Bo Pelini is a Punk

Imagine walking down the sidewalk and Bo busts right into your shoulder as he walks in the opposite direction. I relish at the thought of what Bo would do if I immediately turned around and shouted "Wattup Punk!? There's plenty of room here! Quit bein' such a punk and grow up!"

It all makes sense to me. Washington fans know this game is probably a loss, and they need a reason to be loud and boisterous.

I will say this though: broadcasters and radio personalities in sports don't move up the ladder by calling out prominent coaching figures like this. You lose a ton of respect in the news world for saying things like this.

I will say this though: broadcasters and radio personalities in sports don't move up the ladder by calling out prominent coaching figures like this. You lose a ton of respect in the news world for saying things like this.

I think the last decade of sports "reporting" shows this statement to be false. Doing whatever it takes to get readers/viewers/listeners has trumped quality and accuracy quite thoroughly.

I personally wish what you said was true though.

I think the last decade of sports "reporting" shows this statement to be false. Doing whatever it takes to get readers/viewers/listeners has trumped quality and accuracy quite thoroughly.

you might be right, but there is a difference from being controversial and making absurd calls, and straight up calling out a head coach over a harmless remark.

you might be right, but there is a difference from being controversial and making absurd calls, and straight up calling out a head coach over a harmless remark.

No disagreement there. But I better their website hits skyrocketed and they've gotten tons of angry Husker fan e-mails and comments, which all look good to bosses and advertisers.

No disagreement there. But I better their website hits skyrocketed and they've gotten tons of angry Husker fan e-mails and comments, which all look good to bosses and advertisers.

and washington fans. i am sure the hometown fans eat that type of stuff up. it is just a little busch league, a little too classless. but you are right, it gets ratings. i look at jay "missy misdemeanor" mariotti as the guy who is controversial and uses it to gain ratings, and i think this would be even below him. he is just contentious, that guy was just lame.

"by Bo Pelini? He has no Idea Man. Not gonna take that I assume"." Actually Bo Pelini has every idea and knows from experience what playing in Husky Stadium is like. and actually you out there in Husky land, you are going to take it! Take it hard and nasty. So hard in fact you'll be pulling the grass out of your crack and trying to adjust to playing football while looking out of your ear hole. :)

Notice this all served as a segway to the Storm's game in the WNBA finals. Which is the ONLY thing people in Seattle or the state of Washington for that matter will have to cheer about this year. This was just a ploy to get fans pissed off about something so they would be plenty mad when the Storm Play Atlanta. w00t! Go storm!