Funny thing about North Stadium Expansion

Remember when that expansion was started and they were still trying to raise money for it quite awhile after it was done. Sure is weird how after Osborne came in and let Pedey off the hook we never heard about needing money for that again, and not only that, now they are probably gonna expand and redo East stadium. I was just thinking about it last night. Sure weird how problems disappear when you get the right people for the job in the correct positions.

It is weird no question.

Coach Osborne got it done and very quickly it seems. But how and why Pederson failed so miserably here is strange to. He has been a tremendous success at Pitt, on his first go around and is again.

I will say that I do not like the man, and did not from his first days as AD. I know that giving money to Tom has never been a problem, but Pedey was more of chore for us. I wonder if the coach that shall not be mentioned had won if it would have been different?

Glad to have Coach Osborne back for sure.

And I thought losing ol' big shot Dan Cook's donations would destroy us.

“I know 99 percent of people are just elated,” [over Steve Peterson's firing] Cook said. “I wish Nebraska nothing but the best. But they ain’t going to have me around. If they want to take my name off the building or take my plaque down, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I could care less. I don’t have time to go through the misery of people who make dumb mistakes.”

“I hope they find new donor,” Cook said. “They’re going to need to find a new donor. I’m off the roster. Somebody asked me what it’d take to drive me away? I said, ‘I don’t know.’ Well, I just found out what it took to drive me away.”

Link

Well it looks like we've been doing just fine without you buddy. So I say, so long and thanks for all the shoes!! ;)

to be fair, ive met and hung around dan cook several times and hes friends with my grandfather. I walked around the field with him once when i was a knee high before the game. Dan was just as hurt by the programs spiral as the next guy...theres always more to the story. He wasnt treated the greatest by the pedey/callahan tenure either. The man did a lot, A LOT, for the program, and i think its unfair to bash him.

to be fair, ive met and hung around dan cook several times and hes friends with my grandfather. I walked around the field with him once when i was a knee high before the game. Dan was just as hurt by the programs spiral as the next guy...theres always more to the story. He wasnt treated the greatest by the pedey/callahan tenure either. The man did a lot, A LOT, for the program, and i think its unfair to bash him.

I dont see anyone bashing him, just repeating his own words and mentioning we are doing fairly well with out his large donations and support. He did do a lot for the University but just because he gave a lot of money does not mean he has exclusive rights to how the program should be ran.

Thanks Dan for all you did.

To bad he felt he had to give up on the program. Those were some tough times to go through, for everyone. Don't really know what prompted him to stop donating, but I know one thing. Once a Husker always a Husker. He is still cheering and saying Go Big Red some where.

GBR!!!

BTW, I'm pretty sure Osborne cooled that whole situation with Cook and everything is good as gravy now. I don't think he ever gave up on the program, I seem to remember an article not long after TO became AD that all had been cleared up there.

I think Mr. Cook might have just been emotional about the entire situation.

Exactly. Stick a microphone in front of anyone's face in that time and you're probably going to get a pretty emotional quote. It was a tough time.

My guess is that Cook felt like a goof for giving money to a guy like Pedey who turned out to be an ass and a clown. So of course his emotions are running high at the time. Its like when you date a girl that all your friends hate and you freak out, until later on when you find out she is in fact crazy.

My guess is that Cook felt like a goof for giving money to a guy like Pedey who turned out to be an ass and a clown. So of course his emotions are running high at the time. Its like when you date a girl that all your friends hate and you freak out, until later on when you find out she is in fact crazy.

and so the insult assclown shall now forever be known as "pullin' a Pedey"...

BTW, I'm pretty sure Osborne cooled that whole situation with Cook and everything is good as gravy now. I don't think he ever gave up on the program, I seem to remember an article not long after TO became AD that all had been cleared up there.

I think Mr. Cook might have just been emotional about the entire situation.

Well Mr Cook and a lot of other Husker fans made a number of statements some right and a few wrong. But all should be forgiven now that we are almost back on the main highway to success.

Had to do a little Googling of old articles but this may clear some things up about where Cook may stand after his Oct. 2007 tirade:

LINK

On Callahan's firing:

"I'm probably the only guy in America who hoped this would go the other way," said Cook, a retired Dallas businessman whose family name graces the athletic department's Cook Pavilion.

"But even I realize that when you have Tom, who has forgotten more football than I'll ever know, then he'll do what's right for the program."

Cook, who also funds an annual stipend for the current Nebraska football coach, believes that some donors may hold off on big gifts until the next head man proves he knows what he's doing.

But donors are very comfortable with Osborne as athletic director, Cook said, which will help keep the football program steady even though NU is coming off a 5-7 season and no longer has a head coach.

"I don't think this is going to have an impact on fundraising," Cook said. "I think the finances are going to be just fine."

Flash forward back to 2010. I'm guessing these boosters are happier now... Obviously TO wouldn't be talking about yet another stadium expansion if they weren't.

I'm kind of curious to know what he and other mega donors think of the Big 10 move.

I dont see anyone bashing him, just repeating his own words and mentioning we are doing fairly well with out his large donations and support. He did do a lot for the University but just because he gave a lot of money does not mean he has exclusive rights to how the program should be ran.

Thanks Dan for all you did.

**ahem** T Boone Pickens