Bo on Big 10 speculation

I'm going with a 95% chance NU goes to the B10. The Longhorns killing the B12 Network project and now working on their own TV network was the breaking point.

that is pretty egregious and selfish. very upsetting. either way UT makes a lot of money, but one way (the way that hurts everyone else) they make a ton more money.

The State of Texas has the population of 10% of the country. The rest of the Big 12 States NE, OK, KS, MO, IA, and CO out number Texas by about 1 million people. Now it is safe to say that NE with it 1.8 Million people probably has the highest number of State resident supporting its team. The rest of the states besides MO have more than one major program and all MO fan split between MO, KS, KU and NU. Lets assume that the loyalty within TX is split in sections. A fourth each to UT, A&M, split 1/4 between Texas Tech and Baylor, then divide the last 1/4 amongst the other D1 programs. (We all know Texas carries more than 1/4 in fans.)

It is no wonder the South gets everything they have more people complaining. Keep in mind they were unified during conference alignment. A good majority of the Big 8 would have loved nothing more than an NU demise and they voted for exactly that.

The State of Texas has the population of 10% of the country. The rest of the Big 12 States NE, OK, KS, MO, IA, and CO out number Texas by about 1 million people. Now it is safe to say that NE with it 1.8 Million people probably has the highest number of State resident supporting its team.

It's not just in-state residents that support the Huskers, though. There are a TON of Nebraska expats out there following the team from Hawaii to Maine. You can't just use in-state numbers for these calculations, which is why I've been on-again, off-again searching for game-by-game ratings.... and having little luck finding them.

The State of Texas has the population of 10% of the country. The rest of the Big 12 States NE, OK, KS, MO, IA, and CO out number Texas by about 1 million people. Now it is safe to say that NE with it 1.8 Million people probably has the highest number of State resident supporting its team.

It's not just in-state residents that support the Huskers, though. There are a TON of Nebraska expats out there following the team from Hawaii to Maine. You can't just use in-state numbers for these calculations, which is why I've been on-again, off-again searching for game-by-game ratings.... and having little luck finding them.

Right on, brotha.

I think we are of interst, but I do not believe the national numbers are what they are concerned about, unless most live in the Big 10 network footprint. 1.8 million TV's will not tune in. The number will be far less but still a good percentage of the state is my guess.

We have to hope they take Nebraska because of our Name and the ability to pursue advertisers because of us. Bringing more credibility to the network.

Missouri brings two major markets to the fore front. Nebraska brings nothing in comparisson for actual numbers.

Missouri does not bring the Name clout that we do. If they take only one, I doubt it would be Nebraska, if they go to 16 then I think we are in the mix. I think Missouri would have a chance with one, but Pitt would most likely bring a larger market and fan base.

We have to hope they make the super conference, both of us is my guess.

I think we are of interst, but I do not believe the national numbers are what they are concerned about, unless most live in the Big 10 network footprint. 1.8 million TV's will not tune in. The number will be far less but still a good percentage of the state is my guess.

We have to hope they take Nebraska because of our Name and the ability to pursue advertisers because of us. Bringing more credibility to the network.

Missouri brings two major markets to the fore front. Nebraska brings nothing in comparisson for actual numbers.

Missouri does not bring the Name clout that we do. If they take only one, I doubt it would be Nebraska, if they go to 16 then I think we are in the mix. I think Missouri would have a chance with one, but Pitt would most likely bring a larger market and fan base.

We have to hope they make the super conference, both of us is my guess.

Notre Dame and Pittsburgh are a little tough to gauge because they don't add any new television markets. LINK

vylaj9.jpg

bigten-1gif-cafc3a6ce509bd0a.gif

Hey Rawhide!!

I would think they recruit for the same kids already. Would make it even more of a rivalry game it would seem.

Pitt draws well on TV as I read it, but some of the numbers make little sense to me. Not a math or a graph wiz for sure.

Notre Dame is who they want, but they keep saying no. This is a lot of money, and there isn't much that Notre Dame likes more.

I am beginning to think it would be a great move for Nebraska in pretty much every way. I would hate to lose the match up with Texas, now that we seem to be turning the corner. I would like to even that score so to speak, but we have a few with Penn State that would happen to make up for it.

Rutgers would be the one I would think they would pick if it was just one, after looking at it a little closer, a lot of money generated and not really a threat to disrupt the power cycle. Nebraska could be looked on by the admin types as tipping over the apple cart, and do they want someone from the outside to do that. Who knows.

vylaj9.jpg

bigten-1gif-cafc3a6ce509bd0a.gif

Looking at the numbers alone, Kansas looks to be on par with Mizzou...except Kansas brings a pretty good basketball team. They are an AAU member as well, other than that I have no idea how their academics shape up.

Just thought it was interesting is all.

If you had to shoot a percentage right now on the odds of ending up in the Big 10, what would the number be??

Just curious ..

I'll bite.

70/30

I'd say 12-13 (sound familiar?)

:lol:

Wouldn't have anything to do with :01 would it?