The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

That damn Steam sale through the last week and a half has not only caused me to buy six games, but also play a lot more. But, that's why I love having a PC as my go to gaming system.

In the last couple weeks I've played/beaten Thief and played/beaten Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I had a lot of fun playing both. Enjoyed Blacklist a bit more, but, I do think the game lacked a little creativity with some of the levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Kick ass man let us know!

I bought that same bundle, yet out of my 4 Wii U games, NSMBU was the last one that I beat. Actually just finished it last night. It's really good. Classic Mario. Not groundbreaking though really.

Thanks Tschu!

I messed around with NSMBU for a bit, beat the first world, and then did some 50cc Mushroom Cup action with MK8. Good stuff...but what's funny is that I didn't even bother using the TV--just used the screen for the most part. Going to try ZombiU and Zelda WW tonight, and I picked up Pikmin 3 for my MK8 freebie.

On a related note, thank god I didn't do the Wii until just this past year and only picked up a few retro SNES titles from the store--their transfer process was a pain in the motherf*****g ass. Cute use of Pikmin...but still a pain. And the whole Wii Backwards compatibility with WiiU...is clumsy at best.

Regardless, I like it, and I'll probably like it more when the WiiU and Wii controller comes in the mail today--then I can retire the WiiMote to the Wii and only use that thing for playing GCN games in Progressive Scan mode.

MK8 is insanely good. I also got Pikmin 3 for my freebie, and keep forgetting that I have it. I need to finish it. Not much for a few months it sounds like in the way of games, just a waiting game for Smash and Zelda now.

Another game that I hear is real good: Shovel Knight, digital download only. 2-D sidescroller straight out of the NES days. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point. Oh, and Rayman Legends too.

MK8 is insanely good. I also got Pikmin 3 for my freebie, and keep forgetting that I have it. I need to finish it. Not much for a few months it sounds like in the way of games, just a waiting game for Smash and Zelda now.

Another game that I hear is real good: Shovel Knight, digital download only. 2-D sidescroller straight out of the NES days. I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point. Oh, and Rayman Legends too.

Thanks. I think I'm going to splurge on the NES Remix games, since they're exclusives. Probably will save Shovel Knight for Steam, so I can keep it for more than one console cycle.

I was practicing GH2 tonight, but then I started making margaritas. So practice turned unproductive real quick

I'm trying to find that game that I can be competitive at again. Back in the day it was GH2 - me and a buddy are 8th in the world at Co-op. It's f'ing legit. I might try speedrunning 70star in SM64, or trying for times in MK8 or Double Dash. Online play generall doesn't interest me.

Splitting my time between three games here lately. Wildstar, Mount and Blade, and Divinity:Original Sin. I would recommend all of them, assuming you are into the genre of each game

Having spent quite a few hours in Divinity: Original Sin, I very highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of RPGs. If you have fond memories of Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment, or The Temple of Elemental Evil, it will stir very good memories.

Marvel Heroes 2015 is a pretty great ARPG. It's free to download and play. If you tried it on release and hated it, you should give it another try.

is that the micro transaction one where you pay to play different heroes?

You get to choose a hero to start with and earn splinters as you play to be able to buy more.

I played the beta and the first week of it, and was way less than impressed...