BIG NEWS

The Big News is that everything we post, hear, or credit to "inside sources" are just that.........SPECULATION. In otherwords...no one has a clue if Nebraska will enter the Big 10. This is getting just about as worse as the recruiting "inside information" BS.

Anything to make the off-season move along faster.

Vince has a point that's being overlooked because of his reputation. We recruit in New Jersey and don't play games against Big East opponents. We recruit out of California and we don't play against the Pac-10. We recruit out of Florida and we don't play in the SEC.

This argument that if we go to the Big 10 that our Texas recruiting will dry up has no basis. Show me a region of this country where NEBRASKA can't recruit and I'll show you a region that has never heard of football.

Please..

Not saying it will "dry up"...just be very different (have we even gotten anyone from jersey since the Peter bros)?

My guess is we'll be trading a dozen Texas guys for two half-dozen Ohio guys..er..I mean Any state outside of Ohio.

And Vince..I won't be all that shocked if you're mostly right..But when you start throwing absolute words around like "Always", "Never", or "Zero" I find it hard to believe your arguments.

I'm still wondering what effect that Butterfly I smashed my car into this morning will have on next year's recruiting.

Was that Butterfly from Texas??? If so, I think we are screwed with getting anymore Texas recruits!!! How could you kill that Texas Butterly.

The Big News is that everything we post, hear, or credit to "inside sources" are just that.........SPECULATION. In otherwords...no one has a clue if Nebraska will enter the Big 10. This is getting just about as worse as the recruiting "inside information" BS.

I don't know. I think where there is smoke, there is fire. Perlman's responses are just kindling the flames. This information is more reliable than a poster who claims that he/she has "inside information" from a "credible source". To me, the information reported by Joe Schad via ESPN radio 810 in Kansas City appears likely to have been leaked by a B10 official. I am very optimistic (hopeful) that this information is accurate. The reporter has his credibility at stake here.

I don't know. I think where there is smoke, there is fire. Perlman's responses are just kindling the flames. This information is more reliable than a poster who claims that he/she has "inside information" from a "credible source". To me, the information reported by Joe Schad via ESPN radio 810 in Kansas City appears likely to have been leaked by a B10 official. I am very optimistic (hopeful) that this information is accurate. The reporter has his credibility at stake here.

Sorry, but this reporter has little to no credibility to start with.

http://damnfooloftheweek.blogspot.com/2005/08/kevin-kietzman-of-sports-radio-810-whb.html

http://jocosob.blogspot.com/2007/08/jackass-of-day.html

http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2009/03/810-kevin-kietzman-rumor-put-to-rest.html

The best thing about these "reports" is the people you interact with on a daily basis and how they freak out and blow it way out of proportion. I've heard a few times already that the move is "a done deal" and it's "being reported everywhere." I've been giggling at my desk all morning. Now, I'm not saying that it couldn't be a done deal, but until someone in a position of authority (Jim Delany or whatev his name is) says something, I'll remain a little skeptical. The speculation is so fun though and definitely livening up the off-season.

It would suck so much if Nebraska and Mizzou went to the Big 10 and KU did not. KU / MU is a great rivalry, I hate them intensely. Nebraska and KU have been playing eah other every year for over 100 years straight. I have always loved college sports, but losing these great opponents (one classy, other hated, you figure out who is who) will be awful. I have basically written it off, you all are gone and Mizzou too. I hope I am wrong, but for about a week now I have come to the conclusion that the team I admire most and hate most from the opponents we face are both gone. If it is so, I will miss you all and best wishes. I don't wish Mizzou anything but thorns and bile, but I wish I had em around still, This sucks...

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Now the whole Turner Gill to KU thing makes sense. :lol:

leading such a dull life i've abandoned all forms of speculation and prefer to live in a world of fantasy.... its much more interesting and fun this way and i dont get as bored.....

if it happens it happens.. if not then we can all back to saying how crappy it would be to move conferences.....

but for now this whole talk is giving my mind something to play with.... even princess lea is showig up.......

I think that recruiting would cancel out. Before I was scared that we would lose a lot in Texas and the states down South but now im settled down. I think it helped us in the Northern states especially Ohio.

I think I read last year or the year before that Ohio was the fourth leading state for Div-1 talent, but if you could choose up sides, which would you rather have?

A group of Ohio all stars, or the second string of all stars from Texas, California, or Florida?

We recruited Texas heavily back in the old Big 8 days, and we still recruit CA and FLA now, and we rarely, if ever play there.

This MAY cut back on a recruit or two from Texas, but I doubt it has a huge disadvantage. And it adds NU exposure in NJ and the northeast, where we used to get great players.

I'm not defending this reporter, but citing blogs as "evidence" of anything isn't very credible in its own right.

Fine,

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-chiefs-labor-dispute-story-032509,0,7361945.story

Kietzman threw things into a tizzy when he claimed Ironworkers would go on strike, didn't happen.

http://www.kansascity.com/2009/05/19/1206870/heres-how-to-translate-bretts.html

George Brett and Jason Whitlock rip into Kietzman

I'm not defending this reporter, but citing blogs as "evidence" of anything isn't very credible in its own right.

Fine,

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-chiefs-labor-dispute-story-032509,0,7361945.story

Kietzman threw things into a tizzy when he claimed Ironworkers would go on strike, didn't happen.

http://www.kansascity.com/2009/05/19/1206870/heres-how-to-translate-bretts.html

George Brett and Jason Whitlock rip into Kietzman

Jason Whitlock is a giant pile of poo.