Stadium Expansion

Re: Kyle Field...

$450 Million?? I mean we built an entire new stadium structure/facade/seating level and it cost $63 million. What on earth could they possibly be doing that would cost 450 million? How can that be worth it?

We also did it on just one side, in addition to the stadium. They are completely, 100% renevating the entire stadium, inside and out, in and around. There's costs not only in the renevation but in demolition as well. Seeing the drawings of what they plan to do compared to what it is now, it's really not shocking that the cost of that is so much than the cost of our addition.

What really surprises me is that you would think that 460M$ would build one HELL of a completely new stadium. I mean, Jerry World only cost a billion, with a retractable roof.

For comparison Ford Field was $430M, Lucas Oil was $700M. Both roofed arenas that host many concerts, basketball games, tons of events year round. Kyle Field is used what, 7 times a year? I'm questioning how anything they could be doing would be worth it.

But I guess their Athletic Dept makes like a $40M profit every year. Probably looking for anything to blow their money on.

For comparison Ford Field was $430M, Lucas Oil was $700M. Both roofed arenas that host many concerts, basketball games, tons of events year round. Kyle Field is used what, 7 times a year? I'm questioning how anything they could be doing would be worth it.

But I guess their Athletic Dept makes like a $40M profit every year. Probably looking for anything to blow their money on.

They use it for breakaway several Tuesday's... it's a non denominational Christian concert service type deal that draws over 10,000 students.

They also use it for high school games some and it will be used for other events as well. But yes... $450,000,000 is a lot of money. Texas A&M is almost like a cult... the reason I say that is because aggies have so many traditions it is hard to keep track. Aggies hire aggies for jobs... and often times only aggies... people down here will go there to college because of its known alumni network and how strong it is. They have a lot of successful alumni with loyal donor contributions on top of their athletic profits. I wouldn't be surprised if they have received a hundred million in donations alone. I also wouldn't be surprised if they raise ticket prices to help make up for the cost. They do have a long waiting list for tickets and with them doing so well they could easily get higher prices over the next few years.

So I looked on my account on huskers.com and it looks like our seats have been moved over to the new section on the east side almost at the top but we are excited! Has there been a drawing of what the insides of the new addition will look like? I am assuming there will be new bathrooms and concession stands in there for the people even clear up high like myself. Will there be escalators etc to get people in and out? Hopefully the access will be better than it is for the north stadium up high!

Where did you look to find this info? I logged into my account and couldn't even find that I have seats this year.

So I looked on my account on huskers.com and it looks like our seats have been moved over to the new section on the east side almost at the top but we are excited! Has there been a drawing of what the insides of the new addition will look like? I am assuming there will be new bathrooms and concession stands in there for the people even clear up high like myself. Will there be escalators etc to get people in and out? Hopefully the access will be better than it is for the north stadium up high!

Where did you look to find this info? I logged into my account and couldn't even find that I have seats this year.

You have to log into your account and then from there it was wierd to actually find it. I clicked on renew my donation and it showed what I had paid in terms of the donation and below it showed my seats, which were different from what they had been so I looked where they were and they were part of the new section. I just checked before writing back and I cannot find it again either. I really wish huskers.com and your account information was easier to access information it seems hard to find information on that site IMO.

I also noticed last week that my tix were moved and noticed the info went missing. (I'm guessing it wasn't supposed to be showing officially yet). Good news is it looks like the tickets are showing again! If it helps any, I've been using the donor website instead of logging into huskers.com first.

Elevator worker that is working on new addition told me that things are stacking up a bit and that total project is behind schedule. How this will relate to opening day, I am not sure? I would think they will go on a 24 hr a day, multi-shift, additional workers type effort to accomplish everything so all would be good to go by then. That's the word I got though, anyone else hear they are behind schedule?

Elevator worker that is working on new addition told me that things are stacking up a bit and that total project is behind schedule. How this will relate to opening day, I am not sure? I would think they will go on a 24 hr a day, multi-shift, additional workers type effort to accomplish everything so all would be good to go by then. That's the word I got though, anyone else hear they are behind schedule?

Usually when jobs like this with a strict timeline and such, they will bring in union workers under contract and such to get it done in time. It'll be done in time one way or another.

Usually when jobs like this with a strict timeline and such, they will bring in union workers under contract and such to get it done in time. It'll be done in time one way or another.

You would sure hope so!

There is no cutting of any corners in this project, or at least it looks like to me. They are making everything look great and blending it all in with original stadium look.

i dont think i have been on many jobs where the general contractor wasnt telling the sub-contractors they were behind. and i highly doubt the completion date was anywhere close to the first game.