Zac Lee will be the starter

There's enough fail in your post to discuss for days, but I'll just address this. Lee has worked around about 1,000 times harder at being a quarterback than you, making all your "but but's" pretty irrelevant. You wouldn't know Nebraska football the way Lee knows it because you haven't got the skill to be walk-on, let alone a recruited scholarship athlete. What you know of Nebraska football consists of sitting in the stands, watching on TV and griping on message boards. Sure, your rants are silly and funny and we're all getting a chuckle out of you, but bottom line is, you're all hot air and no substance.

You may retain the floor for your little comedy routine, though.

Please. Proceed.

hey chief, this isn't about me. this is about NU's joke of a QB last season(take umbrage if you really disagree, please), and the apparent inability of the residents of this particular fishbowl to admit it...which i find completely ridiculous. the dude Does Not Have What It Takes, athletically or otherwise...or at the very least has yet to demonstrate it on the field, end of story.

but whatever...enjoy the cool-aid i guess.

and to the question posed by the previous post...

ANY OF THE ABOVE. what part of ANYBODY BUT LEE did you miss? just saying, and i'm far from alone.

All I have to say is you sure are nuts, the two Missouri passes to Niles were not wobbling or him waiting and they were perfect and by the way it was the middle of a monsoon, I was there. Bud your boy Cody got rocked in the OU game, and he struggled against a Baylor, who is the worst in the league, is there no coincidence in this start? And Martinez has never seen the field, and no we still would have lost to Iowa state and texas tech. Is it Zacs fault that Roy fumbles the ball 700 times, or Niles drops a ball and doesn't go after a fumble. Nope, you sir are funny.

dang, you guys are right. Lee is awesome. what was i thinking?

It's not that people don't have reservations against Lee starting. It's that you're leading a personal crusade against him with marginal arguments.

He's not Tommie Frazier, we get it. But you know what? He may be the best we have.

• Fire 2

Would everyone here love to have a great QB? My guess is down to the very last one.

Do we have one on our roster, time may tell. But last year, he was the best we had or the staff would not have started him.

I was not on his bandwagon last year, but he showed a lot of moxey to continue with the injury, and then again was he required to by the staff.

I want to give him the opportunity to show what he has healthy. If it is more of the same, it again is not his fault, it is the fault of the staff in not recruiting the quality that we need.

Most feel Cody Green has those abilities, my doubts have been mentioned many times. Martinez shows things that could be used, but do we change to a running offense with a freshman running it?

Sometimes you have to make do with what you have. I think that was the case last year, hopefully it will change this year one way or another. No one here liked what we saw last year, and realize we could have been better with an offense, but you have to play the cards your dealt.

Here is hoping they turn up better this year.

I want Zac to show us his true abilities, my concern, is, is there anyone else better equipped to do the job.

I have yet to see him.

• Fire 1

dang, you guys are right. Lee is awesome. what was i thinking?

It's not that people don't have reservations against Lee starting. It's that you're leading a personal crusade against him with marginal arguments.

He's not Tommie Frazier, we get it. But you know what? He may be the best we have.

That's sincerely the most terrifying thought imaginable. If so, oh well.....just another year of taking the knee three times and punting. Throw in a couple intercepts & fumbles here and there....ho hum.

I love the positive spin on that though..I see it posted everywhere...."game management". lol!

Take heart saunders45. "Somebody" with some real talent will step forward. Inexperienced (@ going "3&out" 10,000 times) or not, Tmart, Carnes, Green, Spano....."somebody" will. It's the last year in the BigXII and the joint Big8 & Big10 Gods demand the BigRedMachine to kick ass and takes names.

No way man, Lee is officially the stuff. I mean, who wants the 6'4" super fast, freakishly athletic black guy with the cannon attached to his shoulder, or the slightly smaller, quicker, faster, black guy with the rocket attached to his shoulder back there. Or anybody else because (a)we haven't seen them play yet and (b)they can't be any better than the guy we've seen play. Lord knows those two should never get a shot because {c}they don't have 100X the physical skills of the returning starter, and (d)are only lacking game experience to actually be good.

I get it now, it's clear. I'm on board.

Its simple math: a + b + c + d = Lee.

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

All together now!

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, No One Can!

YAY Lee!

What makes you think that, with Lee out all spring and no QB depth to speak of, the other guys are not getting their shot? What makes you think that Lee is not athletic? He graded out as one of the most athletic players on the team last spring if I recall correctly. If there's ever been a better opportunity for one of those guys to step up, it's now.

yeah, Lee is a 1st round lock in the league. sure looked like it all last season.

Blazing speed. Tough as nails. Impossible to stop or tackle or even understand what the hell he was doing at any given moment.

he's like the Sphynx from Mystery Men, but in QB form.

You're putting words in my mouth. First round lock. Did I say that? You called Lee slow, and I called you out on that.

Bottom line, we have anyone better, and he'll be starting this year in Lee's place. The whole Spring while Zac was out, the QB position was so wide open for anyone, anyone to step up. There's no reports that they have. We'll see.

??? kosher? (nice one) race reference? dude, lighten the hell up.

oversensitive "PC" status of board mod = CONFIRMED.

Fact: in no way have i been derogatory whatsoever to anyone of any racial orientation except maybe whatever race Lee happens to be.

so stuff it.

OUT COMES TEH BANHAMMER! and the WHAAAMBULANCE!

I'm a freaking huge NU fan dude, white as hell(irish in fact), and don't give two craps about any kind of skin color. but whatever.

clown away.