Denard Robinson where Tmart could be?

WYHusk

Is he faster or as fast as Robinson?

After watching the Mich-ND game yesterday, I think Martinez is faster, or at least more explosive. Really, I thought both Michigan and Notre Dame looked pretty slow compared to Nebraska.

there is no way Taylor is faster or more explosive than Denard Robinson. Yes he is an excellent athlete, there is no discounting that, but he is nowhere close to the athlete Denard Robinson is. As far as who is the better Quarterback, at this point I believe the edge still goes to Robinson. Sure, he is a Rodriguez system guy, I'm not debating that at all, but two games into the season he is the clear cut most value player in the country. No other team relies more on any player than Michigan does on Robinson, and he continues to produce in an exponential fashion. Which consequently makes him very deserving of the Heisman praise bestowed upon him thus far. As for Taylor, this week will prove alot as he goes head to head with Locker, but against an average Washington defense.

They say Robinson runs a 4.3 and I think he may be a smidge quicker than El Matador(the fox guys were calling him that yesterday and I like it a lot better than Magic). Robinson at this point probably is a better passer. Argue as you may about the plays called for him to throw, but they ain't that much different than the 5-8 stop and end routes that Taylor throws the majority of the time.

When we got against better competition the next couple of weeks hopefully I will change my tune, but Robinson has played the better teams and I am not afraid to admit the guy is a SUPERFREAK!!! STUD, tate who? And I despise Michigan

Im not trying to be a downer but Martinez hasnt really proven anything yet. He looks like he will be a major stud for us but who knows? Remember, Idahos defense gave up a lot of points last year. Also, kentucky had 38 points at half against WKU I believe. Robinson has played against better defenses than Martinez. Right now, Robinson looks a little faster and a better qb at this point and is definately more valuable to his team. Hopefully Martinez will dominate against good defenses so that ill change my tune!

Right now Robinson is on a whole different level than T M. A better comparison would be with Illinois Freshman QB. Sheelhause. I cannot believe that after last years dominance of the Sunbelt Schools by Lee, that fans would fall into the same trap after wins over programs that are paid to come here and take a lickin. Kentucky is not going to be a power and handled WKU with more ease than we did. Huge difference going against Notre Dame than our opponents, regardless of NDs fall from the elite. NU and T M will get there first chance to play a bcs school. Nothing can be projected from our first two games anymore than was the case last year. If we don't take better care of the ball and do better in the red zone, the result won't be the same "big win" as our first two games.

After watching the Mich-ND game yesterday, I think Martinez is faster, or at least more explosive. Really, I thought both Michigan and Notre Dame looked pretty slow compared to Nebraska.

there is no way Taylor is faster or more explosive than Denard Robinson. Yes he is an excellent athlete, there is no discounting that, but he is nowhere close to the athlete Denard Robinson is. As far as who is the better Quarterback, at this point I believe the edge still goes to Robinson. Sure, he is a Rodriguez system guy, I'm not debating that at all, but two games into the season he is the clear cut most value player in the country. No other team relies more on any player than Michigan does on Robinson, and he continues to produce in an exponential fashion. Which consequently makes him very deserving of the Heisman praise bestowed upon him thus far. As for Taylor, this week will prove alot as he goes head to head with Locker, but against an average Washington defense.

He sure is for the initial 10 yd burst. Tmart is at warp nine in about four steps.....

Right now Robinson is on a whole different level than T M. A better comparison would be with Illinois Freshman QB. Sheelhause. I cannot believe that after last years dominance of the Sunbelt Schools by Lee, that fans would fall into the same trap after wins over programs that are paid to come here and take a lickin. Kentucky is not going to be a power and handled WKU with more ease than we did. Huge difference going against Notre Dame than our opponents, regardless of NDs fall from the elite. NU and T M will get there first chance to play a bcs school. Nothing can be projected from our first two games anymore than was the case last year. If we don't take better care of the ball and do better in the red zone, the result won't be the same "big win" as our first two games.

Speed and burst do not change based on the opponent though. Although I'm a long way from crowning TM as a great all-around QB, you can see there is a special running talent there.

He sure is for the initial 10 yd burst. Tmart is at warp nine in about four steps.....

Taylor might (MIGHT) have Denard beat on the burst, but Denard definitely has better top speed.

The clip doesn't show Martinez making many cuts so I don't know if he can change direction as fast as Robinson, which was the key behind a lot of his speed that most of our defenders were in the wrong direction, or couldn't get off blocks. Also DRob's throws were fairly vanilla, which makes sense because we didn't guard the WR screens out in flats. So, we need more information obv.

Good points, all. I think someone said that Robinson is Michigan's whole offense, whereas we have a few other weapons. Along those lines, I wonder when Bo is going to turn a whole game over to Tmart, not sharing time with Cody Green ...?

I also thought Michigan and ND looked very slow. Going to be fun in the B10 next year against plodders like that, me thinks.

Roy Roundtree is on the Biletnikoff Award Watch List

The big advantage for Martinez is the emphasis on detail by him and the backs. The fakes on them read plays, and carrying out of the fakes by both taylor and the rex/roy/dontrey. are incredibly. On Taylor's first touchdown run, BOTH the lb and de crashed down on Roy, while it seemed like the rest of d were already corraling on him. by the time they figured out taylor had the ball, it was too late. I dont care how good or fast of a defense you have, when our guys are playing and carrying out fakes like that, no one's gonna stop it when they have to sit to figure out who has the ball, or guess at who has the ball.

I showed a friend the highlight of Taylor's 67 yard run. He swore up and down that ball was given to the RB. I had to rewind it a couple times and point out Taylor was number 3 and our QB. My buddy was extremely buzzed but you get my point. Taylor does a great job on hiding the ball and then exploding through the open hole.

2010 season through 2 games he has 885 total yards. He has more total yards than 88 D1-A teams.

and that is why he does not make it through the season. we will see if he is racking up the yards on the ground like he is now when they enter big 10 play. either he sits in the pocket more or hands off more on the zone-read, option plays, or tate forcier is forced to finish the season.