Stadium Expansion

I was in Lincoln a few months ago and this thing is WAYYYY bigger than it looks in the pictures. Once you get up to it you kinda go WOAH. The stadium also looks twice as big now that both sides are equally as tall. We don't realize how fortunate we are to have such huge football and basketball facilities. I've seen Baylor's, Texas Tech's, A&M's, Houston's, TCU's, OU's, Arkansas... none of those schools have as nice of basketball and football facilities combined. We really do have the top basketball facilities in the country once this thing is complete. And our football stadium, though not the biggest, has to be one of the nicest/newest giant stadiums west of the mississippi. Yes Michigan. Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, Alabama, USC/UCLA all have HUGE stadiums... but most of them are old and don't have the technology and brightness ours has. When people say it's like an NFL stadium... it truly is.

Once this thing is finished we'll have 5 video boards, 3-4 ribbon boards, 101 suites, over 4,000 club seats, and over 80,000 general seats. The only thing I think it needs now is new turf and a new sound system. At Arkansas, they roll giant boxes with subs out on the field while the players warm up to kind of psych them up. I'd like to see that with our team as well.

The Aggies are updating their football stadium to a tone of $400+ million. It will be one of the nicest when all said and done.

I was in Lincoln a few months ago and this thing is WAYYYY bigger than it looks in the pictures. Once you get up to it you kinda go WOAH. The stadium also looks twice as big now that both sides are equally as tall. We don't realize how fortunate we are to have such huge football and basketball facilities. I've seen Baylor's, Texas Tech's, A&M's, Houston's, TCU's, OU's, Arkansas... none of those schools have as nice of basketball and football facilities combined. We really do have the top basketball facilities in the country once this thing is complete. And our football stadium, though not the biggest, has to be one of the nicest/newest giant stadiums west of the mississippi. Yes Michigan. Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, Alabama, USC/UCLA all have HUGE stadiums... but most of them are old and don't have the technology and brightness ours has. When people say it's like an NFL stadium... it truly is.

Once this thing is finished we'll have 5 video boards, 3-4 ribbon boards, 101 suites, over 4,000 club seats, and over 80,000 general seats. The only thing I think it needs now is new turf and a new sound system. At Arkansas, they roll giant boxes with subs out on the field while the players warm up to kind of psych them up. I'd like to see that with our team as well.

The Aggies are updating their football stadium to a tone of $400+ million. It will be one of the nicest when all said and done.

One of? No. It will be the mecca of college football stadiums.

• Fire 1

I hate to agree, but, if done according to the rendering we've seen, this is a true statement. Kiss my ass Jerry, but your little dome wont stand a fiddle to the beauty of the renevated Kyle field.

• Fire 1

I hate to agree, but, if done according to the rendering we've seen, this is a true statement. Kiss my ass Jerry, but your little dome wont stand a fiddle to the beauty of the renevated Kyle field.

It will definitely be tops in the country for stadiums. I was down there when the refs gave us a work over and got to take a tour of the stadium. I will say that the renovations are needed.

Does anyone know the height of other tall stadiums across the country? Such as ohio stadium or kyle field?

I've heard memorial stadium's tallest height is 154 feet. Does anyone know the numbers for kyle field/ohio stadium?

KyleField.jpg

21.jpg

Don't know the answer to your question, but I'm just going to go on record and say that I really love Ohio State's stadium. The symmetry and just the "largeness" of it are really impressive and beautiful, and you've got the students right down in the action where they should be.

Still not quite sure what to think of the bricks on the east stadium.

Don't really fit the Memorial Stadium motif.

I mean, the Tom & Nancy Osborne Complex is all brick, inspired by the original fieldhouse... and the other buildings around the area on campus are brick too, are they not? I think that was the goal; combine and blend the featured elements of the area.

Still not quite sure what to think of the bricks on the east stadium.

Don't really fit the Memorial Stadium motif.

I mean, the Tom & Nancy Osborne Complex is all brick, inspired by the original fieldhouse... and the other buildings around the area on campus are brick too, are they not? I think that was the goal; combine and blend the featured elements of the area.

That was the goal, and they nailed it. I was just never a fan of it. It turned out better than I thought it would though.

I love our stadium and think it is going to be an amazing place to play and watch a football game on fall Saturdays.

Kyle Field is going to be something special too.

Link

Something else struck me though when watching the video from this link.

Listen to how important they believe the student section is. This is something that is badly missing from Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. And, for the most part, it isn't the student's fault. I would think it would be pretty hard to believe the program wants you there chearing your head off and loud when you have the worst seats in the house. Heck most of them even have worst seats than the visitor's section.

That needs to change. Sorry to all the people sitting on the East Side 50 yard line. Heck, the middle of an endzone down low would even be better than where they are at now.

Listen to how important they believe the student section is. This is something that is badly missing from Memorial Stadium in Lincoln. And, for the most part, it isn't the student's fault. I would think it would be pretty hard to believe the program wants you there chearing your head off and loud when you have the worst seats in the house. Heck most of them even have worst seats than the visitor's section.

That needs to change. Sorry to all the people sitting on the East Side 50 yard line. Heck, the middle of an endzone down low would even be better than where they are at now.

The student section was in the East Stadium when I went to UNL. I understand, monetarily, why they moved the students. But it's a shame that in our biggest games we can't have our loudest fans sitting near the action.

The problem is that against Middle Directional State the students don't show up, so you have this big gap front & center in your stadium. It's a quandary.

Does anyone know the height of other tall stadiums across the country? Such as ohio stadium or kyle field?

I've heard memorial stadium's tallest height is 154 feet. Does anyone know the numbers for kyle field/ohio stadium?

All I can say is that, having sat in the lower section of the upper most endzone seating at Kyle Field, it's WAY up there. The new edition to Memorial should be pretty close to what it's like, but I couldn't find anything about the actual height of Kyle with a quick google. Kyle needs an elevators though, it seems like you have to walk in circles for 10 minutes just to get to the upper deck.

I'm with Landlord, I've always liked the look of Ohio Stadium. Never been there though.

The student section was in the East Stadium when I went to UNL. I understand, monetarily, why they moved the students. But it's a shame that in our biggest games we can't have our loudest fans sitting near the action.

The problem is that against Middle Directional State the students don't show up, so you have this big gap front & center in your stadium. It's a quandary.

Really the only thing they would need to do to remedy this is to take out the bleachers in the student section. The move was propogated by the students always standing, and not only standing but standing on the bleachers. If they're standing on the cement, people behind them should still be able to see just fine, right? If that's not realistic, I'm sure there would be a practical, realistic alternative solution if they'd actually think about it. It's the student's team more than anybody elses.

I'm of the opinion that the lower level of South stadium, up until the first rails/walkway, should be students all the way across.

UN_Memorial_Field-ne.jpg

Not related to the rest of my tOSU hate, I am not that big of fan of their stadium.

I think their facade looks very "industrial" and lacks character. The picture above just looks like a plain, white figure. Those columns and other features could have been made really cool.

ohio-stadium-kk.jpg

I think we executed better.

WURUGDDWRWVBXRO.20090927050143.jpg

The brick accents and trim add much more character.

dsc05543c.jpg