The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Right with ya walksalone, got talked into buying WWE '12 at gamestop the other day, told the kid that I haven't played a wrestling game since I had a 64 but I will admit once I got the hang of it, it is a pretty fun game to play.

I am a PS3 newb still, so if anyone has any good suggestions for game shoot me a PM, just finished Batman Arkham Asylum, that game was amazing.

If you have been out of the game loop in general, Mass Effect 2. The PS3 version is $20, and sooo worth it.

thanks! will have to check that one out, got Arkham Asylum for $20 also and was worth every penny.

always wondered, how is that?

Definitely worth a look, walks. Red Dead is a great game.

1st person shooter?

3rd person. Similar structure as GTA.

The difference for me is that the story and gameplay blow any GTA away. Not as fun to just dick around on Red Dead Redemption as it is on GTA though.

ok, appreciate the explanation

I haven't played GTA in forever, more of a PC guy now.

FYI, any PC folks that miss GTA, try "APB reloaded", Might be one of the more fun free MMO's i've come across...

IKNORITE

To be fair, I've been clean for over a year. One of my friends just started playing again and I'm doing my best to not reinstall to dink around with him.

I was clean for about two to three years before I started up again last summer. Didn't have a lot of time in the fall, and don't have a lot of time now, either.

I will say this about WoW - for those of you who have never played it, I wouldn't judge. Although it has a bad rep among people 'above that sort of thing', it's truly one of the best overall games I've ever played. And, if you think about it, the most cost effective. I can spend $60 every month or two on a brand new game, or I can spend $15 a month for WoW. In the end, I spend the same amount of money in four months that some spend on one game every month.

Furthermore, with the annual pass, I have FREE (say again...FREE) access to the real reason we're all on this Earth - Diablo 3.

IKNORITE

To be fair, I've been clean for over a year. One of my friends just started playing again and I'm doing my best to not reinstall to dink around with him.

I was clean for about two to three years before I started up again last summer. Didn't have a lot of time in the fall, and don't have a lot of time now, either.

I will say this about WoW - for those of you who have never played it, I wouldn't judge. Although it has a bad rep among people 'above that sort of thing', it's truly one of the best overall games I've ever played. And, if you think about it, the most cost effective. I can spend $60 every month or two on a brand new game, or I can spend $15 a month for WoW. In the end, I spend the same amount of money in four months that some spend on one game every month.

Furthermore, with the annual pass, I have FREE (say again...FREE) access to the real reason we're all on this Earth - Diablo 3.

I've been WoW free for a year now....

IKNORITE

If Blizz ever decides to release Diablo 3.. It got pushed back again.

CoD, CoD, and more CoD. I think RPGs are pretty fun, and have absolutely gotten more than my money's worth out of Paper Mario from back in the day. Old school game but really good one, even if it looks childish. I even played Runescape for a while... However, I have a bit of an addictive personality. That, coupled with the fact that I'm studying pre-med at school right now, tells me it probably wouldn't bode well for me to start up an RPG right now. CoD is easy to pick up and play and I can play with my roommates-- It's not the best out there by any stretch but keeps me entertained. Trying to get the gold camo for the Striker right now.

May bust out Resident Evil 5 and try to play through that on the Xbox soon. I saw a promo for the upcoming RE6 on Dashboard the other day and thought I should probably finish the 5th one. I don't know what it is, I just have a hard time getting into the newer RE's. They play a lot differently from the old ones.

IKNORITE

If Blizz ever decides to release Diablo 3.. It got pushed back again.

I'd rather them release an excellent game than release a game broken from the start that desperately cries for immediate patching.

That said, they're way beyond the point of screwing up, now. They have a lot of pressure on them because of the countless push backs.

I'd rather them release an excellent game than release a game broken from the start that desperately cries for immediate patching.

That said, they're way beyond the point of screwing up, now. They have a lot of pressure on them because of the countless push backs.

Also, didn't Blizz announce their intentions for creating the "next big MMO" about a year or so ago

Also, didn't Blizz announce their intentions for creating the "next big MMO" about a year or so ago

Blizz's next MMO is code named 'Titan' and that is as much as anyone knows. Its no secret they were hiring a bunch of people last year for development.