Beebe to give big 12 members with one foot out the door an ultimatum.

I wonder how much it would cost the Big 10 for the naming rights for the Big 16? Obviously there won't be a need for the current Big 12 to have those names anyway.

I don't see the Big 10 changing its name any time soon. Even if they ended up with 16 teams, I don't think they will change the name.

I think that the Big 12 copyrighted the names to the Big 14 and Big 16 when it was founded.

This was discussed here a few days ago and I thought the same thing....empty threat. It would appear that it took Nebraska's name being thrown into the mix for him to act...you'd think with all the trouble TO is causing with his lone negative vote on issues he'd want us to leave...except he can't afford it...I hope the big 12 dies like the old SWC. Texas and their power is destroying every conference it touches. Let em fight with Florida, bama and the rest of the SEC....I think a better fit for texas is the pac 10. The pac 10 will be the weaker of the 3 (SEC, Big ??, Pac 10) so they'll sell their soul to bring in the conference destroyers...

This was discussed here a few days ago and I thought the same thing....empty threat. It would appear that it took Nebraska's name being thrown into the mix for him to act...you'd think with all the trouble TO is causing with his lone negative vote on issues he'd want us to leave...except he can't afford it...I hope the big 12 dies like the old SWC. Texas and their power is destroying every conference it touches. Let em fight with Florida, bama and the rest of the SEC....I think a better fit for texas is the pac 10. The pac 10 will be the weaker of the 3 (SEC, Big ??, Pac 10) so they'll sell their soul to bring in the conference destroyers...

die like the old swc, the big 12 south is going to turn into the old swc. i could see the big 12 picking up the likes of utep, houston, and tcu and okie lite and ou going to the north, if neb and mizzou leave. that is if the big 12 survives. i would also love to see ut in the sec, watch them become a team competing for third place every year.

Here's a quick question. If Nebraska and Mizzou go to the Big 10 and Texas and A&M go to the SEC like some have suggested, what happens to OU? I haven't heard anything about them with regards to where they might go.

i hear ou and ut would go to the sec. mizzou, nu, and cu would leave, and the big 12 would be in shambles, on level with conference USA, picking up some texas schools.

Here's a quick question. If Nebraska and Mizzou go to the Big 10 and Texas and A&M go to the SEC like some have suggested, what happens to OU? I haven't heard anything about them with regards to where they might go.

i hear ou and ut would go to the sec. mizzou, nu, and cu would leave, and the big 12 would be in shambles, on level with conference USA, picking up some texas schools.

I've hear OU and OSU to the SEC and UT and A&M to the Pac 10, where UT can try to throw its weight around more than it could in the SEC. FWIW

...I think we need to have a very frank conversation about where we’re going and who’s going to be on the plane when we take off.”

FIFY, Beebes:

...This plane is a'crashin, and I think we need to have a very frank conversation about who’s going to be on the plane when it smashes into the ground.”

Not Nebraska, Mr. Beebe. We've got a Super16 Parachute. :koolaid2:

Does anyone know what kind of ultimatum Beebe could use? There really is nothing the Big12 can give us that would out pace what we would get from the Big10. Is there anyway he would boot us from the Big12? I just see this as an empty threat.

All I know is early in this process a few months ago he said, and i quote "why would MU want to give up their rivalries with Baylor and Texas Tech". :blink:

Baylor and Texas Tech??!! That told me all I ever needed to know about how clueless he is. Further in that interview above they brought up equal revenue, to which he replied, "it will never happen"

He doesnt have the cards/chips, all he has is a sinking feeling and trying to save ship. He is no different then the sperned lover who clams, "no way, I am breaking up with YOU, not you breaking up with ME"!

Does anyone know what kind of ultimatum Beebe could use? There really is nothing the Big12 can give us that would out pace what we would get from the Big10. Is there anyway he would boot us from the Big12? I just see this as an empty threat.

All I know is early in this process a few months ago he said, and i quote "why would MU want to give up their rivalries with Baylor and Texas Tech". :blink:

Baylor and Texas Tech??!! That told me all I ever needed to know about how clueless he is. Further in that interview above they brought up equal revenue, to which he replied, "it will never happen"

He doesnt have the cards/chips, all he has is a sinking feeling and trying to save ship. He is no different then the sperned lover who clams, "no way, I am breaking up with YOU, not you breaking up with ME"!

mizzou v. baylor and ttu is the only reason i care about the big 12.

• Fire 1

Where is the rest of the interview??

mizzou v. baylor and ttu is the only reason i care about the big 12.

:laughpound

To think he could have named ANY of the old big 8 and it would have made atleast some sence. But to name only TX schools and Texas schools who MU has 12 years of history with is just stupid :facepalm: