QB Race

the only issue i have with tmart starting is that this offense is wanting to be conservative, run the ball and let the d win the game. but there will be a few points this year that neb will be down and need to sling the ball around. I dont think you can just go to the bench and say hey lee go win this one for us. then bench him again for a few games until we are down late in the 4th quarter again and need him to win it for us. secondly our o-line isnt the athletic line you need to run the inside/outside zone blocking to be successful at zone read option. tmart may be a stud at running this offense but teams like texas are going to put 9 in the box knowing he cannot throw the ball. my prediction if tmart is the starter all season is 3 losses. in which with the safer bet of lee there is a legitimate shot at going 13-1 14-0.

Tmart starts 1st quarter

green 2nd

best of 2 gets 2nd half

Heh....I keep reading this exact prediction everywhere. I'm not trying to be mean but I just have to say.....

1. Like with a Tmart run threat offense, we can't come back from behind? Who says so? Also, who knows? We could even score a couple of TDs in the 1st half with Tmart vs a decent team. Wouldn't that be shocking? :wtf

2. You realize our WCO under Callahan (for 4 years) was 0 - 19 when down at halftime? We were "slinging the ball all around" but it never helped us win games we fell behind. Maybe that's just another reason we're running like a scalded dog away from the WCO?

3. Since you mention the Texas game do you realize Z. Lee led NU to a grand total of "five" first downs vs Texas last year? Yeah.....five 1st downs for the whole bloody game. Gee, I wonder why we lost? But it's a HUGE mistake for another qb to get shot? Tmart at qb would do "worse"?? Really?

So, we're at three losses with Tmart or Green but 13 -1 or 14 - 0 with Lee because....well, "because".....oh, I don't know.

Hey, with full respect I gotta go with Bo on this call.

comparing callahans offense to last years is like apples to oranges. 0-19 was due mostly to a coz defense in which they always scored points. the offensive gameplan changed after the vatech game. lee and the oline were all banged up. so ultra conservative offense was in place to manage the game and not lose it because the coaches knew the d and henery could keep them in the game. you are right that tmart and the o may be able to score touchdowns and get up on teams all im saying is that his passing ability is no were near lees yet and may never be. so teams like washington texas mizzou kstate and so on are going to load the box and stop the run. similar to the way defenses did against lord and that offense because they arent scared of him throwing the ball

Tmart will start the first quarter he is 1a on the depth chart. Green is 1b on the depth chart and will start the second quarter. With lee being 3rd on the depth chart. Whomever performs better in the first half with take the majority of snaps in the 2nd half.

I dont think it has anything to do with Lee's ability more so the type of offense they want to run is spread option and tmart/green are the best options for this type of offense.

spread option?? Are u sure about that? that would be cool :koolaid2:

When nebraska gets their running game back we win.I dont care if its 3rd and long we still run the ball and get it.Lee last year was at best an average QB maybe maybe not idk ,I will say his strenght is running hes a running QB .Maybe the coaches knoe that also because last year against texas in the big 12 championship game and that long run he did against texas was a thing to watch I'll admit to it i had to rewind it a few times and watch again. We can run the ball 80% in the redzone and we will win games. We did not do nothing in the redzone last season that is something that needs to get better on.Last year i say it was play calling if anything JUST DUMB PLAYING CALLING sometimes watson did something real stupid calls in the redzone and NO I dont mean when it was 3rd and goal from the 30 neither. Besides texas is supposed to run the ball this year ,The better we run the ball the better we are and last year we didnt knoe what we wanted to do. The bowl game we looked ok