The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

The Elder Scrolls Online. Pre-ordered the Imperial Edition to get 5 days early access, and other perks. So far...so good. One of the best MMO launches I can remember with regards to minimal bugs/issues.

So far, is the game worth the price of admission?

So far..yes. It helps having 10 people in a guild that Ive played with before in other games.

Reaper of Souls for D3 has revitalized the game. Much more enjoyable now with RoS and the major overhauls that came just before/along with it. And the RoS content (Act V) is far, far better than all of the previous content combined.

I totally agree. The loot overhaul and continual level scaling alone make it such a better game. I like the crusader class a lot too. I have yet to see how it handles lv 70 content yet, and if it suffers from some of the issues the other melee classes do.

Looks fun.

Apparently they're already working on the sequel and promising local and online co-op.

Have you started playing yet? What do you think?

I like. Lots of good ideas, game is fun. Like how they do mapping, too.

Now, if I could just get time to play...

Reaper of Souls for D3 has revitalized the game. Much more enjoyable now with RoS and the major overhauls that came just before/along with it. And the RoS content (Act V) is far, far better than all of the previous content combined.

I totally agree. The loot overhaul and continual level scaling alone make it such a better game. I like the crusader class a lot too. I have yet to see how it handles lv 70 content yet, and if it suffers from some of the issues the other melee classes do.

Just hit 40 on my Crusader, I'm in my first play through of the new act (just got to Pandemonium. I played D3 for about a week when it came out. RoP fixed what made me stop playing.

Just hit 40 on my Crusader, I'm in my first play through of the new act (just got to Pandemonium. I played D3 for about a week when it came out. RoP fixed what made me stop playing.

Hit 70 on my crusader over the weekend, and the class really feels like it needs a little fine tuning. While its not a pure melee (and thus does not receive the -30% damage mod the Barb and Monk get) you have to spend a lot of time up close, and can feel a little squishy. And the damage seems a little light, or at least inefficient. Tweaking some percentages, cooldown timers or wrath costs would really work well. Some of it might be a gear issue, but that would only stick it as a more gear dependent class than the others. For reference, I do have a 70 Monk, a 70 Wiz, and a 68 Demon Hunter along with a mid 40s Barb.

You can only begin to compare them if your damage, toughness, and healing numbers are roughly equal between classes at the same level. And even then, it's sketchy because having an ineffecient skill build will hurt even good numbers. How close are your numbers on the classes that are at lvl 70?

The ratings are fairly close together, and I did run all to 70 recently, so some is more or less anecdotal. Of the 3 70's, the Crusader has a slight lead in the damage rating(186k, Wiz is very close 180k, monk is just under 160k) but is dead last in how long it actually takes to kill things. And the Crusader is in the middle on Toughness, (4.8mill, 6.6mill on the Wiz and 2.6mill on the Monk) The Wiz is the only one who feels really solid on Torment 1, as the monk is a bit squishy yet, and the Crusader cant kill anything quickly.