how good are Kinnie and Gilleylen?

kinnie is not far behind imo, i would say he is probably above the level that Paul was during his JR year. Gilleylen is quite a ways behind the two.....

Agree. Good assessment.

We'll see what happens this year. Hopefully Gilmore doesn't let another Chis Brooks languish on the bench because he can't block.

I kindly disagree with assessment that Kinnie is better then Niles as a Junior. Just sayin that Kinnie won't have the stats this year that Niles had last year, and I do not believe he is as fast. Some game changing performances might change my opinion. And the big 10 sucks

I kindly disagree with assessment that Kinnie is better then Niles as a Junior. Just sayin that Kinnie won't have the stats this year that Niles had last year, and I do not believe he is as fast. Some game changing performances might change my opinion. And the big 10 sucks

kinnie isn't as fast, but he has a big body to go up and just get the ball...if he becomes more physical he can do big things...imo gilleylen isn't even our third or fourth best reciever...he has too many hang-ups...i would like to see them throw the ball more to bell

kinnie is not far behind imo, i would say he is probably above the level that Paul was during his JR year. Gilleylen is quite a ways behind the two.....

This is probably accurate. Kinnie has great hands . . . which Paul needs to work on at time.

Gilleylen has speed to burn . . . but has the dropsies and falls randomly during routes.

Niles has the speed but McNeil is our best 'receiver'. Has he ever dropped a pass in a game? Not that I remember anyway. Kinnie was sorely underutilized last season.

Dropped the pass on third down in the 2008 Colorado game which would've made the 57-yard field goal a lot shorter. Of course it didn't matter. In my mind our receivers are:

1. Paul

2. McNeil

3. Kinnie

4. Cooper

Niles has the speed but McNeil is our best 'receiver'. Has he ever dropped a pass in a game? Not that I remember anyway. Kinnie was sorely underutilized last season.

Dropped the pass on third down in the 2008 Colorado game which would've made the 57-yard field goal a lot shorter. Of course it didn't matter. In my mind our receivers are:

1. Paul

2. McNeil

3. Kinnie

4. Cooper

i would go with

1. niles

2. Kinnie (hopefully this season he really shines and the only reason he gets places here is my never ending hope that he blows up next year)

3. McNeil (could easily be two or hell even one as like people have said he is consistent btu then again you cant throw to him always can you???)

4 unproven... waiting for someone to step up... hoping its either Enunwa, Stanley or some other under the radar type guy.. JUST TO BE THERE TO make a catch..... (also looking for cooper and bell to fit in here)

5.Gilleyen (lost all faith) I guess you can pull coooper and bell in here too

The one caveat to all this talk of WR talent is this - we have to have a QB who can get them the ball. I'm concerned that we could be wasting Niles' senior year and yet another year of Kinnie, Bell, McNeill, etc, if we don't get improved play from our QBs in the passing game.

It all starts with the Line, then the QB. Plus I don't think we're going to be throwing as much this year.