QB Race

The buzz came from within the program from players (see PJ above) talking about their experiences at practice. It did not come from internet junkies like ourselves. He did give himself that "T-Magic" nickname, but other than that I don't think it is fair of us to assume that he is cocky. He has not been in front of the media yet.

If he passing ability is what Niles said it was above then I think we have a football player here fellas.

Eh. If that's the case, why is Green second?

That has got to be the fishiest part of this deal to me.

It's one thing if Taylor truly has unseated last year's incumbent starter who improved. It's another thing when it looks like the incumbent just fell off the map in coaches' eyes. It's going to be really interesting to see if Green does indeed get the 2nd quarter as some have said. To me, that is a rather unfortunate indictment on Taylor and it is an absolute slap in the face to Lee. Some may think he deserves it...but we'll agree to disagree on that. A much more preferable situation would be if coaches got behind Taylor and started him the whole game.

I fully agree with you here. I believe that Lee is getting slapped in the face by the coaches which is sad imo. He led this team to 10 wins last year and had a hell of a great bowl game. If Tmarts throwing skills have improved beyond lee's then i can see why they want him to start. but before one snap has taken place this fall live Lee has lost his position and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Go back and watch film from last season and count how many times he overthrew, underthrew, and just flat out missed the receiver. I dont care if he was injured. The man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a scoop shovel. He DID NOT lead the team last year to 10 wins. He was lucky we had the best defense in all of football or we would have been lucky to make it to .500. All of the people who have been calling for Lee to be the starter is just mind blowing to me. The guy is not a good football player, imo. I don't care how good he knows the offense, if he cant make the plays then he should be wearing the headset on the sidelines. If he does get the start I hope he proves me wrong. However, what is the point in having him number 2? Get the younger player in Green in there at number 2 so he gets more reps and can improve. Lee is gone after this year, no point for him to get much action at all if he isn't gonna be THE GUY. Lets go T-Magic!!!

I agree that Lee is getting slapped in the face. Wish I knew every knitty gritty detail to this. Does not make sense, I agree with you Zoogies.

This is the most ignorant part of the post above.

Go back and watch film from last season and count how many times he overthrew, underthrew, and just flat out missed the receiver. I dont care if he was injured. The man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a scoop shovel.

We all know that he could not throw the ball last year. That is why Bo pulled the reins back. You saying that you don't care that he was injured is the most assinine and ignorant statement I have read on this board in awhile. That is like saying Roy Helu didn't have as many yards as I wanted him to get when we all know that he was not near 100% after the Mizzou game. Educate yourself on Zac Lee's situation and then come back here.

I do believe that Martinez and Green will be better than Zac Lee is in their respective careers. What I also believe is that Zac Lee deserves his chance to lead this offense FULLY HEALTHY and without Bo pulling the reins back. He played hurt and laid it all on the line for us last year.

I don't think Bo wants to name a starting QB yet. Isn't the best indicator seeing how each plays in a REAL game? They learned that last year after Green played terribly in the first quarter against Oklahoma. My guess is Lee will get the first snaps tomorrow, then Bo/Watson will gradually work T-mart and "heyyouguysgotany" Green :D into the mix.

Where's the harm in testing how each QB does against a team predicted to go 0-12 this year?

We can all quit guessing.

Martinez will start tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Link to a Husker coach saying this?

He's starting. 99.99% chance of it. I save the .01% chance for some freak injury happening between now and then.

Go back and watch film from last season and count how many times he overthrew, underthrew, and just flat out missed the receiver. I dont care if he was injured. The man couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a scoop shovel. He DID NOT lead the team last year to 10 wins. He was lucky we had the best defense in all of football or we would have been lucky to make it to .500. All of the people who have been calling for Lee to be the starter is just mind blowing to me. The guy is not a good football player, imo.

If Jesus could reply to this post, it would be like ..

jesus-facepalm.png

• Fire 1

I'd love to see Lee get a start as he is a Senior. The bottom line is we don’t know how much of last years poor performance was injury and how much was just poor playing. I'm sure the coaches are expecting to see huge strides in practice from Lee or they will let a New QB start to lead the team. Lee can't start this year unless he is much, much improved. Again I hope he is I'd love to see the Lee that we saw against Arizona.

GBR

I will be shocked if Martinez starts, or Green for that matter. Not a fan of Lee's but not a foe either but we will need a QB with game experience who has been under fire in hostile environments like Husky Stadium, Manhattan, Ames ( :sarcasm )

And IMO I think Lee is that guy, however there have been other freshman QB's here and in other programs that could step in and handle the "game experience" so I trust that Bo and company will make the right decision. We also know that just because you start game one, doesn't mean you will start all season.

I will be shocked if Martinez starts, or Green for that matter. Not a fan of Lee's but not a foe either but we will need a QB with game experience who has been under fire in hostile environments like Husky Stadium, Manhattan, Ames ( :sarcasm )

And IMO I think Lee is that guy, however there have been other freshman QB's here and in other programs that could step in and handle the "game experience" so I trust that Bo and company will make the right decision. We also know that just because you start game one, doesn't mean you will start all season.

I agree with you completely on Lee, but we're a little past being shocked if Martinez starts at this point, IMO.

It's sort of the secret that isn't really isn't a secret.

I don't think Bo wants to name a starting QB yet. Isn't the best indicator seeing how each plays in a REAL game? They learned that last year after Green played terribly in the first quarter against Oklahoma. My guess is Lee will get the first snaps tomorrow, then Bo/Watson will gradually work T-mart and "heyyouguysgotany" Green :D into the mix.

Where's the harm in testing how each QB does against a team predicted to go 0-12 this year?

We can all quit guessing.

Martinez will start tomorrow. Guaranteed.

Link to a Husker coach saying this?

He's starting. 99.99% chance of it. I save the .01% chance for some freak injury happening between now and then.

Cool.. There's been so many good things being said by players and staff about Martinez.. Just looking forward to watching it all play out tomorrow.

I'll admit up until the past few weeks I thought it was going to be Lee.

However, if Martinez does not start now/ tomorrow I'm going to reach through the monitor and :rickjames you & hoya... ha ha just playing. If I could pass a beer through it, now that would be cool :cheers