Stadium Expansion

* Oh the irony of having the Pinnacle Bank Arena's floor sponsored by First National Bank

My first thought, too.

I guess floor naming rights weren't in the arena naming contract. Pinnacle Bank dropped the ball BIG time there.

First National is the official bank of Nebraska Athletics. I am guessing they threw their considerable weight on this one.

Quite frankly, I'm not truly upset. In fact, my goal has been reached. I wanted the state outline back. I just find it a bit....strange...that I posted my concept and then a few weeks later *bam* the state outline is on the court in a different stain. Especially when, I think it was Boehm, said that the giant N was staying. There's enough differences that they didn't straight rip it, but I do believe I provided some inspiration to the athletic department. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should be too upset huskeraddict. I think by putting your design on HuskerBoard for the world to see actually did a service to Husker fans...you got the state outline back on Nebraska's basketball court.

In my opinion, this clearly proves that the Athletic Department does pay attention to this board, and they obviously liked what they saw with your design. Will they ever give you credit for it? No. But we all here at HuskerBoard know exactly where they got their inspiration for the court. So to you I give you +1.

Now if they would just listen to all of us about replacing the field turf at Memorial Stadium.....

Quite frankly, I'm not truly upset. In fact, my goal has been reached. I wanted the state outline back. I just find it a bit....strange...that I posted my concept and then a few weeks later *bam* the state outline is on the court in a different stain. Especially when, I think it was Boehm, said that the giant N was staying. There's enough differences that they didn't straight rip it, but I do believe I provided some inspiration to the athletic department. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should be too upset huskeraddict. I think by putting your design on HuskerBoard for the world to see actually did a service to Husker fans...you got the state outline back on Nebraska's basketball court.

In my opinion, this clearly proves that the Athletic Department does pay attention to this board, and they obviously liked what they saw with your design. Will they ever give you credit for it? No. But we all here at HuskerBoard know exactly where they got their inspiration for the court. So to you I give you +1.

Now if they would just listen to all of us about replacing the field turf at Memorial Stadium.....

:clap Ha ha! Good God that made me laugh!

I'm not the only one here who gets that addict is joking around about being "upset" about this, right? I'm seeing some awfully serious-sounding responses to (what I thought was) obvious joking around.

Anyway...

From the Spring Game, here's my crummy pic of the East Stadium from the inside.

040613eaststadium1.jpg

I'm not the only one here who gets that addict is joking around about being "upset" about this, right? I'm seeing some awfully serious-sounding responses to (what I thought was) obvious joking around.

Anyway...

040613eaststadium1.jpg

I was in East stadium with QMany for the Spring Game and could not help myself from looking up at it over and over. I didn't realize how further back from the field that upper deck is, and it's just massive when you're looking at it from below in the East grandstand. Those people up there are really going to have an absolutely stunning view of the field, stadium and city.

Anyway...

You're probably referring to my post. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents is all. Wasn't sure if you guys were joking or not, but I certainly didn't get the impression anyone was upset.

Did anyone else notice that with the expansion finally being all closed up the funny tricks the wind was playing with the baloons when they were released. It just happen to catch my attention that I've never seen the baloons act the way they did, even on the windiest of days, before that upper deck was there. It's like they couldnt get up and out of the stadium.

Or was I on crack?

Did anyone else notice that with the expansion finally being all closed up the funny tricks the wind was playing with the baloons when they were released. It just happen to catch my attention that I've never seen the baloons act the way they did, even on the windiest of days, before that upper deck was there. It's like they couldnt get up and out of the stadium.

Or was I on crack?

They were definitely going wild and having a hard time. Hard to say if it was from the expansion or from the bizarre wind, especially since the framing for the expansion had been in place for a few home games last season.

Or was I on crack?

They were definitely going wild and having a hard time. Hard to say if it was from the expansion or from the bizarre wind, especially since the framing for the expansion had been in place for a few home games last season.

The framing was, but it wasnt exactly close off as it is now. The full deck of seats wasnt in place quite yet. All the windy games I've attended in my life, I've never really seen anything quite like that.

I noticed the balloons swirling right away too. Having that east end creating more of a bowl will do that for sure but also the atmospheric conditions of the day could have played a role in that as well. Different ambient air temperatures, wind and humidities. For example, the helium in those ballons is definitely lighter than air but cool it off in the windy shade (as compared to the air outside of the balloon around the stadium) and it loses a lot of the lift properties. So they will naturally hang in one spot a little more.