Niles Paul

The Snork

How many games like this do fans need to see before they realize that this is just who Niles Paul is, a VERY inconsistent football player.

speaking for myslef at least it is more denial than not realizing it. I want to think that Paul will turn it on and play consistantly, it is mainly the petential and talent that make me think he will. I hope my denial pays off and Paul plays lights out the rest of the season

I'm sorry but this is getting to be an old overplayed joke. Niles this Niles that, sit him overrated and on and on. Are a lot of you serious? Yes he has put the ball on the turf here and there, but so does Adrian Peterson and do you hear the lynch mobs out for him? Yes the ISU one last year was bad and I can admit I cussed about it for a while, but all of his others have happenend while he is trying to make something happen and turn a small gain into a big one(ain't that what we all want). Then people like to bring up the Tech game. How many other Huskers went after that ball thinking it was a fumble, not the other two Huskers that were by Niles that stood there as well, hell no one really chased the guy as they thought it was an incomplete pass. Then there's the drops. Hell every WR drops more balls that they should have caught and are quick to admit it.

I'm sorry but Niles IS our deep threat at WR, punt returner, and should be back on KO's. I know I am not the only one that has a feeling Niles can take any punt or kick to the house. He is a PLAYMAKER, most devastating blocker on the perimenter, and toughest WR matchup we will present any opponent.

As for today his fumble, was actually on the RB on that play too. Both were trying to take the ball. He didn't have a hold that wipped out a TD, that was Kinnie, Niles probably would've put the DB on his butt. And finally the muffed punt. It looks a lot easier to do from the stands. I'd love to see any of you focus on a ball coming down to ya dancing with the wind while 185-250 pound guys are runnning at you full speed expecting to destroy you. Yeah you might try to sneak a peek or two or three to make sure you live.

In closing, tear my post a part as you will but show me someone better at WR. And for those who will shout out Kinnie, how many TD's does he have again.

I'm sorry but this is getting to be an old overplayed joke. Niles this Niles that, sit him overrated and on and on. Are a lot of you serious? Yes he has put the ball on the turf here and there, but so does Adrian Peterson and do you hear the lynch mobs out for him? Yes the ISU one last year was bad and I can admit I cussed about it for a while, but all of his others have happenend while he is trying to make something happen and turn a small gain into a big one(ain't that what we all want). Then people like to bring up the Tech game. How many other Huskers went after that ball thinking it was a fumble, not the other two Huskers that were by Niles that stood there as well, hell no one really chased the guy as they thought it was an incomplete pass. Then there's the drops. Hell every WR drops more balls that they should have caught and are quick to admit it.

I'm sorry but Niles IS our deep threat at WR, punt returner, and should be back on KO's. I know I am not the only one that has a feeling Niles can take any punt or kick to the house. He is a PLAYMAKER, most devastating blocker on the perimenter, and toughest WR matchup we will present any opponent.

As for today his fumble, was actually on the RB on that play too. Both were trying to take the ball. He didn't have a hold that wipped out a TD, that was Kinnie, Niles probably would've put the DB on his butt. And finally the muffed punt. It looks a lot easier to do from the stands. I'd love to see any of you focus on a ball coming down to ya dancing with the wind while 185-250 pound guys are runnning at you full speed expecting to destroy you. Yeah you might try to sneak a peek or two or three to make sure you live.

In closing, tear my post a part as you will but show me someone better at WR. And for those who will shout out Kinnie, how many TD's does he have again.

How many did Paul have in his first two years again?

And who in their right mind would count his frosh year that primarily was burned for special teams only? And who would you say this year is a Swift/Peterson duo that would take the lions share of the receptions? That would be like Tray Robinson getting touches with Rex and Roy. My point is for those who beat Niles down, what are the other proven options.

And who in their right mind would count his frosh year that primarily was burned for special teams only? And who would you say this year is a Swift/Peterson duo that would take the lions share of the receptions? That would be like Tray Robinson getting touches with Rex and Roy. My point is for those who beat Niles down, what are the other proven options.

McNeil. He should have had a touchdown catch today if Martinez had thrown the ball better.

Kinnie has also looked good in these first couple of games. He just isn't being given a lot of shots down field.

McNeil. He should have had a touchdown catch today if Martinez had thrown the ball better.

Kinnie has also looked good in these first couple of games. He just isn't being given a lot of shots down field.

Enhance, nothing but respect for ya, and 98% of the time I agree with ya, but McNiell as a WR hasn't really proven anything(i agree he would have waltzed into the endzone and had a nice catch on the ball thrown behind him) other than he is doing exactly what he did as a TE. Kinnie has ran maybe two routes longer than 15 yards in the first two games, great possession receiver not a deep threat.

Think of the Baylor catch last year, the ISU catch(yes he dropped the ball eventually), the KU game, and the Big XII championship. Niles is the deeo threat, we thought maybe Curenski would be it, then A Bell maybe, and yet neither has Gilmore's trust, so really there is no one.

Niles Paul = Terrance Nunn.

Superb athlete. Has a habit of making incredibly bonehead plays/turnovers/penalties at the most inopportune times. Both have ego's the size of Memorial Stadium. God doesn't like cocky people. Maybe the fumbles, drops, penalties, etc are God's way of trying to get Paul to be more humble. Not working very good...

In closing. Offense looks explosive, but we have to take these two wins w/a grain of salt. 1st test is Saturday. We'll have an idea of what to expect come K-stink and Texa$$ games in October.

My prediction - NU 27 Washington 17

Enhance, nothing but respect for ya, and 98% of the time I agree with ya, but McNiell as a WR hasn't really proven anything(i agree he would have waltzed into the endzone and had a nice catch on the ball thrown behind him) other than he is doing exactly what he did as a TE. Kinnie has ran maybe two routes longer than 15 yards in the first two games, great possession receiver not a deep threat.

Think of the Baylor catch last year, the ISU catch(yes he dropped the ball eventually), the KU game, and the Big XII championship. Niles is the deeo threat, we thought maybe Curenski would be it, then A Bell maybe, and yet neither has Gilmore's trust, so really there is no one.

I can agree with you on that. As far as proven guys go, he isn't really proven at WR. But, McNeil had a really good year at tight end in 2008 and he has a ton of potential. His problem more or less is the guy throwing to him: a redshirt freshman not experienced in the passing game. McNeil just has the potential to be good at WR because of his size and knowledge of the passing game.

In regards to Nile, don't forget the catch against Arizona. That was a great touchdown on his part.

Either way, Niles Paul is our best proven playmaker at WR, but I think Kinnie and McNeil have potential to be really good this year once Martinez settles into the passing game. That will probably take him awhile though. Running is obviously his comfort zone.

Kinnie has a hold on a TD play. Should he sit too?

That was a horrible call as well as the pass interference on Gomes in the south endzone.

Paul is a great player but he's got to get his head straight and focus on tucking in the ball. Two games and he already has 2 fumbles, not a great start on his senior year. He's plagued us in the past with fumbles and it looks like he hasn't changed. Kid needs to start protecting that ball. Maybe he should play a FULL game w/ no gloves like he did in the 2nd half against Mizzou last year.