Stadium Expansion

I wish they would bring back the "Huskers" across the court. This design is just boring. This was the best:

90court.jpg

Oh please no.

It's a solid enough design. Only difference I would have made would have been getting rid of the curves, and letting the red surrounding the court extend all the way to the edges.

The "N" seems a bit enormous, no?

Have you watched college basketball over the last few years? Giant midcourt logos is all the rage.

erwin_center_july09_8001.jpg

5150177568_2210c29192_o.jpg

clemson_basketball_court-9931.jpg

court_1024x768.jpg

texasambasketball.jpg

Also, nice pics as usual Knapp.

• Fire 1

Red is a much more powerful color than all of those logo's though. And with as big as the logo is/will be, it is overpowering and even distracting imo.

I think we could get away with having that large of a logo, but I think if we do, it should be the skinny N that is on the side of the football helmets.

Another cloudy day - terrible lighting for these pics. I could probably work some magic in photoshop, but sadly, I have no time for digital heroics. Here's the Stadium, including a bonus shot from inside:

The stadium from NE and SE.

DSCF4193.jpg

DSCF4210.jpg

I like these pillars. I wish I was a better photographer so I could do something with these that really popped.

DSCF4199.jpg

One of the workers waiting for another concrete form to be lifted up.

DSCF4191.jpg

These are some of the recreated seals from the original 1923 stadium. I like that they brought these out. It provides throughput from the old to the new. Good idea, folks.

DSCF4198.jpg

DSCF4197.jpg

DSCF4196.jpg

Large pic from field level inside the stadium:

DSCF4205.jpg

• Fire 5

The light got really bad when I got over to the Arena, so these are crap.

From the NE. I took two shots so you could hopefully see something. They've got almost the entire roof done, so that inner light that helped show the superstructure so well is gone now.

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4221.jpg

A couple of shots of the Arena from the SE. I like the profile of this building so far.

DSCF4225.jpg

DSCF4223.jpg

From the SW, at about 5th & Q. I think I did a good job of capturing the raw emotion of the steamroller in this one. Pullitzer photo, right here.

DSCF4231.jpg

The front and back of that building going up across the street, to the south, of the Arena. I'm pretty sure someone said earlier in the thread this is the new home for all the Victoria's Secret models or something. They're going to have a lot of space to sashay around in their unmentionables.

DSCF4222.jpg

DSCF4233.jpg

Looking south from 5th & Q on Arena Drive. They've got some of the paving done on N Street for the tie-in to this. I'd expect this street to be open by the first of the year, although I have no idea how long it takes concrete road beds to fully set.

DSCF4235.jpg

• Fire 2

Surely a worker has snapped a pic of the field from the upper deck. I want season tickets there but I'm curious how the view is from that high.

I heard every seats equipped with 100% oxygen tank port ;). Seriously, in OU upper deck stadium without binoculars, the players on the football field view are smaller than ants and too small jersey numbers. I think NU stadium expansion was slightly higher than OU. Afraid heights??

Now I wish they would have wrapped the club seats, skyboxes, and some upper deck around to North and South Stadium, similar to Soldier Field. Not on such a massive scale but something to draw the stadium together. Could have been really unique looking. But it may have been pushing a 100k capacity. Oh well, maybe in 2020!