Sellout Streak

Is this the post that can tell me how many of the actors on Bonanza wore a hair piece? I once remember Johnny Carson saying to Michael Landon- 4 men living together and none of you were gay? Landon- no but good thing Hop Sing was.

Carnac says "Husker by 10"... drum roll... opens the envelope "how many pages will this post grow by midnight".

Is this the post that can tell me how many of the actors on Bonanza wore a hair piece? I once remember Johnny Carson saying to Michael Landon- 4 men living together and none of you were gay? Landon- no but good thing Hop Sing was.

Carnac says "Husker by 10"... drum roll... opens the envelope "how many pages will this post grow by midnight".

:laughpound

Im not reading all 7 pages but i will interject my opinion. For a long time i wondered about the sellout streak. It seemed to me at the time that sellout was when there wasnt an empty seat in the house. To me if you sold out all seats or at least 99% of all seats would be filled. Instead the stadium is sold out because every ticket is sold but that doesnt guarantee a butt is going to be sitting there. Its kinda like a dirty little half truth if you ask me. Yes im happy that all our tickets get sold. But how do you feel that the 300 sellout streak is one of the great highlights of our program, but in actuality not all seats are filled. That was what HuskerFowler (RIP) was getting at. It was his opinion and sorta mine that if you have a passionate fanbase that everyone would be diggin there claws to get into the stadium. I dont know how places like Penn State or Michigan do it, maybe its the same way. At least thats what i always thought how it worked when i heard sellout. Which is why i also thought it was impossible to get into the stadium for a game ever because hey everyone wants a ticket. I got my tickets for 20 bucks each last year so i know that guy had 1 extra ticket before kickoff. Call it what you want i guess, this thread has gone off the scale. Let the sellout continue and GBR.

If a thread in a football forum loses its football relevance, its reason for existing goes away.

I agree.

I slipped and twisted my ankle this afternoon at lunch (on pop, or coffee, or maybe tea. no wait, I think it was chocolate milk) and I will not be able to use my ticket at Saturday's game. Can anybody tell me if me not being there this weekend will mean that our streak will end? What if I give it to a friend, will that count? If not, I may have to get my wheelchair out and get to it.

If a thread in a football forum loses its football relevance, its reason for existing goes away.

I agree.

I slipped and twisted my ankle this afternoon at lunch (on pop, or coffee, or maybe tea. no wait, I think it was chocolate milk) and I will not be able to use my ticket at Saturday's game. Can anybody tell me if me not being there this weekend will mean that our streak will end? What if I give it to a friend, will that count? If not, I may have to get my wheelchair out and get to it.

...and does the streak end when the bathrooms at memorial stadium are full? and then start up again when they're empty?

I agree.

You can just give me the ticket man........ that way we can keep this streak ROLLIN. :bonez

I'll start it with my perfect scenario: Gomes pick-6. How sweet would that be to both quiet the stadium and scare the hell out of Locker.

GBR

No, your wrong. Your wrong because we will get the ball first, and Burkhead will tear off a long one for a TD

You're both wrong. Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass. Martinez motions Paul into motion then takes the direct snap and hands it off to Paul and then Paul flips it to.........wait for it.............Zac Lee. Lee then throws it down field to Crouch Martinez for the first TD.

Every single one of you is wrong. Niles Paul takes the opening kick 99yds for a TD. On the ensuing kick-off, Wash fumbles it on the 15 after the runner is complete annilat...oblite....completely smashed into the turf by Martin. Marlowe picks it up for another quick TD. 14 points in less than a minute

you are so wrong. your name must be ron because your put the ron in wRONg. marlowe scores the first td on a kick return to open the game. 7-0 with 14:48 left in the first quarter.

I'll start it with my perfect scenario: Gomes pick-6. How sweet would that be to both quiet the stadium and scare the hell out of Locker.

GBR

No, your wrong. Your wrong because we will get the ball first, and Burkhead will tear off a long one for a TD

You're both wrong. Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass. Martinez motions Paul into motion then takes the direct snap and hands it off to Paul and then Paul flips it to.........wait for it.............Zac Lee. Lee then throws it down field to Crouch Martinez for the first TD.

Every single one of you is wrong. Niles Paul takes the opening kick 99yds for a TD. On the ensuing kick-off, Wash fumbles it on the 15 after the runner is complete annilat...oblite....completely smashed into the turf by Martin. Marlowe picks it up for another quick TD. 14 points in less than a minute

you are so wrong. your name must be ron because your put the ron in wRONg. marlowe scores the first td on a kick return to open the game. 7-0 with 14:48 left in the first quarter.

So, if we score with 14:48 left in the game, and half of the Husky fans get upset and leave, is our sellout streak in jeopardy?

If we have 25-30K Husker fans in the Husky stadium, can that really be a sellout?

ok so i will change the question....will it ever end if not against SDSU then will it ever 500 600 1000?

Of course it will end. Some day the Sun will exhaust its fuel and begin to slough off its coronal exterior. As more mass is consumed the sun's diameter will swell, enveloping the orbits of both Mercury and Venus. The Moon will be pulled from Earth orbit and plunge into the sun, and eventually the sun will go nova, obliterating itself and Earth, Mars and Jupiter.

At that point, the sellout streak will likely end. But I'm not guaranteeing it.

This has me laughing so hard I'm crying.

We made it through the BC years without losing the streak. The only way it will end is if we expand the stadium too much.