Stadium Expansion

So overall I am a traditionalist and all but what if we thought outside of the box in terms of something different on the field. I have always thought the eye of the tiger that fades out at mid field at LSU was pretty cool or the checkered endzones in Tennessee? Those are just a couple of ideas but I am sure there is something out there that could put us more cutting edge. We have always been cutting edge in terms of technology, weight room, nutrition etc but seem to have fallen off in that respect. There needs to be a balance of tradition while still keeping up with the times and staying "cool" in the eyes of modern kids. Just an idea?!?!

When it comes to technology and cutting-edge things, Nebraska has always been one of the leaders. I just wish people were more open to stylistic changes like you are talking about. I couldn't believe that they approved the alternate unis that we wore last year, so maybe things are starting to loosen up a little bit.

The department might ease up alot more with Eichorst now being the AD instead of TO. while TO did great great things for husker athletics, I think he was kind of old school when it came to alternate uniforms for the football team.

So overall I am a traditionalist and all but what if we thought outside of the box in terms of something different on the field. I have always thought the eye of the tiger that fades out at mid field at LSU was pretty cool or the checkered endzones in Tennessee? Those are just a couple of ideas but I am sure there is something out there that could put us more cutting edge. We have always been cutting edge in terms of technology, weight room, nutrition etc but seem to have fallen off in that respect. There needs to be a balance of tradition while still keeping up with the times and staying "cool" in the eyes of modern kids. Just an idea?!?!

When it comes to technology and cutting-edge things, Nebraska has always been one of the leaders. I just wish people were more open to stylistic changes like you are talking about. I couldn't believe that they approved the alternate unis that we wore last year, so maybe things are starting to loosen up a little bit.

The department might ease up alot more with Eichorst now being the AD instead of TO. while TO did great great things for husker athletics, I think he was kind of old school when it came to alternate uniforms for the football team.

I think TO is decidedly less old school than the majority of our older, blue-collar, traditionalist fanbase. Tom has been on record more than once claiming not to have a problem with the idea of alternative uniforms.

I think TO is decidedly less old school than the majority of our older, blue-collar, traditionalist fanbase. Tom has been on record more than once claiming not to have a problem with the idea of alternative uniforms.

I was unaware of this, touche good sir :smokin

I think TO being the man making the decisions actually HELPED the blue-hairs to loosen up a little with the alternates. Almost everybody in this state believes TO can do no wrong, so when he is the one behind decisions like that, our old-timer traditionalist fans ease up a little with their criticisms.

I think TO being the man making the decisions actually HELPED the blue-hairs to loosen up a little with the alternates. Almost everybody in this state believes TO can do no wrong, so when he is the one behind decisions like that, our old-timer traditionalist fans ease up a little with their criticisms.

If TO did help the blue hairs loosen up some, maybe Eichorst can continue that trend. He came from a school that is pretty big on having alternates and things of that nature, maybe he can convince the older crowd to take on more that kind of approach. In saying that I dont mean that we should abandon our tradition and turn into another Oregon, but doing one or two things a year that is different and exciting for the players and perspective recruits.

If TO did help the blue hairs loosen up some, maybe Eichorst can continue that trend. He came from a school that is pretty big on having alternates and things of that nature, maybe he can convince the older crowd to take on more that kind of approach. In saying that I dont mean that we should abandon our tradition and turn into another Oregon, but doing one or two things a year that is different and exciting for the players and perspective recruits.

I think where we are at right now is a good place to be. You see things like the #huskers on the football field last year, the classic yet distinctive look of the new arena floor design, alternate uniforms once per year, the Iron N group keeping the student experience fresh and exciting, as just a few examples, and there is a good, healthy balance of Nebraska tradition and familiarity mixed with staying relevant and on top of our game.

I haven't received anything on season tickets yet. I requested two tickets in the east expansion area under the 150 donation. I have had a few discussions with the ticket office. From my understanding, they will be going through them the whole month of April and possibly into May. They suspect notification won't start until the middle to end of May.