Cy's Amazingly Accurate Picks of the Week

Kansas once again has foiled my perfect record as Turner and his buddy Chuck continue to hold a personal vindetta against me that happened a long time ago. So long ago that I can't even remember what it was. Since it's personal and not professional though, it doesn't count against my record which is, therefore, perfect.

Kansas at Southern Miss - I once knew a southern miss. She was quite fiesty. So was her husband when he realized his wife was guilty of an illegal subsitution with some illegal motion in the backfield thrown in for good measure. She probably wouldn't have been much good on the football field but she was much more fun to watch than Southern Miss, the football team. This game pretty much depends on which team I pick to win it so I'm going to say Southern Miss. Congratulations on your second win Turner... <_<

Winner - Southern Miss

Iowa State at Kansas State - actually, the game is being held in Missouri but Iowa State has to lose as the visitors this year after having lost as the home team last year. Let it not be said that Iowa State is not an equal opportunity loser. ISU was crushed by Iowa last week which demonstrated not how good Iowa was, but how bad Iowa State is. Want to see a runner go over 500 yards in a game in your lifetime? Tune in to this game and watch Iowa State's defense do it's award winning imitation of swiss cheese.

Winner - Kansas State

Hawaii at Colorado - Colorado lost big to California last week but that wasn't good enough for Hawkins. He wants to make sure that the Buffs get beat by a team even further west than that. Perhaps instead of taking on Hawaii, he should have looked further west and taken on Guam or the University of Japan or somebody like that. The Pac 10 bottom feeders are already remodeling the conference cellar in Colorado team colors.

Winner - Hawaii

Nebraska at Washington - Quite a few pundits are saying how much trouble the Huskers are going to have with Washington because of their over-hyped quarterback. Well, let's see if these football geniuses know the answer to this question. What does the name of the 2010 Oscar winner for Best Picture and Nebraska's 2010 defensive game plan against Washington have in common? Uh huh...nuff said.

Winner - Nebraska

Air Force at Oklahoma - Stoops finally got his troops to get their act together last weekend so they should be able to pound Air Force. Nothing really amusing to say about this game as I really don't care.

Winner - Oklahoma

Baylor at TCU - It must suck to play all these in-state rivalry games if you're a Baylor player. Hell...just being a Baylor player probably sucks. You almost have to ask what these people did to so offend God that not only are they stuck in Waco but also in the South conference where they are constantly pummeled by bigger and better in-state rivals. God apparently does not care much for Baylor. He seems to prefer the other christian school.

Winner - TCU

Tulsa at Oklahoma State - See the entry for Baylor above and substitute Tulsa for Baylor...leaving out all the religious jargon of course...

Winner - Oklahoma State

Florida International at Texas A&M - Last year Nebraska was the Sun Belt champion. This year Texas A&M is going for the crown. When I think of the name Florida International I always picture a bunch of Indian and Japanese kids studying to be doctors. Of course that's not right but hopefully there are a few in the student body because they will need them after this game.

Winner - Texas A&M

San Diego State at Missouri - Bwahahahaha...uh...Bwahahahah. What? Okoboji State busy this weekend? Creighton Prep turn you down for a game? Geez....

Winner - Missouri

Texas at Texas Tech - I hate to pick against my old buddy and coach Mack Brown but I think Tuberville has things going on at Texas Tech. Plus Mack could never remember my name and called me Stu. It's Texas Tech's turn...and anyway, both of them get to beat the crap out of Iowa State this year so the best I can hope for is either a pissed off Texas Tech or a pissed off Texas beating the crap out of us. I'd rather face a pissed off Texas because Mack Brown's head turns bright red when he's mad.

Winner - Texas Tech

That's it for this week. Feel free to disagree with any of my picks, thereby proving you are a football ignoramus... <_<

• Fire 8

Just ran across these numbers at the NCAA stats page. For all the hype, Locker isn't that much different than Ganzy was back in the day.

2008 Joe Ganz - 285/420; 3,568 yds; 11 INT; 25 TD; 67.9% Comp;

2009 Jake Locker - 230/394; 2,800 yds; 11 INT; 21 TD; 58.4% Comp;

Throw Locker's mind into Ganz and you don't have an NFL quarterback. Throw Ganz' mind into Locker and you've got a great quarterback. Locker is getting all this attention because of his frame.

Not so fast on that Aztec bashing. They got the offensive talent to win that game

Yeah, but Mizzou has even more offensive talent. And probably better special teams too. Not sure of either teams' defense. SDSU over MU would be a pretty big upset - the line has MU favored by 14.

If Mizzou doesn't win by at least two touchdowns, I'll be truly amazed.

Not so fast on that Aztec bashing. They got the offensive talent to win that game

Yeah, but Mizzou has even more offensive talent. And probably better special teams too. Not sure of either teams' defense. SDSU over MU would be a pretty big upset - the line has MU favored by 14.

If Mizzou doesn't win by at least two touchdowns, I'll be truly amazed.

Never mis-underestimate Gary Pinkel's ability to coach his way out of a win!

Just ran across these numbers at the NCAA stats page. For all the hype, Locker isn't that much different than Ganzy was back in the day.

2008 Joe Ganz - 285/420; 3,568 yds; 11 INT; 25 TD; 67.9% Comp;

2009 Jake Locker - 230/394; 2,800 yds; 11 INT; 21 TD; 58.4% Comp;

Throw Locker's mind into Ganz and you don't have an NFL quarterback. Throw Ganz' mind into Locker and you've got a great quarterback. Locker is getting all this attention because of his frame.

locker, sark, and uwub are just media darlings. NU is not. just the way things are. :moreinteresting