Nebraska & Mizzou have until Friday (6/11) to decide if they're in or out

Nexus

Screw the big 12 demands! The more I read about the way that Bebe is handeling his conferance falling apart the more I want us to leave. I say we give notice at 12:01 am on 06/12 just to spite him. I think after all the smoke settles the offensive name for a mentaly challenged person will be changed from retard to betard in honor of Bebe's performance as commish.

Some of the members on a texa$$ message board are not too happy with bb either. Not pro-enough texa$$

What exactly happens if we ignore their deadline?

Probably just trying to get Nebraska to make the first move or deem that we made the first move.

That way the PAC-10 six can avoid the 50% revenue penalty for leaving a dead conference.

Also to undercut any leverage.

My question:

If (and I say 'if') there is an invite to the Big 10. Why stay in the Big XII?

Because BB said 'ultimatum' so nice? :sarcasm

----

P.S. It is Warren

Mizzou fan here. I am sure there is a lot of talk happening, but NU and MU need to stick together on this. Call the bluff of the Texas. This whole deal has made me hate them more and more. Perhaps the rest of the conference should get some balls and give Texas an ultimate to drop the talk about their own network, that would screw over the rest of the Big 12.

ESPN

The Big 12 has drawn a line in the sand for at least two member schools.

The conference, amid a chorus of story lines that would all significantly change the face of big-league college sports, has imposed a deadline of Friday for Nebraska and Missouri to state their intentions on whether they intend to bolt for the Big Ten, with the possibility of an extension for a decision by next Tuesday, The Austin American-Statesman has reported, citing two sources.

The Big 12's university presidents decided on imposing the ultimatum, two highly placed officials within two of the conference schools said, according to the newspaper.

"Nebraska has until 5 p.m. on Friday to tell us what they're going to do," one school official said, according to the The American-Statesman. "The same deal for Missouri. They have to tell us they're not going to the Big Ten."

A Dallas Morning News report also cited a deadline for the Cornhuskers but said it was within two weeks.

"I've talked to the Pac-10," said the Big 12 school administrator, according to the Austin newspaper. "There is an invitation. When it comes, it'll come fast."

Another political figure connected to Texas told The American-Statesman: "I know the war drums are beating. This is way beyond gossip."

Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott, speaking at meetings in San Francisco, laid out several scenarios Friday to its schools' athletic directors, one of which would include adding six Big 12 schools, with Texas among them.

Scott was to brief school presidents and chancellors Sunday morning.

Big 12 commissioner Don Beebe said Friday he is "comfortable" the league will remain intact.

Beebe said a "process" had been put in place by Big 12 presidents to ensure the long-term viability of a conference that has greatly increased revenue for its members, but still not kept pace in television dollars with the other big leagues.

The Big 12 presidents are scheduled to meet again in October. It could hardly be longer away than February, when they meet just before Beebe begins negotiations on a new cable deal with Fox.

"I am comfortable," Beebe said as the four-day meetings wrapped up. "There's still a process we're going through but based on the conversations we had I think we're in a very good position."

He would not discuss how the process will keep the Big 12 intact.

"The process that has been set is firm. But I'm not going to engage in what that is," he said.

As a sales pitch to keep the league together, Beebe spent the week explaining that he expected huge increases in rights fees from both Fox and ESPN. Unfortunately for those wanting to keep the Big 12 intact, its more lucrative contract with ESPN runs through the 2015-16 academic year.

The greatly staggered contract dates are not working in the Big 12's favor as it seeks to keep up with other leagues.

"We have had analysis and projections that look like we're going to be every bit as well compensated in the future," Beebe said.

Under their present television deals, Big 12 members received between $7 million and $10 million each last year, depending on how many appearances each school made. The Big Ten, enriched by its Big Ten cable network, distributed some $22 million to each member last season.

there is no way that stanford votes for tech, okie state, and oklahoma.

now the texas legislature is saying that baylor has to go....man they

get rumors to move fast down there.

today should be an interesting day.

there is no way that stanford votes for tech, okie state, and oklahoma.

This.

I don't quite understand why NU and MU are being bullied in this situation. Except for the fact that it's Texas.

I mean, and excuse what could be my very elementary understanding of the situation, we are talking about an offer from the Big Ten that doesn't yet exist (maybe it does behind closed doors). How are MU and NU supposed to act on something that doesn't exist? It has to be a ploy to get us to say, "O hay, if we get asked we won't jump ship. We love you, Big 12. Here, Texas, do whatever you want. We're sorry we rocked the boat. Thank you, drive thru."

"We have had analysis and projections that look like we're going to be every bit as well compensated in the future," Beebe said.

Under their present television deals, Big 12 members received between $7 million and $10 million each last year, depending on how many appearances each school made. The Big Ten, enriched by its Big Ten cable network, distributed some $22 million to each member last season.

So Beebe and the other Presidents are trying to play hardball. Only sith lords deal in absolutes. Nebraska deserves better than this. As sorry as I am to leave some of the traditions of the Big 12 behind (getting to whip Colorado, playing Oklahoma and Texas) I now more than ever hope we end up in the Big 10.

260xStory.jpg

Good luck Danny...

• Fire 1

This quote from Osborne in the Journal Star just confirms who is running the show...

“I really don’t know what the final parameters are,” Osborne said. “I really can’t comment. The agreement when I left (the Big 12 meetings) Thursday was that (conference commissioner) Dan Beebe and (Texas president) William Powers would do the speaking.

Link

I wish Osborne would tell Beebe and Texas today that we don't need them. The Mountain West would be a better option then dealing with the disease know as Texas for one more day.

Ole Donnie boy better start worrying about if he will have a job soon. Since he is so far up Texas's ass....Mac Brown can give him a position as team ball boy.

Here's the problem....Nebraska is in favor of a Big 12 Network. Texas wants to create Beavo Vision so they are not in favor of a Big 12 Network. Beebe and Powers Jr (Texas President) have a love affair like no other. Beebe will bend over backwards to make UT happy. Perfect example is the amount of revenue that UT receives over other Big 12 Schools.

I know Dr Tom has more class than this, but I would love it if he told Dan Beebe to shove his "ultimatum" up his Big 12 ass.

Why in the hell should they give us and mizzou a deadline...what about texas talking about going independent, and starting their own texas tv sports network. What the offers that might on the table to most of big12 south teams from the pac 10? If Don Bebe is going to give out a deadline then give it to everyone!

• Fire 1