QB Race

I don't think Bo wants to name a starting QB yet. Isn't the best indicator seeing how each plays in a REAL game? They learned that last year after Green played terribly in the first quarter against Oklahoma. My guess is Lee will get the first snaps tomorrow, then Bo/Watson will gradually work T-mart and "heyyouguysgotany" Green :D into the mix.

Where's the harm in testing how each QB does against a team predicted to go 0-12 this year?

Holy hell. This thread got to 15 pages??? Impressive. I wont bother to read every page, but I'm gonna guess it was a whole lot of dedhoarse dedhoarse dedhoarse dedhoarse dedhoarse

Amazing! How did you know without reading it?

Although I will say this thread has entertained me the last week or so and helped me make it to the glorious start of college football with some semblance of sanity.

I don't think Bo wants to name a starting QB yet. Isn't the best indicator seeing how each plays in a REAL game? They learned that last year after Green played terribly in the first quarter against Oklahoma. My guess is Lee will get the first snaps tomorrow, then Bo/Watson will gradually work T-mart and "heyyouguysgotany" Green :D into the mix.

Where's the harm in testing how each QB does against a team predicted to go 0-12 this year?

We can all quit guessing.

Martinez will start tomorrow. Guaranteed.

We can all quit guessing.

Martinez will start tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Link to a Husker coach saying this?

The buzz came from within the program from players (see PJ above) talking about their experiences at practice. It did not come from internet junkies like ourselves. He did give himself that "T-Magic" nickname, but other than that I don't think it is fair of us to assume that he is cocky. He has not been in front of the media yet.

If he passing ability is what Niles said it was above then I think we have a football player here fellas.

The buzz came from within the program from players (see PJ above) talking about their experiences at practice. It did not come from internet junkies like ourselves. He did give himself that "T-Magic" nickname, but other than that I don't think it is fair of us to assume that he is cocky. He has not been in front of the media yet.

If he passing ability is what Niles said it was above then I think we have a football player here fellas.

Eh. If that's the case, why is Green second?

That has got to be the fishiest part of this deal to me.

It's one thing if Taylor truly has unseated last year's incumbent starter who improved. It's another thing when it looks like the incumbent just fell off the map in coaches' eyes. It's going to be really interesting to see if Green does indeed get the 2nd quarter as some have said. To me, that is a rather unfortunate indictment on Taylor and it is an absolute slap in the face to Lee. Some may think he deserves it...but we'll agree to disagree on that. A much more preferable situation would be if coaches got behind Taylor and started him the whole game.

It's one thing if Taylor truly has unseated last year's incumbent starter who improved. It's another thing when it looks like the incumbent just fell off the map in coaches' eyes. It's going to be really interesting to see if Green does indeed get the 2nd quarter as some have said. To me, that is a rather unfortunate indictment on Taylor and it is an absolute slap in the face to Lee. Some may think he deserves it...but we'll agree to disagree on that. A much more preferable situation would be if coaches got behind Taylor and started him the whole game.

I fully agree with you here. I believe that Lee is getting slapped in the face by the coaches which is sad imo. He led this team to 10 wins last year and had a hell of a great bowl game. If Tmarts throwing skills have improved beyond lee's then i can see why they want him to start. but before one snap has taken place this fall live Lee has lost his position and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

If you have a qb who is absolutely blowing everyone away, you have no loyalty to the nice guy who persevered in leading the 99th best offense last season.

But you'll still feel better knowing you can turn to Zac Lee on the sidelines.

Really hate to go there, but you gotta admit Joe Dailey was a revelation in his first start against substandard competition.

I fully agree with you here. I believe that Lee is getting slapped in the face by the coaches which is sad imo. He led this team to 10 wins last year and had a hell of a great bowl game. If Tmarts throwing skills have improved beyond lee's then i can see why they want him to start. but before one snap has taken place this fall live Lee has lost his position and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Go back and watch film from last season and count how many times he overthrew, underthrew, and just flat out missed the receiver. I dont care if he was injured. The man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a scoop shovel. He DID NOT lead the team last year to 10 wins. He was lucky we had the best defense in all of football or we would have been lucky to make it to .500. All of the people who have been calling for Lee to be the starter is just mind blowing to me. The guy is not a good football player, imo. I don't care how good he knows the offense, if he cant make the plays then he should be wearing the headset on the sidelines. If he does get the start I hope he proves me wrong. However, what is the point in having him number 2? Get the younger player in Green in there at number 2 so he gets more reps and can improve. Lee is gone after this year, no point for him to get much action at all if he isn't gonna be THE GUY. Lets go T-Magic!!!

Go back and watch film from last season and count how many times he overthrew, underthrew, and just flat out missed the receiver. I dont care if he was injured. The man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a scoop shovel. He DID NOT lead the team last year to 10 wins. He was lucky we had the best defense in all of football or we would have been lucky to make it to .500. All of the people who have been calling for Lee to be the starter is just mind blowing to me. The guy is not a good football player, imo. I don't care how good he knows the offense, if he cant make the plays then he should be wearing the headset on the sidelines. If he does get the start I hope he proves me wrong. However, what is the point in having him number 2? Get the younger player in Green in there at number 2 so he gets more reps and can improve. Lee is gone after this year, no point for him to get much action at all if he isn't gonna be THE GUY. Lets go T-Magic!!!

Frosh will make Frosh mistakes. we lose at least 3 games