Stadium Expansion

Listen to how important they believe the student section is. This is something that is badly missing from Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. And, for the most part, it isn't the student's fault. I would think it would be pretty hard to believe the program wants you there chearing your head off and loud when you have the worst seats in the house. Heck most of them even have worst seats than the visitor's section.

That needs to change. Sorry to all the people sitting on the East Side 50 yard line. Heck, the middle of an endzone down low would even be better than where they are at now.

The student section was in the East Stadium when I went to UNL. I understand, monetarily, why they moved the students. But it's a shame that in our biggest games we can't have our loudest fans sitting near the action.

The problem is that against Middle Directional State the students don't show up, so you have this big gap front & center in your stadium. It's a quandary.

Really the only thing they would need to do to remedy this is to take out the bleachers in the student section. The move was propogated by the students always standing, and not only standing but standing on the bleachers. If they're standing on the cement, people behind them should still be able to see just fine, right? If that's not realistic, I'm sure there would be a practical, realistic alternative solution if they'd actually think about it. It's the student's team more than anybody elses.

I'm of the opinion that the lower level of South stadium, up until the first rails/walkway, should be students all the way across.

UN_Memorial_Field-ne.jpg

I would be all for that. And, yes, it is the student's team first.

Yes Kyle Field is going to be THE premier facility across the country... but for the next couple years we will be the brightest and most electic looking collegiate stadium.

For those of you who haven't seen the video on Kyle field...I highly recommend watching it.

- They are expanding capacity to over 102,000... the largest in the SEC.

- They will always leave 12 seats empty to represent those who died in the 1999 bonfire.

- They're lowering the field and building canopy's above each sideline to make it louder

- They're installing 12 maroon lights outside the stadium for when the team wins games.

- They will continue to have 31,000 student seats which will comprise the east side of the stadium... they're putting in a statue of 12 men to show their pride in this.

- They're developing an entire side of their stadium into a park that will be filled with historical pieces that honor past aggies.

- The west stadium is reserved for alumni and the area outside the west side will be commemorative to the a&m values.

- They're building a 3 story sports museum inside the stadium that will also feature a merchandise store.

kylefield5.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Yes Kyle Field is going to be THE premier facility across the country... but for the next couple years we will be the brightest and most electic looking collegiate stadium.

For those of you who haven't seen the video on Kyle field...I highly recommend watching it.

- They are expanding capacity to over 102,000... the largest in the SEC.

- They will always leave 12 seats empty to represent those who died in the 1999 bonfire.

- They're lowering the field and building canopy's above each sideline to make it louder

- They're installing 12 maroon lights outside the stadium for when the team wins games.

- They will continue to have 31,000 student seats which will comprise the east side of the stadium... they're putting in a statue of 12 men to show their pride in this.

- They're developing an entire side of their stadium into a park that will be filled with historical pieces that honor past aggies.

- The west stadium is reserved for alumni and the area outside the west side will be commemorative to the a&m values.

- They're building a 3 story sports museum inside the stadium that will also feature a merchandise store.

kylefield5.0_standard_709.0.jpg

They will also still be claiming fake national and conference championships.

• Fire 5

I love everything about our stadium except for the endzone seating. I don't know if they could tear some of the south out and add another steeper level or start over on that side completely, but the flatness of them is not appealing or practical whatsoever.

Nebraska's Memorial Stadium > Ohio Stadium.....From a cosmetic/looks standpoint, I don't even find the comparison to be that close....

I agree with this, but the other way around. Their stadium looks like it's one well put together piece. Ours looks like a patch job a lot of the time, although the East expansion helps a LOT.

Edit: And just before someone criticizes me or whatever, I still love Memorial and still think she's beautiful and one of the best in the country.

I love everything about our stadium except for the endzone seating. I don't know if they could tear some of the south out and add another steeper level or start over on that side completely, but the flatness of them is not appealing or practical whatsoever.

Always thought that too. The South endzone lacks height.

memorial1.jpg

I think it would be cool if we eventually lowered the field and added more seats for students, like what they are doing at texas A&M

There's not really any room.

I think he means literally move the field down, like dig a whole. A lot of stadiums are like that.

I think it would be cool if we eventually lowered the field and added more seats for students, like what they are doing at texas A&M

I think he means literally move the field down, like dig a whole. A lot of stadiums are like that.

There would be room on the sidelines but the end zone seats are almost too high already.

He knew what he meant. Try to visualize it in your head and you'll understand why there isn't enough room.

He knew what he meant. Try to visualize it in your head and you'll understand why there isn't enough room.

Damn it, I'm an idiot. I'll just sit out a couple plays.

Damn it, I'm an idiot. I'll just sit out a couple plays.

No worries. As someone said, there'd be more room to add on the sidelines if we dug the field deeper, but the problem is the sight lines from the endzones. You already can't see the whole endzone field of play if you're sitting in those stands, and it will be even worse if we go deeper. You'd literally have one fourth of the stadium not know if a pass to the back of the endzone was caught or not because they can't see it.