Stadium Expansion

The sun rose this morning, so I thought I'd go take some more pictures of the stadium. This *should be* the final pics I take with the construction cranes in place. One of the workers told me they're taking these things down Wednesday, so next week, when I take pics, we should have an unobstructed view of the whole thing.

A few shots of the final parts of the facade needing to be filled in.

DSCF4263.jpg

DSCF4265.jpg

DSCF4267.jpg

DSCF4271.jpg

From all the way across the parking lot on the east side, next to 14th street, giving us an overall view of the behemoth.

DSCF4274.jpg

Went over to the parking garage at 14th & Salt Valley Roadway and got this pic.

DSCF4275.jpg

From ground level at the Ed Weir Track.

DSCF4279.jpg

• Fire 2

Finally, some general interest shots I took while out this AM.

People have been asking about Barry's. Here it is in all its glory, refurbished and open for business.

DSCF4261.jpg

The West Haymarket area from the south. I didn't have time to go up on the O Street overpass, so this is the next best thing.

DSCF4293.jpg

This is the new building across the street to the south of the Arena. I think this is the new home for the "Fire Bo Pelini" fanclub or something.

DSCF4290.jpg

Here are a few pics of Arena Drive, which is nearly completely paved now. Notice the tourist driving on the closed street in the one pic.

From the north, facing southwest. The Haymarket Overpass shadow is to the lower left of this shot.

DSCF4288.jpg

This is looking north from 5th & Q.

DSCF4302.jpg

Looking north from 5th & N.

DSCF4295.jpg

This is our good friend HuskerTrucker, whom I ran into while running around the stadium. Nice truck, man!

DSCF4282.jpg

• Fire 2