Stadium Expansion

Both cranes are down now. The north crane is entirely gone, while just the tower of the south crane remains. Most of the facade is put up, with the remainder left open so they can bring in the large interior equipment, according to my construction crew source. They'll have a decent-sized crane on site for the remainder of the winter, but once they get the majority of the big pieces in, they're taking out all cranes and clean-up of the site can begin.

It was super-cold out there, so not many pics today.

First up, the remainder of the south crane tower:

DSCF4383.jpg

This is the behemoth that's taking down the construction cranes:

DSCF4382.jpg

The south face of the edition:

DSCF4389.jpg

The whole north side. Does this pic make you warm-weather Huskers cold?

DSCF4384.jpg

A wide shot of the whole structure from in front of M&N:

DSCF4377.jpg

• Fire 4

Now the Arena and environs. First up, Stadium Drive in all its cold, cold glory from where it merges with Salt Creek Roadway:

DSCF4397.jpg

DSCF4395.jpg

Looking north along Stadium Drive at the O Street Overpass:

DSCF4402.jpg

Stadium Drive at Q & Stadium Drive, looking north past the Arena:

DSCF4407.jpg

This is the new building going up south of the Arena. I believe this is the new world headquarters for S.P.E.C.T.R.E.:

DSCF4398.jpg

DSCF4406.jpg

And these are the only two pics I took of the Arena today. I didn't get out of the car and walk around much in the 10-degree air. Maybe if it warms up I'll go back up on the overpass and the footbridge.

DSCF4401.jpg

DSCF4404.jpg

• Fire 5

Awesome shots! Thanks for braving the cold for the rest of us!

It's even a little chilly here in Tampa today. High temp was only about 65 or so. Can't wait for things to warm up again.

On a fun note, though, it's a rare time that we get to light a fire here. That was nice, anyway.

Merry Christmas everyone!

See your breath?

You sure you are in the Tampa area?

I have, from the Weather Channel, 73 tomorrow, 75 the next day, and then back to the cooler with 65.

regardless, it is chillier than we like here in the Sunshine State.

Best wishes!

Flood

It was Clearwater, but close enough right? And I could see my breath, but probably because the humidity was something like 88%. Just one of those strange weather oddities I suppose. Now were back to the teens and single digits in good ol' Nebraskie...