WR Stanley Jean-Baptiste

dats because these coaches got my bro on da sideline watchin instead of playin he's one of da best wr's on the team so can someone please tell these play calling coaches to throw the ball or just change to green he's a throwin first qb not a runner.dont get me wrong now i love dat we are winning but down the line there will be a team dat can stop the run so what we goin do then.AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT KINNIE N PAUL R GETTING UPSET TO IT'S DROPPIN THEIR DRAFT STOCK

.AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT KINNIE N PAUL R GETTING UPSET TO IT'S DROPPIN THEIR DRAFT STOCK

wow yeah thats the kinda drama we dont need.........

anyways i would love to see your bro out there.. and i agree we need to throw the ball sometimes (BUT our staff will do only WHAT we need to win and right now we win with running the ball... this is also coupled with the fact that TM is sort of a work in progress throwing the ball.....)

heres to team unity :koolaid2:

.AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT KINNIE N PAUL R GETTING UPSET TO IT'S DROPPIN THEIR DRAFT STOCK

wow yeah thats the kinda drama we dont need.........

anyways i would love to see your bro out there.. and i agree we need to throw the ball sometimes (BUT our staff will do only WHAT we need to win and right now we win with running the ball... this is also coupled with the fact that TM is sort of a work in progress throwing the ball.....)

heres to team unity :koolaid2:

this aint drama its the truth taylor can not throw and by only making him run all the time its not going help his arm at all thats what im tryin say

if people are worried about their draft stock, then we made a mistake in recruiting them.

u aint making any since buddy if your a senior or a junior that has nfl skills and your not getting the ball you wont be upset it doesnt have nothing to do with recruiting

What he's saying is that we need to recruit guys who put the team first, ahead of their draft stock. Obviously everyone wants to make it to the league, but the team should come first. That's my interpretation of what he's saying.

As far as your bro, everyone on the board here is rooting for good things for him ... and all the WRs, but most importantly that the team keeps winning. We have huge expectations as Nebraska fans. a 10-win season may be great here in Iowa where I live, but not in the motherland. Go Big Red

if people are worried about their draft stock, then we made a mistake in recruiting them.

u aint making any since buddy if your a senior or a junior that has nfl skills and your not getting the ball you wont be upset it doesnt have nothing to do with recruiting

What he's saying is that we need to recruit guys who put the team first, ahead of their draft stock. Obviously everyone wants to make it to the league, but the team should come first. That's my interpretation of what he's saying.

As far as your bro, everyone on the board here is rooting for good things for him ... and all the WRs, but most importantly that the team keeps winning. We have huge expectations as Nebraska fans. a 10-win season may be great here in Iowa where I live, but not in the motherland. Go Big Red

never said the team shouldnt come first or didnt like da fact that we are winning im just saying if were going keep on winning we have to throw the ball cuz we sucked as an offense verus South Dakota State come on for real so we can we expect this thursday or next week with texas if all they have to do is force taylor to throw defense shouldnt have to keep bailing us out

never said the team shouldnt come first or didnt like da fact that we are winning im just saying if were going keep on winning we have to throw the ball cuz we sucked as an offense verus South Dakota State come on for real so we can we expect this thursday or next week with texas if all they have to do is force taylor to throw defense shouldnt have to keep bailing us out

it's so painful trying to read these

:yeah

dats because these coaches got my bro on da sideline watchin instead of playin he's one of da best wr's on the team

What do you know, it's always the coaches fault a player isn't playing. :facepalm:

So you have been to practice and know he is "one of da(whatever that means) best wr's" or is that what you are hearing??

i guess im the only one who understand big bro (communicationally that is.. is that even a word???!!)

but i think the guy just wants to see his bro play and has supreme confidence in his skills..... perhaps he feels the guys out there now.. minus kinnie aren't getting it done and little bro could step it up for us...... however i think its not as easy as it seems... as with kinnie isn't he only a junior so hes got another year.. keep doing what you'll be doing and you'll be fine... .but our offense is about team and we will do what we need to do as a team to win... i do agree that IF we had come out fired up it would have been a good time for TM to get some passing reps.. but since we SUCKED the coaches didn't want to let a massive upset happen due to possible mistakes (i.e. we needed the run game to happen) also i think TM like a recent article stated can/did try to do to much... its a fine like between staying in the pocket and committing suicide and TM will have to learn it.. the good news in SJB will be around long enough to reap the fruits of hopefully an improved passer in TM... along with young guys like QE pushing him hard also...i see what your saying but football isn't a sport of instant gradificaiton.....

Actually, if I was SJB I would rather just redshirt this year. Because in another year we will have a better throwing QB and his chances to catch balls will be better. Whether it's Martinez throwing to him, who I will guarantee will be a better thrower next year, and actually believe he will continually get better thru season and will be pretty decent at end of this season. Or, Brion Carnes may win the job in which he is much more a passing QB with good mechanics. And Green will mature with another spring and summer too. Anyways, if I was a receiver for NU I wouldn't mind biding my time and learning the offense good and come in next year with a better throwing QB no matter who it is, Martinez, Green, Carnes.

Actually SJB has no redshirt he is a straight four for four guy.

And as far as SJB for some playing time, he obviously doen't know the playbook yet. IN FACT, Gilmore has already said as much. Said has a ton of talent but is lost in between those pages. AND we know that Gilmore will not play a kid if he doesn't "trust" him knowing what is going on. If thus wasn't the case, Meno Holt would have played all the time since day one, Curenski would have more than Sun Belt highlights and SJB would probably been playing by now.

This offense as we have disected over and over again is fairly complicated. Young talent has had to ride the pine byding their time. It is more deeper than run the post. The receivers must know every route audible that any defensive look may change their said route too. And don't forget our WR's must be strong blockers, especially the way the offense appears to be heading. Think of any Taylor, Roy, or Rex long run and I am sure Paul, Kinnie, or McNiell are dominating some DB on the play to spring it.

So I guess big bro, not knocking the kid at all if he is a freak athletically or a balla, but obviously the light upstairs ain't kicking in yet. Remember two things, it took Kinnoe 4/5 of last year to finally get it and there has been many a receiver that we as fans have screamed to be on the field only to watch them stand on the sidelines and just hand out high fives.

Again not any kind of a personal attack on the kid, it is just the way Gilmore opperates and he probably won't sniff the field until these issues are resolved.

I'm so cold. I need a blanket.