QB Race

Gentlemen, under all the circumstances, it is either fairly exhilarating or fairly alarming that T-Mag's gonna start.

I am more than a little alarmed, personally.

Hang on for the ride, in either case. Bottoms up! :koolaid2:

I agree with you that im alarmed as well. I feel that Lee should start. thats my opinion and i know many dont agree. Lee earned his position sustaining an injury and playing it out because he was still the best option for the team instead of going the surgery route. we all know he didnt put up big numbers. but that was due to to a very conservative scheme. Lee shouldnt be sitting due to injury last year. i dont know any sport where you lose your starting spot due to injury. Its bs imho. But what does that account for... nothing... I guess i want the best players out there but it seems that the offense wants to run option read all day long and we will see a ton of it saturday.

Check out how Tom Brady became a superstar NFL player. It was the injury to Drew Bledsoe that gave him his shot and he never gave it up.

Check out what happened to Trent Green with the Rams, got injury and Kurt Warner took the opportunity and Trent never got his job back from what I remembered. Kurt Warner goes on to have a potential hall of fame career. There is no unwritten rule that you can't lose your job in sport or business due to an injury. Happens all the time in sport and business.

These are incredibly different examples that you brought up.

A closer comparison would've been if Green took over last year, lit it up, and grabbed the job for good. Didn't happen.

There are lots of cases of losing your starting job to injury, but what I am getting at is this scenario: Lee is injured. He's told to suck it up when he needs surgery. He doesn't get surgery. As a result, he really gets injured. Toughs it out til the end of the year. Is STILL told he doesn't need surgery. Says "no way" to that advice. Spurns the recommendations of a surgeon, considering the recommendation came from the same people who told him he didn't need surgery to begin with. Gets his surgery. Comes back strong, improves, competes. And is all of a sudden completely surpassed by a sophomore and a redshirt freshman.

Tell me that's not fishy. And please correct any places where I am wrong.

If Martinez is some out of this world talent, it's definitely possible - but Martinez AND Green both surpassing him? People have said 1a and 1b, with Lee being 3. That sounds like doghouse. And given the rundown of what happened, I am extremely surprised.

Gentlemen, under all the circumstances, it is either fairly exhilarating or fairly alarming that T-Mag's gonna start.

I am more than a little alarmed, personally.

Hang on for the ride, in either case. Bottoms up! :koolaid2:

I agree with you that im alarmed as well. I feel that Lee should start. thats my opinion and i know many dont agree. Lee earned his position sustaining an injury and playing it out because he was still the best option for the team instead of going the surgery route. we all know he didnt put up big numbers. but that was due to to a very conservative scheme. Lee shouldnt be sitting due to injury last year. i dont know any sport where you lose your starting spot due to injury. Its bs imho. But what does that account for... nothing... I guess i want the best players out there but it seems that the offense wants to run option read all day long and we will see a ton of it saturday.

Check out how Tom Brady became a superstar NFL player. It was the injury to Drew Bledsoe that gave him his shot and he never gave it up.

Check out what happened to Trent Green with the Rams, got injury and Kurt Warner took the opportunity and Trent never got his job back from what I remembered. Kurt Warner goes on to have a potential hall of fame career. There is no unwritten rule that you can't lose your job in sport or business due to an injury. Happens all the time in sport and business.

These are incredibly different examples that you brought up.

A closer comparison would've been if Green took over last year, lit it up, and grabbed the job for good. Didn't happen.

There are lots of cases of losing your starting job to injury, but what I am getting at is this scenario: Lee is injured. He's told to suck it up when he needs surgery. He doesn't get surgery. As a result, he really gets injured. Toughs it out til the end of the year. Is STILL told he doesn't need surgery. Says "no way" to that advice. Spurns the recommendations of a surgeon, considering the recommendation came from the same people who told him he didn't need surgery to begin with. Gets his surgery. Comes back strong, improves, competes. And is all of a sudden completely surpassed by a sophomore and a redshirt freshman.

Tell me that's not fishy. And please correct any places where I am wrong.

If Martinez is some out of this world talent, it's definitely possible - but Martinez AND Green both surpassing him? People have said 1a and 1b, with Lee being 3. That sounds like doghouse. And given the rundown of what happened, I am extremely surprised.

I hadn't heard that, if true than it is a little fishy. I still think we see all three play the actual season starter will probably be named at the Washington game. At this point the discussion is almost moot just over 40 hours till kick off

Taylor Fever :koolaid2:

(by the way - although I use these nicknames somewhat not nicely, I think they're pretty amusing. Ridiculous, but cool at the same time. I'd use them cheering for Taylor or criticizing him. Sorry for those that find it annoying. Although we might be getting some of that taymagic for the next four years so...)

Either he (Martin-ez) is one tick short of being the most cocky person in Red, or he really is that good...his play will decide. I remember a loooong loooong time ago, a guy turning heads and amping the Hype Meter with a 50 yard run in the first game only to be seen pretty much pissing down his leg a few weeks later on National TV...it was a long time ago so I may not remember his name...uh, let's see, uh, oh yeah...Cody Green vs. FAU last year, then later vs OU...

prove it Mr 'Magic' <_<

am i the only one who is starting to think that we will not have a qb. i think that is why BO has failed to announce the starting qb, because there will be no qb. think about it, what would cause a bigger circus than announcing that will not be playing with a qb. and they are all still competitive because they are all equally not starting. think about it. :moreinteresting