprint the Big 12 has compared to other schools, and the economic realities that creates. However, the Big 12 has never been an equitable conference, and if it dissolves, I don't think there'll be too many tears.

i have read this thread pretty intently all day.. i havent been around much due to the school year ending.. but i will take time to say the following

1. sink of swim

2. you've got to do what you've got to do to survive

3. lets be happy Nebraska is EVEN being mention for what i preceive as a great blessing in long run and not ISU KU, KSU or others who might not end up in the mountain west PAC 10 or some other lame conference

4. the fans wont leave.. we will always support the team and looking at the pros and cons this has more pros in my opinon than cons

5. recruiting wont be hurt

6. the landscape is changing and we need to change with it or be left behind.. we are not texas or some other big school that command big deals or argue for this that and beyond...

7 GEt IN WHERE YOU FIT IT -tooshort

thatisall

How can you be so sure what T.O. would do as far as trying to schedule OU as an out of conference opponent every year to restore a rivalry? Just curious? I'd think there would be a push from boosters and fans to at least make an attempt to make that happen. Maybe you have more pull than we thought???

How can you be so sure what T.O. would do as far as trying to schedule OU as an out of conference opponent every year to restore a rivalry? Just curious? I'd think there would be a push from boosters and fans to at least make an attempt to make that happen. Maybe you have more pull than we thought???

OU does not want to play Texas and Nebraska every year, they will never agree to it

i think he is saying that it is just a pipe dream for some, it really is not very likely at all...

OU does not want to play Texas and Nebraska every year, they will never agree to it

There's your winner. OU announced this when the Big 12 was created.

They did for many, many years when Texas was in the SWC. I think it depends on whether both teams want their tough OOC game the same every year, or floating to allow for playing a Miami, Tennessee, USC, Va Tech, etc in a 2 or 4 game home and away for variety. Seems like not too many school schedule 2 OOC killers anymore though I'd love to see it myself.

The university's statement:

"We recognize the intense speculation about conference realignment and the possible impact it may have on Nebraska. Both Chancellor Harvey Perlman and Athletic Director Tom Osborne have indicated that the university would consider any opportunity that would advance the interests of the university.

"The University of Nebraska has not been offered any opportunity to move from the Big 12. We remain committed to the success of the Big 12 Conference. Until the Big 10 Conference makes and announces its decision on expansion, the University of Nebraska will have no further comment and we do not intend to continue to respond further to questions or speculations on this subject.''

To me this bold section is either poor word choice or carefully chosen words...and since it's a released statement and not some off-the-top-of-your-head comment I believe it is the latter....

Translation:

Per our non-disclosure clause with the Big Ten at the moment, we are not able to speak on this just yet.

"Until the Big 10 Conference makes and announces its decision on expansion" You don't have to read too deeply into that to see that NU apparently has already accepted the offer. She all but said that it's now up to them to make the decision(official announcement). I don't think it gets much more final than that.

Part of the blame can be attributed to the tiny population footprint the Big 12 has compared to other schools, and the economic realities that creates. However, the Big 12 has never been an equitable conference, and if it dissolves, I don't think there'll be too many tears.

I care more about being in the same conference as Mizzou and Nebraska, as we have been forever...

I care more about being in the same conference as Mizzou and Nebraska, as we have been forever...

I feel the same way about KU & OU, but we blew that when we handed the conference over to Texas. If the old Big 8 wasn't dead before, it sure is now.

I do not think Texas control is the biggest issue. It is failure to get a good TV deal. It is n't like Texas is making out like a bandit, my understanding is that they do not even make as much as the Bi 10 schools...