The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I just finished Dragon Age II. This game definitely has its flaws, but it is better than Origins, in my opinion. The combat system took a huge departure from the first game, which was your traditional MMO-style point and click attack style, to a fast paced, action based system. It came out a few years ago, but the visuals are still up to par for games that have come out since then. My only complain about DA:II is that the setting is a bit bland and repetitive, but not so much so that it takes you out of the game.

Just scored a new WiiU Mario bundle for $250--figured I needed to get my kiddo their first console, and it doesn't hurt that Mario Kart 8 looks like all sorts of fun and comes with another free game.

Now to get a WiiMote and classic controller for cheap, and I'm set.

On the continuing journey though my games backlog, I started playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within a couple days ago. Very good strategy game, but it does unfortunately require the standard 'go read up on mechanics online' aspect that most strategy games seem to require.

Just scored a new WiiU Mario bundle for $250--figured I needed to get my kiddo their first console, and it doesn't hurt that Mario Kart 8 looks like all sorts of fun and comes with another free game.

:thumbs:

If you're at all a fan of platformers you must get DK Tropical Freeze. Best game I've played in awhile. If not, ignore this post :D

If you're at all a fan of platformers you must get DK Tropical Freeze. Best game I've played in awhile. If not, ignore this post :D

I am, and I will. :) Just already got too many other games--picked up ZombiU for $10 on Amazon, and when Mario Kart 8 comes out, I'll probably use it to get Zelda WWHD...

...and play through a game I beat a decade ago. :-| SMH

Old school. Downloaded and got Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga running a few days ago. Childlike nostalgia FTW!

If you've never heard of it, basically AoE with Star Wars units and locales. Uses same engine.

How was this game so easy as a kid?? I must've cheated a LOT!!! Getting roughed up by the AI on moderate difficulty...

I am, and I will. :) Just already got too many other games--picked up ZombiU for $10 on Amazon, and when Mario Kart 8 comes out, I'll probably use it to get Zelda WWHD...

...and play through a game I beat a decade ago. :-| SMH

Well, the Wii U for $250 didn't happen. Buy.com (Rakuten.com now) screwed up my order and cancelled it without really telling me why. First world problems, I know...but I was really looking forward to getting my kiddo their first console (and playing it myself).

Oh well, I guess I'll just bite on the Mario Kart 8 Bundle this summer then. Maybe wait until mid-July to see if the price drops to $300 on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing some WildStar and some Europa Universalis 4 lately.

Its also the Steam summer sale, good time to grab PC games on the cheap if anyone is bargain shopping.

Yup, they had all three Batman games, including full DLC, for $20 yesterday.