Bo on Big 10 speculation

well, more people in an area means more viewers right? NOT...you canNOT tell me that Rutgers, et al. has a better following thatn N. We sell out Memorial since 60s, God bless Her, and have a higher TV rating over 9 games than anyone on that list yet 'lack' the graduates, population, major market source, lowest Forbes listing, etc.

This arguement gets more lame and more lame...nothing happening this year fo' sho' and probly not for a few years. if the B10 has the Scrotum to sign us, it just means they know they need a Top 3 Team to boost their pathetic conference.

NU on the rise, people need us, We need only ourselves

well, more people in an area means more viewers right? NOT...you canNOT tell me that Rutgers, et al. has a better following thatn N. We sell out Memorial since 60s, God bless Her, and have a higher TV rating over 9 games than anyone on that list yet 'lack' the graduates, population, major market source, lowest Forbes listing, etc.

This arguement gets more lame and more lame...nothing happening this year fo' sho' and probly not for a few years. if the B10 has the Scrotum to sign us, it just means they know they need a Top 3 Team to boost their pathetic conference.

NU on the rise, people need us, We need only ourselves

I'm somewhere between where you and Fro are. I don't agree that we're an island that can stay competitive on our own, and I don't agree that the Big 10 "needs" us, any more than they need any other school like us, such as Notre Dame or Oklahoma or Texas. We bring a LOT to the table, but there are several candidates out there who bring what we bring.

I wouldn't get too worked up over this anytime soon. Like you said, nothing's happening for a year or more, so a lot of this is base speculation.

Husker Sports Nightly played a clip of an interview with Bo Pelini that took place after this article was done. In the interview, Bo said quite a bit about being proactive and the importance of not putting yourself in a position to be left behind if something does happen. Just kind of an interesting interview I think, because that kind of leads me to believe that Nebraska is very interested in making sure they are part of any future equation.

• Fire 1

Husker Sports Nightly played a clip of an interview with Bo Pelini that took place after this article was done. In the interview, Bo said quite a bit about being proactive and the importance of not putting yourself in a position to be left behind if something does happen. Just kind of an interesting interview I think, because that kind of leads me to believe that Nebraska is very interested in making sure they are part of any future equation.

That does sound interesting. Id there a link?

I think it's about a 50/50 chance the Big 10 makes us an offer. It's about a 90/10 chance we accept, assuming they don't low ball us with a smaller cut for the first X years or something like that.

Is there an exit penalty if we left the Big 12?

50% of revenue over 2 years or 90% over 1 year. So less than the extra amount that would be made in the first year in the Big 10.

That does sound interesting. Id there a link?

Unfortunately, I have had no luck finding one. I know it was a personal interview between Lane Grindle and Bo. However, all I know about it is the one sound byte.

I think it's about a 50/50 chance the Big 10 makes us an offer. It's about a 90/10 chance we accept, assuming they don't low ball us with a smaller cut for the first X years or something like that.

50% of revenue over 2 years or 90% over 1 year. So less than the extra amount that would be made in the first year in the Big 10.

Interesting that there's no penalty is NU just up and leaves with no warning.

Huh?

Huh?

The way I read the rules is that if NU declares we are leaving in 2 years we lose 50% of the B12 conference earnings over those 2 years, if we are leaving in 1 year we lose 90% of conference earnings that year, but if we simply up and leave between seasons we don't lose anything because there will be no conference earnings to take away.

Huh?

The way I read the rules is that if NU declares we are leaving in 2 years we lose 50% of the B12 conference earnings over those 2 years, if we are leaving in 1 year we lose 90% of conference earnings that year, but if we simply up and leave between seasons we don't lose anything because there will be no conference earnings to take away.

Minimum 1 year notice. I believe the notification date is July 1.

Huh?

Minimum 1 year notice. I believe the notification date is July 1.

Yep.

You need to inform the Big 12 of your decision early. They won't allow you to just up and leave, RedDenver.