BIG NEWS

I still think Mizzou is gone, you boysare 90% likely gonna join em.

***sniff***

kansas will be fine with that basketball program; however, the football program may become even more irrelevant.

This could go either way for us. If we end up in conference with UT and A&M but wit a lot less nearby teams to cmpete for Texas talent, it my help us. Right now we share with lot of schools, it coul make us a little hige on some lists. Of course one never knows, if we end up in a Texas free conference, that hurts our recruiting...

Big Ten quashes latest expansion rumors

By RUSTY MILLER, AP Sports Writer Rusty Miller, Ap Sports Writer Tue May 11, 7:02 pm ETCOLUMBUS, Ohio Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany e-mailed conference officials Tuesday to stamp out a rumor that four schools had already been offered a chance to join the league.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith confirmed Tuesday that Delany had quashed a report that the Big Ten had offered expansion spots to Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Rutgers.

Asked if there was anything to that speculation, Smith said, "Nothing. There's no truth to it whatsoever. Actually, Jim sent us all an e-mail telling us there's no truth to that which we knew. There's no extensions of offers that have been made, so that's not true."

The conference is looking at expanding from its current 11 members so that it can extend the reach of its lucrative cable network and add a league championship game in football.

The Big Ten athletic directors will meet May 17-19 in downtown Chicago. They will be joined by faculty representatives, senior women's administrators and the head coaches in football and men's and women's basketball. But Smith said the meetings were routine and nothing would be decided in terms of expansion.

"This is our normal meetings, the ones we have every year," Smith said. "Jim (Delany) will probably give us an update on what the consultant has shared, and I don't even know if the consultant report is done. He'll give us an update and then move on doing what he's been doing. I think they meet with the (university) presidents in June or something like that. So the timeline hasn't changed, but there won't be any action next week."

Note that no one denied that offers would be made - just that they haven't been as of now.

Big Ten quashes latest expansion rumors

By RUSTY MILLER, AP Sports Writer Rusty Miller, Ap Sports Writer Tue May 11, 7:02 pm ETCOLUMBUS, Ohio Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany e-mailed conference officials Tuesday to stamp out a rumor that four schools had already been offered a chance to join the league.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith confirmed Tuesday that Delany had quashed a report that the Big Ten had offered expansion spots to Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Rutgers.

Asked if there was anything to that speculation, Smith said, "Nothing. There's no truth to it whatsoever. Actually, Jim sent us all an e-mail telling us there's no truth to that which we knew. There's no extensions of offers that have been made, so that's not true."

The conference is looking at expanding from its current 11 members so that it can extend the reach of its lucrative cable network and add a league championship game in football.

The Big Ten athletic directors will meet May 17-19 in downtown Chicago. They will be joined by faculty representatives, senior women's administrators and the head coaches in football and men's and women's basketball. But Smith said the meetings were routine and nothing would be decided in terms of expansion.

"This is our normal meetings, the ones we have every year," Smith said. "Jim (Delany) will probably give us an update on what the consultant has shared, and I don't even know if the consultant report is done. He'll give us an update and then move on doing what he's been doing. I think they meet with the (university) presidents in June or something like that. So the timeline hasn't changed, but there won't be any action next week."

Note that no one denied that offers would be made - just that they haven't been as of now.

No official offers.... That is different from asking what the answer would be were on to be made.... Doesn't matter, Mizzou is gone, you guys probably too. All the people are saying all the right things...

If we did join the big 10, what year would we officially be part of it?

Well they didn't bother to change it before so maybe they will just keep it the big 10. :dunno

The end of the World as we know it?

But, seeing as they're s'posed to be pretty good Colleges, They still have shown the inability to count past Ten without unzipping their pants...My Ex used to hate that joke.

My guess... we'll be called the Big Ten and fight it out for the rest of the order.

Either that or the "Double Secret Probation 16"

If we did join the big 10, what year would we officially be part of it?

I know we are in contract with the Big 12. The big 12 has a pretty stiff buy out clause. If we were to leave while contracted the fee is like 50-100% of tv revenues. I'm not sure when the contract expires but idealy we would leave without having to pay that fee.