Does anyone think Cody Green transfers?

I think he'd be crazy to when he has a real shot to assert himself in the QB competition next year.

The thing about transfers...you go to a different school, sit out a year, and they have their Qb situation sorted out already. At best you're competing for a starting job. And even if you were a starter and successful at your old school, it's hardly a guarantee at the new one (see Mustain, Mitch and Harrison Beck). Sure there's your Ryan Mallet (different situation) and Jevon Snead and Sam Keller (also different situation), but I can't think of any place where Cody has a better shot at becoming the future QB than here, really. Unless he wants to take a step down in level of competition.

I think he'd be crazy to when he has a real shot to assert himself in the QB competition next year.

The thing about transfers...you go to a different school, sit out a year, and they have their Qb situation sorted out already. At best you're competing for a starting job. And even if you were a starter and successful at your old school, it's hardly a guarantee at the new one (see Mustain, Mitch and Harrison Beck). Sure there's your Ryan Mallet (different situation) and Jevon Snead and Sam Keller (also different situation), but I can't think of any place where Cody has a better shot at becoming the future QB than here, really. Unless he wants to take a step down in level of competition.

He very well could take a step down if he felt like he would get more PT.

If you get beat out by a kid who wasn't even recruited to play quarterback, than that is all on you.

That said, I'm not putting anything into these rumors. The first day of school someone on here posted that they heard Cody Green wasn't in class because he was thinking about transferring.

I have a class with him, and he's never missed a day.

• Fire 1

If you get beat out by a kid who wasn't even recruited to play quarterback, than that is all on you.

First, I agree that this rumor is bullcrap.

Second, Martinez was certianly recruited as a QB first. The coaches knew he could play another position if it didn't work out at QB.

It's a little early to think about that. If he really is then he won't have the right mindset to compete so I hope this isn't the case. I don't think it is. He started two games last year. Only Lee has more game experience than he does. So what if he starts out 3rd (don't know) on the chart this season. It's a long season. Plus let's say he doesn't play...could always get that redshirt year back. He's got the build and raw skills just give him time to mature.

First, I agree that this rumor is bullcrap.

Second, Martinez was certianly recruited as a QB first. The coaches knew he could play another position if it didn't work out at QB.

thank you, i dont know why people seem to think that he was not recruited as a qb. i was about ready to say the same thing but you hit the nail on the head sir.