Zac Lee will be the starter

Those that have never failed at anything, come up short, not delivered as promised, pleas line up behind Plan Nine.

We obviously need a lot more of you, That would include most of Nebraska's teams through the years, those exceptions would only be 70,71,94,95 and 97 the rest are just weak assed excuses for the Husker nation.

Get a clue!

• Fire 2

I'd just like to point out, that if NU would have had about 2/3 of an offense last year they'd have been in the national championship game, and that would have been a sight to behold for sure....at least even odds to take home MNC #6.

Seriously, i have NO QUESTIONS about the flying Pelinis, Bo is the greatest single defensive mind I've ever seen on the college level. Great defense follows him everywhere he's been, great defense that changes programs, that wins games, that wins Big Games.

Also, This Year is a red-letter year, for many reasons. NU has a once in a lifetime opportunity to write an epitaph on the big 12 tombstone, and to kick off what i see as a dominant 3-5 year period moving forward into the big 10, which clearly isn't going to be ready for what pelini brings on the defensive side of the ball. i mean, they just discovered the forward pass, right?

In short, we need results offensively, game 1. NO MORE EXCUSES, i'm sick of them, husker nation deserves better than that, the tradition alone requires more. NU CAN WIN THE MNC THIS YEAR. Men are judged by Results at the end of the day, excuses are for women, children, and runner's up. Husker Nation carrying Lee's water by excusing last season's disasterous showing (injuries, bad o-line, emotional distress, blah blah) actually makes me sick...think about it: Nebraska has had success in the past by being harder-nosed, more physical, meaner, leaner, and more efficient than anyone else. Not necessarily more talented, not better funded, not over-hyped or over-exposed...and most certainly not by accepting or excusing poor on the field performance. Allowing that belies a weak-mindedness that rots like a cancer.

(The one time NU did get over-hyped, they got rolled up @ colorado and slapped down in the rose bowl. We didn't earn it, just like Lee being the starting QB.)

Rules of life: Work hard, succeed, eat well, live well...no excuses for failure. Its a philosophical thing...the "but but's" and apologies for Lee simply does not fit the profile of Nebraska Football as i know it.

And what we've had going on offensively, specifically from the one guy that handles the ball every snap, is not good enough. Not even close.

Don't kid yourself.

OK. Here is the list of QB's for the 2010 season:

Taylor Martinez

Zac Lee

Kody Spano

Ron Kellogg III

Latravis Washington

Brion Carnes

Cody Green

Who will lead us to this MNC you speak of and why? I already did the favor of crossing out Zac Lee since he's not good enough for you.

Rules of life: Work hard, succeed, eat well, live well...no excuses for failure. Its a philosophical thing...the "but but's" and apologies for Lee simply does not fit the profile of Nebraska Football as i know it.

There's enough fail in your post to discuss for days, but I'll just address this. Lee has worked around about 1,000 times harder at being a quarterback than you, making all your "but but's" pretty irrelevant. You wouldn't know Nebraska football the way Lee knows it because you haven't got the skill to be walk-on, let alone a recruited scholarship athlete. What you know of Nebraska football consists of sitting in the stands, watching on TV and griping on message boards. Sure, your rants are silly and funny and we're all getting a chuckle out of you, but bottom line is, you're all hot air and no substance.

You may retain the floor for your little comedy routine, though.

Please. Proceed.

I'm just waiting for someone to regurgitate last year's claim that Zac sucks because he's from San Francisco, which makes him gay, and how he and Watson are gay together.

Wouldn't that be like casting stones while living in a glass house? These statistics are 14-15 years old, but at that time Lincoln had the second largest gay population per capita behind San Francisco. I remember when it was rumored that Crouch was gay. I guess those rumors were laid to bed after it was discovered that he had fathered a child with his girlfriend. I'm surprised the one who made this claim didn't go ahead and say that Zac was the starter because he is white and so is Watson. They both make about as much sense.

There's enough fail in your post to discuss for days, but I'll just address this. Lee has worked around about 1,000 times harder at being a quarterback than you, making all your "but but's" pretty irrelevant. You wouldn't know Nebraska football the way Lee knows it because you haven't got the skill to be walk-on, let alone a recruited scholarship athlete. What you know of Nebraska football consists of sitting in the stands, watching on TV and griping on message boards. Sure, your rants are silly and funny and we're all getting a chuckle out of you, but bottom line is, you're all hot air and no substance.

You may retain the floor for your little comedy routine, though.

Please. Proceed.

hey chief, this isn't about me. this is about NU's joke of a QB last season(take umbrage if you really disagree, please), and the apparent inability of the residents of this particular fishbowl to admit it...which i find completely ridiculous. the dude Does Not Have What It Takes, athletically or otherwise...or at the very least has yet to demonstrate it on the field, end of story.

but whatever...enjoy the cool-aid i guess.

and to the question posed by the previous post...

ANY OF THE ABOVE. what part of ANYBODY BUT LEE did you miss? just saying, and i'm far from alone.

His point about playing for the NC last year if we would have had anything even remotely close to an "average" offense is on the money.

But hey.....who cares?? Let's just accept any excuse, any spin, any pathetic to marginal performance and be glad of it!! That makes me a "real" fan, right??

Heck, Bo/Carl are superb on that side of the ball so we can waste as many NC quality defenses as we want. Why not???

Five 1st downs a game baby!! Lee is our man!!

GBR!!

Those that have never failed at anything, come up short, not delivered as promised, pleas line up behind Plan Nine.

We obviously need a lot more of you, That would include most of Nebraska's teams through the years, those exceptions would only be 70,71,94,95 and 97 the rest are just weak assed excuses for the Husker nation.

Get a clue!

Thanks for missing the clearly explained premise.

that being:

Failure, demonstrated repeatedly, does not belong as a starting QB at an NU team with aspirations of national prominence.

sure, try again! go you! why not? but after 1 whole season of "mediocre at best, usually pathetic" performance at QB, can't we try something else for, i don't know, 3 or 4 consecutive games? pretty please?

i'd rather see another running back behind center than that slow, inept, incapable white boy. its like somebody took the worst parts of ganz, taylor, and keller, and BANG out came Lee. AND THEN HE STARTS. ALL SEASON. AND SUCKS! and then the best part: YOU LIKE IT??? and want more of it. please.

Lee simply does not fit the profile of Nebraska Football as i know it.

100% not what i said, thanks. Feel free to re-read.

You're right, I did misread that. My apologies. You did however, among other things, call him a 'fraud.' So I stand by my statement ;) We'll see this year, hey?

Chill out with the caps lock dude. I understand you feel passionately about this, but for real.

Lee is not remotely slow, by the way. And were you calling for Zac Taylor's head too when he struggled in his first year to a worse passer rating than Lee?

i'd rather see another running back behind center than that slow, inept, incapable white boy.

I think one of the most important positions on a football team is quarterback. So I'd like to have a quarterback...:P

hey chief, this isn't about me. this is about NU's joke of a QB last season(take umbrage if you really disagree, please), and the apparent inability of the residents of this particular fishbowl to admit it...which i find completely ridiculous. the dude Does Not Have What It Takes, athletically or otherwise...or at the very least has yet to demonstrate it on the field, end of story.

If this particular fishbowl doesn't suit you, nobody's keeping you here.

Get a clue!

Thanks for missing the clearly explained premise.

that being:

Failure, demonstrated repeatedly, does not belong as a starting QB at an NU team with aspirations of national prominence.

sure, try again! go you! why not? but after 1 whole season of "mediocre at best, usually pathetic" performance at QB, can't we try something else for, i don't know, 3 or 4 consecutive games? pretty please?

i'd rather see another running back behind center than that slow, inept, incapable white boy. its like somebody took the worst parts of ganz, taylor, and keller, and BANG out came Lee. AND THEN HE STARTS. ALL SEASON. AND SUCKS! and then the best part: YOU LIKE IT??? and want more of it. please.

Zac Lee's white?! NO WONDER HE SUCKS SO BAD!!!1!!

• Fire 1

dang man, get some thicker skin. I wasn't aware that the mod's had a stake in Lee's starting at QB this season. is there a pool or something? whats the over/under?

I want in.

Just following up on your whine about "this fishbowl." Nobody's keeping you here but you. I'd like you to stay because you're funny and I'm bored, but whatever. It's up to you.

Anyone else on the team you hate besides Lee? Or are you a one-trick pony?